coldicephoenixcoldicephoenix Member Posts: 344 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Klingon Discussion
1) Kazon
2) kazon
3) kazon
4) Kazon
and did I mention ?
5) Kazon

seriously, why do some people think its a good idea to give Klingons, the Kazon.. :mad: Heck, even the Borg thought assimilating them would detract from perfection! For the love of all that's good and honorable please please please pwe/cryptic.. DO NOT GIVE US THE KAZON!! Give us something like the Devore or Hazari if you ever make the delta quadrant expansion.

oh and also no Malons as well... uuugh

We still live!!!!! Hahahahahahahahaa! We live and we will conquer!!!!! Hahahahahaaha!

-Roach, when asked about Klingon extinction!
Post edited by coldicephoenix on

Comments

• Options
    baelogventurebaelogventure Member Posts: 1,002 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Nope.

You're getting Kazon. You deserve nothing less.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Nope.

*screams Kirk style*
    BAELOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOG!!

We still live!!!!! Hahahahahahahahaa! We live and we will conquer!!!!! Hahahahahaaha!

• Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Personally, I support the idea of Hazari. In all honesty, I've had quite enough of the modified Humans all over the galaxy.

Devore, Antarians, Akritirians, and Banean are Humans with forehead ridges.

Ocampa, Terrellians, and Vulcans are Humans with pointy ears.

Romulans are Vulcans with forehead ridges.

Bajorans are Humans with wrinkled noses.

Brunali and Norcadian are Humans with large noses.

Betazoids are Humans with black eyes.

Dinaali, Sikarians, Takarians, and El-Aurians are Humans, with absolutely no modifications, simply Humans.

Give us something that is quite obviously NOT Human, like Ankari, Chokuzan, Imhotep, Caatati, Kolaati, or better yet, Night Aliens. Or for that matter, use Talaxians, and give them the species trait of 50% chance to give food poisoning. But please, use a NON-human species this time.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I rather do like how they explained away the "rubber bodypart aliens" with the precursors, so almost every alien race in the galaxy is humanoid.

Still, KDF, Kazons. We know it's gonna happen. :P
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    seriously, why do some people think its a good idea to give Klingons, the Kazon.. :mad:

Many people think they have good ideas on this forum, but they usually don't. ;)

That said, I'd play a Kazon. With a friggin' Kazon ship. Why you may ask? Well, I kinda' like the ship, but more importantly - for the hillarity of gloating for killing someone in PvP with a Kazon! :P
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Ogla Carrier with Fighter fighters and Raider frigates...
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Nope.

Obvious troll is obvious.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Gosh, I know, I'm trying to troll SO HARD...

Anyway...

When the KDF do get Kazons, I'm sure the Feds will get Talaxians.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Gosh, I know, I'm trying to troll SO HARD...

Anyway...

When the KDF do get Kazons, I'm sure the Feds will get Talaxians.

I can already see the name of that expansion: "The TRIBBLE's Transwarp Gate".:P
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    In Voyager, whenever they used to say "Kazon Maage" or "Maage Khala" (correct spelling?) all I could think of was Marge Simpson! :eek:
    I wonder if her hair was an inspiration!!

• Options
    edited May 2014
    HMM hadn't thought about that.:D

Anyway for fairness sake I nominate the Tak Tak from "Macrocosm" as a playable race for the Romulans.
  • Options
    zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    People likely try to lump the Kazon with the KDF because the Kazons are written as a poor imitation brand of Klingon, even the Voy writers admit that much.

And yeah do not want in the Empire, they are not worthy if the Empire encountered them then we all know how it would end, one side or the other would provoke the other then the Klingons would roll them with little effort.
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    In Voyager, whenever they used to say "Kazon Maage" or "Maage Khala" (correct spelling?) all I could think of was Marge Simpson! :eek:
    I wonder if her hair was an inspiration!!

It's First Maje. And it is a "rank" denoting that person as the leader of a particular Sect. Jal Culluh was the First Maje of the Nistrim sect.
    zipagat wrote: »
    People likely try to lump the Kazon with the KDF because the Kazons are written as a poor imitation brand of Klingon, even the Voy writers admit that much.

And yeah do not want in the Empire, they are not worthy if the Empire encountered them then we all know how it would end, one side or the other would provoke the other then the Klingons would roll them with little effort.

As I recall, the Kazon were modeled after the street gangs of Los Angeles. The "warrior tradition" is merely glorified killing for the sake of killing and violence for them. The Klingon way of the warrior is based of Bushido, where there is no honor in killing the defenseless. The connection between the Kazon and the Klingons being similar is only surface deep.

As for the Kazon themselves, I could see different sects allying with different Alpha Quadrant Powers. The Kazon Ogla (Jal Karden, Jal Haliz), Kazon Relora, or Kazon Pommar (Jal Minnis) seem to me to be the most compatible with the Klingon Empire. The Kazon Nistrim should be allied with the Cardassian Union, particularly the Obsidian Order/True Way Faction.
  • Options
    emperordeslokemperordeslok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    what about the Vaadwaur? they seems like a better fit
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Kazon, eh? Aren't they that species that even the Borg consider worthless?
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    starswordc wrote: »
    Kazon, eh? Aren't they that species that even the Borg consider worthless?

Racial trait: Useless

The Borg Collective consider you worthless of assimilating, therefore refuse to react or adapt to the attacks from a Kazon char.

+100% placate against Borg
    - 30% Leadership
    - 50% Efficency
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    It's pretty telling that the Borg consider the Kazon useless, but seemingly not the Pakleds

Take that for what you will.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    davidwford wrote: »
    It's First Maje.

As for the Kazon themselves, I could see different sects allying with different Alpha Quadrant Powers. The Kazon Ogla (Jal Karden, Jal Haliz), Kazon Relora, or Kazon Pommar (Jal Minnis) seem to me to be the most compatible with the Klingon Empire. The Kazon Nistrim should be allied with the Cardassian Union, particularly the Obsidian Order/True Way Faction.

I can't see the KDF buying it though, Klingons respect strength and honor something that they would find lacking in the Kazon, they struggled against one Intrepid class starship against the Fleet of Starfleet or the KDF they wouldn't stand a chance.
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Borg are not the only ones to consider them worthless. When I watch Voyager, I skip over all the Kazon episodes, ALL of them.

But really, Kazon are really nothing more than Klingons who never brush their hair.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    My personal favourite facepalm moment for the Kazon is their idea of a "prison". Its just a line on the floor that they tell you not to cross :| Apparently the highly advanced and secret technology of doors and locks is lost to them.
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I really don't care if they add Kazon to the KDF or not. All I care about is if they as a species have any traits worth using (either playable, and/or BOFF traits), along with any ships (I would presume) that they give us as well, and how much they may or may not suck.

That said, agreed on most points here, I thought that the Kazon were stupid as well. A few months ago I did a super-marathon of every Star Trek episode, and it was a huge chore to get through the first couple seasons or so of Voyager because of them.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Kazon? Meh. The Empire needs ditch diggers too.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    ldvhlldvhl Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Since the KDF have fewer race options than Feds, I think any addition is good. Rather than the Vaadwaur (who I think would make a better antagonist race like the Breen), I'd like to see the Turei added to the KDF as well.
  • Options
    jestersagejestersage Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    bitemepwe wrote: »

That's what daily prisoner is for, and my brig is getting full.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited May 2014

These people killed themselves with a replicator. They wage space wars over water. They're morons. The Klingons would likely consider exterminating them a mercy, quite frankly.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    Racial trait: Useless

The Borg Collective consider you worthless of assimilating, therefore refuse to react or adapt to the attacks from a Kazon char.

+100% placate against Borg
    - 30% Leadership
    - 50% Efficency

KOR! stop giving pwe ideas you senile old man :p This isn't the century when you and Kang attacked the federation outpost that one time!!

sorry cudnt resist.. any time I see your posts I read them in Kor's voice :D

• Options
    edited May 2014
    zipagat wrote: »
    My personal favourite facepalm moment for the Kazon is their idea of a "prison". Its just a line on the floor that they tell you not to cross :| Apparently the highly advanced and secret technology of doors and locks is lost to them.

You know, probably something to do with honoring the fact that you're a prisoner, like the whole Tosk thing, about how they find it honorable to be hunted. Maybe the Kazon have specific honor codes when captured.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Klingon captain: "Kazon! Step forward!"
    Kazon bekk: "SIR!"
    Klingon captain: "Here take this shovel and dig a trench!"
    Kazon bekk: "Sir, we don't use trenches. We draw a line on the floor and tell the enemy phaser beams not to cross it."

*Klingon captain silently disintegrates the Kazon and orders forward a group of Gorn*
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    It's pretty telling that the Borg consider the Kazon useless, but seemingly not the Pakleds

Take that for what you will.

Well in terms of philosophy the Pakled are actually pretty similar to the Borg: they both seek to improve themselves by aquiring new technology.
    "We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to make us go." works pretty well for a Pakled drone don't you think?;)

Kazon are more like...Borg malware.
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Lol, the saying, "needs a ditch digger too..." is not a favorable saying but speaks to the uselessness of a person or people in society.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P