test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Heal Injuries in Ship's Sickbay

patcrowpatcrow Member Posts: 89 Arc User
Dear Developers

Could you guys add the ability to heal toons in the ships sickbay? I mean why do we have to go all the way to a starbase to heal when we have a sickbay in our ships? I would put a use to players sickbay.

Thanks
Post edited by patcrow on

Comments

• Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    patcrow wrote: »
    Dear Developers

Could you guys add the ability to heal toons in the ships sickbay? I mean why do we have to go all the way to a starbase to heal when we have a sickbay in our ships? I would put a use to players sickbay.

Thanks

You can heal on the fly with components.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yeah....

I noticed the big neon sign when I was on my way to sickbay 'cuz I sprained my wrist doing... I'd rather not say... which stated...

For Doffs Only!!!
  • Options
    caldannachcaldannach Member Posts: 485 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    Yeah....

I noticed the big neon sign when I was on my way to sickbay 'cuz I sprained my wrist doing... I'd rather not say... which stated...

For Doffs Only!!!

Lol! True.
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first, and the lessons after... "
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    tekehd wrote: »
    You can heal on the fly with components.

He's talking about injuries to the captain, not the ship.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    starswordc wrote: »
    He's talking about injuries to the captain, not the ship.

Same system, just use regenerators for the captain.

Just pretend, that it is your sickbay that is providing the healing. They just use tissue regenerators to do so which you occasionally need to stock up on. ;)
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    admiralcarteradmiralcarter Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The point the OP is making is simply that they should place an NPC Medical Officer or your own Bridge Officer that is Head of Medical, that is able to heal injuries like the Medical Officer does on ESD.

It shouldnt be too hard. The ship interiours need more interaction so they get used more.

I never saw Pciard or Sisko go back to Earth Spacedock to heal his wounds and injuries.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Star Trek Online Intro HD [3rd Fleet Anniversary]

• Options
    kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The point the OP is making is simply that they should place an NPC Medical Officer or your own Bridge Officer that is Head of Medical, that is able to heal injuries like the Medical Officer does on ESD.

It shouldnt be too hard. The ship interiours need more interaction so they get used more.

I never saw Pciard or Sisko go back to Earth Spacedock to heal his wounds and injuries.

Actually there is one episode in TNG where Picard has a heart problem and leaves the ship to have an operation done at a medical center but they end up having to call in Beverly to do the operation anyway. Amusingly this could by used as canon for why your captain can't get his injuries fixed in his own medical bay.
  • Options
    admiralcarteradmiralcarter Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    One Episode. That was one Episode...

In every series the ships healthcare was centered around their own sickbay not some Starbase...

We wont get improvments / changes if we tolerate some of the current set ups ingame as sufficent.

Cryptic says People arent using interiours therefore there is no need to make new canon ones. Reason we wont use the interiours because there is nothing to do.

Transfer some of the stuff we have to do on the Starbase to the ship. Medical Officer & Chief Engineer. Also they could create some kind of daily mini-missions like on the fleet starbase to justify the use of interiours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Star Trek Online Intro HD [3rd Fleet Anniversary]

• Options
    kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Lol sorry I think it's a great idea, I was just kidding around. Plus the idea of someone hobbling into their medbay with a broken leg and getting "What!? heal YOU? Nope. Sorry." makes me laugh.
  • Options
    noctusxxxnoctusxxx Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Wow this topic again. This has been a topic since the day interiors went live in game.

The Dark lord Geko has stated in the past that adding things to ship interiors that duplicate starbase features are not going to happen, as it will lower the traffic to the social zones.

The only exceptions to this are Lock box or special reward pack ships that are not easily available.
  • Options
    ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    My 2 cents - several times in the show when people were healed in sickbay, they had to STAY in sickbay for more than the 2 seconds it takes to interact with an NPC. (I'm thinking Journey to Babel, etc, where Kirk and Picard are stuck in sickbay at the end of the episode, and McCoy looks overly pleased with himself).

I think regenerators are a fair compromise, or free at the base. If on the ship, I'm sure people would be in an uproar if they were in an arbitrary global cooldown on STFs while they "wait" to get out of sickbay.

I know the feature being asked for would be to duplicate the starbase features on the ship with no penalty or regenerators required, but that just seems to be an impatient shortcut to me. If you can heal your injuries for free, and instantly, why even have them at all?