I would like to get some help with my build. I have tried PvP and there were occasions where my 20k shield and 38k hull were killed in 2 seconds by a burst. I also feel like my sci abilities are not as good as they should be so I'm probably using it incorrectly.
Missing things I didn't put on the page:
So what is my current build focussed on?
- Deflector: undine reputation
- Missing console slots: Undine reputation + undine mission (all of the weapon set)
- 3x torpedo CD doff (uhm yeah, might not be the best right now, but with gravi proc spam it's nice)
- 1x deflector ability cd reduction doff (deflector officer)
- Gravimetric scientist doff (aftershock)
- Base energy levels: 26/60/25/90.
- Effective energy levels: 50/86/41/130
I'm currently focussed on retaining 100+ aux. My 2 aux cannons don't drain too much and a torpedo in front because it doesn't cost power. The torpedo has an additional mini gw which can proc 3x on spread (tho considering to upgrade to undine torp).
I took the MACO 2x set parts due to the 2 set ability boost which grants another 7 aux and crew resistance rate etc. I took turrets to increase cannon volley hits and the omni for subsystem targeting. I'm currently planning on taking the undine rep turret and torpedo for a nice set bonus.
My skills are taken from a website as I had no idea what things did when I choose them (I'm relatively new to STO) and so goes for my boffs.
So what's wrong?
It feels like my science boffs don't really perform that well. It feels like their CC effects are minimal and easily rejected. In PvP I die fast and in PvE I keep getting agro.
What am I aiming for?
- My Science team only heals 1.9k facing... That's not nearly as much as I see others in PvP regen their shields
- My tractor beams is constantly rejected and escaped
- My Viral matrix seems to be doing very little to none
- Tyken feels useless in PvP
- Tachyon beam feels useless.. I really can't get any shields down with that
- My Gravity well does 30~400 dmg in PvP (even tho the popup says 800~1k+ depending on my energy level)
- My delta flyers were expensive but seem to not even lower their shields a little bit
- Even with sensor analysis, it's some times impossible to dmg someone while being blown to bits
I'm aiming for aux weaponry, it gives me nice damage for a sci and makes it possible for me to nearly completely reject weapons. My energy setup should show that as well. I'm trying to be useful in PvP by supporting, yet being able to deliver some damage and not get blown up in 2 seconds by 1 geared tac...
I really have no idea what kind of doffs I should aim for, I can't really find a useful list and I guess they are too gear dependent (in order to chose the right ones).
Should I really take a 3rd science officer in my ensign universal or should I take something else? Engineer with shield stuff? Tactical Team?
Is taking a torpedo a good idea or should I go for 3x aux cannons? I think taking a torpedo is a nice addition as it adds extra dmg (aoe if proc) and adds the torpedo spread. It also prevents power draining. When I get the undine torpedo and turret (13k away from T4), I will have the full set. It looks juicy
Should I trade out some consoles or play around with them?
What should I do with my Boff skills?
Please help this noob