test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ship sales... how often do they occur?

jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Federation Discussion
At the moment I am pretty happy flying around in my free T5 ships for both Fed and KDF so I actually do not feel the need to purchase a ship right now.

However, I just want to know how often in the past has Cryptic done 20% off sales on all starships (except newly released ones)? If I buy a new ship now, I might not play with it for a while, however, if I need to wait 12 months for another sale like this then... I guess I am missing out on an opportunity.

Also, I assume the ship(s) I buy will be available to all my toons for that faction... So if I had 4 KDF toons I only need to purchase the Mogh once. Is that correct? I will also assume that if I create a Romulan toon and align him/her with the KDF that Romulan toon will also have access to the Mogh.
Post edited by jaguarskx on

Comments

• Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    They tend to do 2 a year: one in the Spring/early Summer and one in the Autumn/early Winter.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    emperordeslokemperordeslok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yes c-store ships are single purchase multiple unlock for all valid toons, keep in mind romulans have their own ships but can share with their allied faction below t4 so your romulan couldn't use the mogh, but could use many of the lower tier kdf ships
  • Options
    brothernunibrothernuni Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hmm, quick question that is tangentially related, I just picked up the vesta science vessel (as part of the ship sale) and I was curious if there was any way to obtain more than one AUX-DHC for the vesta without buying the other two variants. :)
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hmm, quick question that is tangentially related, I just picked up the vesta science vessel (as part of the ship sale) and I was curious if there was any way to obtain more than one AUX-DHC for the vesta without buying the other two variants. :)

Remove current aux cannon to your inventory, discharge your vesta, claim another vesta, remove cannon from vesta 2 and repeat for your third.

Any gear on discharged ships will be gone forever
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    dahminus is right. I done this on my Galaxy pack. So I can have the Galaxy Refit and Dread with both consuls. So I don't have to swap them out all the time.

Yes, usually the sells are in Summer and Winter. This one is kinda early. So it might be more often? Or something is coming. At times they do a sell as well for certain ships. Like the Galaxy Pack a couple of months ago. They was on sell as well.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    brothernunibrothernuni Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thank you farmalm and dahminus!