test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Thread: Power Tray Slotting Bug (Resolved)

xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
edited July 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
i have an in game ticket open even.. ticket number 2,466,439

vital pertinants
game character: rayne@xraiderv1
faction: federation
career path: tactical

what was I doing when this happened?
I logged in, switched maps..and presto..command tray scrambled.

steps taken to reproduce?
reconfigure tray to suit, save loadout, beam down to starfleet academy, beam up to earth spacedock, beam up to starship.

steps taken to attempt a workaround?
saved loadout, changed one item, overwrote existing loadout.

notes?
this is really aggravating, all my ships are basically unusable in this state.
Murphy's laws:
1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• nlindgren57nlindgren57 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Just had the same thing happen to me. The game is unplayable with this glitch, I'm not going to set up my hotkeys everytime I change a map. WTF did you guys do in this patch? Also, all vet ships and galaxy line dreadnoughts aren't fixed and rename tokens are still broken.
  • drconny7drconny7 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    same here, this needs to be fixed so we can play.
  • codex211codex211 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    thank god thought it was just me (soz) sucks!!!!!
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    For god sake, STOP USING THE LOADOUT SYSTEM. You guys will never learn.. seriously. In the moment you SAVE anything using the loadout system for the first time, the try is broken forever. There are thousands of posts about this... z.
    edited May 2014
    Edge, I haven't used the loadout system, I actually refuse to create any loadouts, and this still happened to me.
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This is the Official Thread for Feedback/Discussion of the current known issue for: Power Tray Slotting Bug

Please reply to this thread if you are experiencing the same issue/bug and want to report the problem to our team. Please keep your posts constructive, and avoid personal violations of our TOS concerning Flamming/Trolling/Harassing other Forum Users, or the staff of Cryptic/PWE. Violations of these rules will result in moderation of your posts/accounts.

Description of issue/bug:
    Power Trays are resetting or going blank after map change. Loadouts are also affected.

We will alert this thread upon Resolution of this problem.

You can find the Master Index of current known issues at this link.
  • minmacdougalminmacdougal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I've been dealing with this for a while, but I have a sort of work-around for this. Set it all up in space (doffs, boffs, powers, etc.), save the loadout, then exit the game (that means close the program). Start it back up and you should be able to go between ground and space with no problems.
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    For god sake, STOP USING THE LOADOUT SYSTEM. You guys will never learn.. seriously. In the moment you SAVE anything using the loadout system for the first time, the try is broken forever. There are thousands of posts about this... z.

this isn't the case for me, I didn't use the loadout system at first and still would get unslotted powers, gear and doffs. I tried saving loadouts to help fix it, and sometimes it does reset it properly, but many times it either doesn't fix it or messes it up more.
    The problem is the game thinks you are using loadouts anyway even if you haven't saved any at first.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yeah this is still happening after today's patch.

I was excited about the loadout system when it was announced but I haven't even bothered using it because it was shipped stillborn.

I have no loadout saved on my ship and it unslotted 5 of my 12 boff powers when I changed maps for the first time today, and continued to unslot the same 5 after every single map transition.

I wish I could give a precise list of steps that I took to solve it but it took more than an hour and I played a few missions during that time.

Generally I fiddle around in Sol system with changing boffs, unslotting their skills from the tray, and also right-click dragging to unequip the "invisible" skill links from the "empty" skill tray boxes to make sure the whole thing is a clean slate, then re-equip the correct boffs, re-slot their skills. Then I use the switch starship button to swap to another ship that isn't all glitch to heck (my freighter), and then switch back, then change maps to sector or ESD (or do both on then the other).

It usually takes me 4-10 tries before it finally sticks but when it sticks it stays that way**... until I try to use another ship with different boffs and such.. in other words the new system makes me even LESS likely to try out a variety of ships in my roster than the old one because it breaks on every map transition.

**Except for the persistent issue of ship devices unequipping themselves, and the device powers also unequipping from the skill tray after every map change from ground to space.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
    edited May 2014
    marc8219 wrote: »
    this isn't the case for me, I didn't use the loadout system at first and still would get unslotted powers, gear and doffs. I tried saving loadouts to help fix it, and sometimes it does reset it properly, but many times it either doesn't fix it or messes it up more.
    The problem is the game thinks you are using loadouts anyway even if you haven't saved any at first.

I know. What i meant is, if you have a problem of that kind, dont even think on using the loadout system to fix it. Because a lot of people of these forums "recommend" to use it to fix skill try issues, and that is the worst thing you can do.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Edge, I haven't used the loadout system, I actually refuse to create any loadouts, and this still happened to me.
    I haven't used the Loadout System either, and yet, starting a couple days ago, my Weapons Battery (just the regular old common device) occasionally will leave my Power Tray. If I open my Power List, it's not there. When I open my ship's "character sheet" the Batts are there, but they're greyed out with a little message that says something like "loaded on another ship" (or similar). If I remove it and replace it with another stack of Weapon Batts I can go to my Power List and drag it back to the Power Tray.

I'll try to get a picture/exact text of what happens when it bugs and post it here.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Same problem here. Switching zones, beaming down, beaming up--all scramble my hot bar. Moves most things around, adds in BOFF abilities, dumps sensor analysis and shield capacitor. Locking the tray has no effect, except that it prevents me from rearranging until I unclick it.
    edited May 2014
    Minmac, I tried your work around and it doesn't work for me. I still lose my tray configuration as soon as I switch between ground and space. This bug is ridiculous, not being able to use your power tray is game breaking. Fix this fast.
  • xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ...and somehow I blundered my way into getting all 4 ships to keep their trays set.. I tried the loadouts method, then I tried changing my boff settings and some combination of the two worked..somehow. I'm not sure how..

prior to this fiasco, I'd not once touched the loadouts system.

given I'm not sure what actually got things to stay this time, I cannot offer a workaround that'd have any real chance of staying.

I'm pretty sure the tech gurus will take a copy of my character(go ahead, with my blessings, pretty sure you'll ask anyways) and will spot what all is going on, and what can be used as an interim workaround while a patch is worked on.

...and the above segment is pure speculation on my part, but one can dream.

that said, until a fix is implemented, I wont be touching a thing on these ships power wise.

...musta swapped carrier pets a hundred times today in the process come to think of it.
    Murphy's laws:
    edited May 2014
    xraider, if you figure out how to recreate what you did please post it here, as that would be immeasurably helpful for those of us dealing with this right now. However, don't try to actually recreate the process, or I'd be afraid of you having the bug occur again. It's good that you somehow got lucky and worked around this because this bug sucks.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,110 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I haven't had powers re-arrange/disappear, but if I'm not careful, sometimes switching maps from ground to space will cause all the Boff slots in the Station tab and Boff tray to be empty. Boff.

What I've noticed is that when I look at the 'Stations' tray on a ground map, one or more of the Bridge stations or Away Team slots will show as blank/empty. As long as there's at least one Bridge slot with a name in it, when I beam up to a space map, the Boff Space Map tray is fine. If I Beam up when all the slots (Bridge and ground) are empty - THEN I end up with an empty Boff Space map tray; and I need to manually re-select and slot them.

A workaround that works (as long as you do it on a ground map before you go to a space map is:

If I'm on a ground map and look at the Stations tab and one or more slots are blank; I I left click with my mouse on any blank slot; all the slot will suddenly re-populate themselves with the correct Boff. (If I forget to check and do this; and all the slot are empty of the Ground map; they'll then all be empty on the space map; and left clicking will NOT restore them, the way it does on a ground map. <-- At that point, they have to be re-assigned manually (and if you have a ship loadout available; loading it WILL NOT restore them either, the slots will remain empty until I manually redo them.

Also, on a space map to space map transfer; sometimes one or two 'Away Team' slots will become empty; and in space - left clicking on such an empty slot will restore all empty slots to what they were before. Some may think it's not much of an issue; but if you go from a Space map to a Ground map with empty Away Team slots - you'll get stock redshirt Security NPCs instead of the Boff that was originally in that slot.

I've been experiencing the above on all my characters (and opened a few tickets in the past) since the UI revamp that came with the LoR expansion. (And a few in my Fleet have been experiencing exactly this too - and it's nasty if it happens as you're entering a PvP space map.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I don't use the loadouts system, never have. Prior to yesterdays patch I would have my aux batteries randomly go missing from my tray to my hold as they would be removed from the ship also powers would swap slots especially tractor beams and plasma hyperflux. Might happen once or twice during a play session.

Since yesterdays patch I am having batteries being removed quite more often (after map changing or beaming) and locking the tray does nothing to stop it

Weird thing is, even though I don't use the loadout system, the loadout placeholder is in the ship slot which held the missing batteries that are moved to my hold. There should not be any placeholders as I drag and drop my gear from my hold to my ship and back every time.

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    xraider, if you figure out how to recreate what you did please post it here, as that would be immeasurably helpful for those of us dealing with this right now. However, don't try to actually recreate the process, or I'd be afraid of you having the bug occur again. It's good that you somehow got lucky and worked around this because this bug sucks.

I am many things..into pain is not one of them, believe you me I am NOT touching any of the powers till this is fixed.

I do wish to point out as an aside..that swapping equipped weapons/gear(examples include phaser beam arrays and warp cores) does not seem to affect the power tray, though gods help you if you get something like the spatial charge launcher or quantum field focus phaser and want to use it..you're taking your chances on that fellas.
    Murphy's laws:
  • trizeo1trizeo1 Member Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This is the Official Thread for Feedback/Discussion of the current known issue for: Power Tray Slotting Bug

Please reply to this thread if you are experiencing the same issue/bug and want to report the problem to our team. Please keep your posts constructive, and avoid personal violations of our TOS concerning Flamming/Trolling/Harassing other Forum Users, or the staff of Cryptic/PWE. Violations of these rules will result in moderation of your posts/accounts.

Power Trays are resetting or going blank after map change. Loadouts are also affected.

Good day Captain 07

What I've been experiencing is as follows

Before patch (FED)
    - Skill tray was switching positions... maybe just 1 or 2
    - BOFF would be gone once in a couple of days
    - changing ships would enable visuals (not sure if this is a bug or not)

After patch (FED)
    - Same as above
    - when in shipyard and switching ships there, some of my weapons/items would still be saying that it's equipped on another ship. I would just have to click and select it from my inv again which would make the weapon/item appear again
    - in shipyard again picking a ship, some of the weapons/items were just gone (empty)
    - going into space also had the same problems
    - when selecting my pre saved bill it would not load it and say it cannot load. I can see my Boffs cycling as if it were trying but no go. I would have to click manually.

Before patch (KDF Klingon/FED Rom)
    - I cannot access items that are in my bank from my select menu. I would have to go to the bank and physically take them out

My in game is @trizeo1 if that helps. I hope that a fix comes soon but I must say, even with the bugs it is still 10x faster than the old way.

Thank you for your time Captain 07
  • kagasenseikagasensei Member Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    • Whenever I reactivate my personal trait Stubborn, it gets automatically slotted in my action bar (didn't know it is an active trait now). After dying with this character (Female Betazoid), it disappears again and I have to re-slot it.
    • Equipping the replicated Frequency Remodulator does not automatically slot the associated skill into my action bar.
  • battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Bit late for those of us who did though. I don't see a way to delete them.
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • lebtronlebtron Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    From time to time I have the problem too, but my workaround I had for doff, does its job on the skills too.

I prepare my skillbar, save it. After that I remove an item from my ship and load the build one time. After that skills stay were they should be.

Sometimes things still mess up, weapons or boffs are removed or something like this. But as I can load the build without any problem, its just a second of work.
  • ridddickxxxridddickxxx Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Same problem here, on every ship, tried everything.
    Only thing that works is if you have option the create new loadout, arrange your tray and hit new loadout, it will be saved the first time, and you cant change it any more.
    2nhfgxf.jpg
  • overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I had this problem and I use this workaround too. Works 100% of the time as long as you are not affected by this bug as well. If you have that bug too you need to apply the workaround for it before this workaround or some boffs might fail to slot properly when loading the loadout.
    lebtron wrote: »
    From time to time I have the problem too, but my workaround I had for doff, does its job on the skills too.

I prepare my skillbar, save it. After that I remove an item from my ship and load the build one time. After that skills stay were they should be.
  • ilhanskilhansk Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited May 2014

I can't help it but this post indeed gives me hope that Cryptic will eventually fix the tray problems. I also want to applaud you for the newly created "Bug Master Index" thread; until now, efforts like this were always community-driven.

There is also another very harmful and exploitable issue that is connected to this threads topic:

GEAR/ITEM DUPLICATION

For obvious reason one shouldn't go into specifics. One also probably does not need to point how "disrupting" item duplication for Cryptics bottom line could become, even if only very few players find a way to exploit such loophole. Since its directly tied to this thread topic, consider it as an incentive to speed up your efforts fixing things. ;)

I am a PvP'er spending most of my playtime fighting other premades and teams. Imagine my surprise when after some matches I ended up with multiple, additional copies of weapons, reputation gear and Lobi Store items. Trust me, I did not farm 3-4 full copies of the MK XII Borg set, nor did I buy multiple copies of unique Lobi Store items for the same character.

Further, I ended up loosing a Tachyokinetic Converter when discarding a MK XII Borg shield, with no way of retrieving the lost item. Which leads me to believe that there are some very alarming linking issues in Cryptics backend database regarding items.

You may want to fix it.
    Visit the Inner Circle YouTube Channel to watch some STO pew pew PVP action!

• emperordeslokemperordeslok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I haven't used the Loadout System either, and yet, starting a couple days ago, my Weapons Battery (just the regular old common device) occasionally will leave my Power Tray. If I open my Power List, it's not there. When I open my ship's "character sheet" the Batts are there, but they're greyed out with a little message that says something like "loaded on another ship" (or similar). If I remove it and replace it with another stack of Weapon Batts I can go to my Power List and drag it back to the Power Tray.

I'll try to get a picture/exact text of what happens when it bugs and post it here.

I've had this happen beaming down to K-7 lately, I did try using loadouts to resolve my boff unslotting issue and it seems that after a handful of attempts that at least my bridge crew is behaving themselves again
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Indeed, and I'm the inverse, I use the loadout system and it doesn't happen to me on any of my toons. Which shows why it's important to report on the issue when seen and not just assume it's because you did or did not do something specific. The issue is pervasive and systemic but obviously not due to the player using a particular function.
    edited May 2014
    Same problem here, on every ship, tried everything.
    Only thing that works is if you have option the create new loadout, arrange your tray and hit new loadout, it will be saved the first time, and you cant change it any more.

And again, this is a terrible idea. As commented thousands of times, the problems are random for any user. This can work for you, but for other user it can be totally a mess up. Thats the whole story about the loadout system. Its imagination is neverending.. :P

Skill try issues are present since before S9, i think even before season 8.5. By then , they were no so problematic, and people could live with it. But with the arrive of the totally useless loadout system, everything got worse. And since cryptic never fixed the first problems back in season 8 in the first place, now everything is a total mess. Like its happening since a long time ago with so many important issues.
  • codex211codex211 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    i cant move anything into my personal tray that doesnt go back after a map change and this was before i tried the loadout system, only happened on 1 charc so far, any news would be appreciated :)
  • hmallow42hmallow42 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This happened to me last night. Very annoying.
This discussion has been closed.