test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Assimilated Borg Technology Too Expensive?

bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
edited May 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
With Season 9 the prices of the Nukara, Romulan Space Sets only cost 750 Marks per piece, and I thought this change would also be done for the Set in the Omega Reputation but there the space sets are still between 900-1000 Marks is that a bug or working as intended.

http://imgur.com/sq7CvwZ
Bridger.png
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• markdb2011markdb2011 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Its not a bug. Its the right price since your paying for mk12 gear. I think your confused with mk10 gear
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Pretty sure they only discounted the Nukara and Romulan sets because they weren't popular.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    markdb2011 wrote: »
    Its not a bug. Its the right price since your paying for mk12 gear. I think your confused with mk10 gear

There is no MK-10 or 11 gear anymore.
    Bridger.png
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    markdb2011 wrote: »

It was 500 marks before S9.
  • peachpest04peachpest04 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well Omega marks has always been the easiest to farm of the Rep marks but yeah still odd that they have such a large jump in cost over the others.

8472 - 750 each - 5 injectors - 32,500 Dill

Romulan - 750 each - 32,00 Dill

Nukara - 750 each - 32,500 Dill

Omega -

Assimilated - 900 each - 3 neural - 32,500 Dill

Other 3 sets - 1000 each - 5 neural - 34,000 Dill

I mean just look at that cost difference not only in terms of marks, how can that be justified.
  • cehuscehus Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I was under the impression that all of the Omega rep stuff would be brought into the new pricing system. It's a shame to see it hasn't.
    Cehus.png
    edited May 2014
    The funny thing is, not only you need that stupid ammount of marks, you still need those dumbs BNP's... :mad:
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I could have sworn that before Season 9 for Mk XIIs only the Omega set was 1000. The other three were 900.

I believe the Mk XI stuff used to be 750 and Mk X 675.

We could also use some Upgrade Projects to trade up the old Mk XI and Mk X stuff to Mk XII.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited May 2014
    Any update on this, it would be nice if a Dev could confirm if it is a bug or not.
    Bridger.png
    edited May 2014
    bridgern wrote: »
    Any update on this, it would be nice if a Dev could confirm if it is a bug or not.

Wat do you mean, there is no bug at all?:confused:
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2014
    bridgern wrote: »

This is not a bug.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • emperordeslokemperordeslok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Keep in mind omega marks are by far the easiest to get, look at the time cost of the equipment not the numerical mark value
  • neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    this is not a bug man the reason for the increased price is due to how many marks all the STFs put out which is at least double what most do soo in order for it to take the same amount of time to earn they double the mark requirement
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
    edited May 2014
    Keep in mind omega marks are by far the easiest to get, look at the time cost of the equipment not the numerical mark value

I dont think so, in fact, i think omega are the hardest ones to get only because the Defera invasion zone is made for teams. And sometimes trying to get in a team is well, neverending waiting. Nukara is ridiculous easy, Romulan marks the same, Dyson harder, but still easier than Omega. And Undine i dont have a clue since i am not bothered to do it.

Of course the need of Borg Neural Processors should be eliminated. Because they have no sense anymore if i need to put in 1000 omega marks. But i guess we will get stucked with em until the end of times.
  • oracle54oracle54 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This is not a bug.

Of course it isn't a bug, but I think what we really want to know is: Is it as intended, or has someone forgotten to change the value or not gotten around to it yet.
  • neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I dont think so, in fact, i think omega are the hardest ones to get only because the Defera invasion zone is made for teams. And sometimes trying to get in a team is well, neverending waiting. Nukara is ridiculous easy, Romulan marks the same, Dyson harder, but still easier than Omega. And Undine i dont have a clue since i am not bothered to do it.

Of course the need of Borg Neural Processors should be eliminated. Because they have no sense anymore if i need to put in 1000 omega marks. But i guess we will get stucked with em until the end of times.

you left out the STFs entirely those missions are a cakewalk now thanks to experienced people and reward 75 marks and up on top of the 55 daily marks so 1 mission already gets ya a 10th of the way there and there are 8 STFs so ya omega marks are the easiest to come by and easiest to use. also if ya do not need BNPs just trade em in for dilithium 3 for 1000 is not bad in fact it is a discount
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited May 2014

I don't know what game you're playing, because you have the order of difficulty in acquiring marks entirely wrong.

And I'm going to quote my post from page 1 again.. go read through the threads in the Tribble section that led up to the release of Season 9 when the price change was originally introduced.
    Pretty sure they only discounted the Nukara and Romulan sets because they weren't popular.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
    edited May 2014
    neos472 wrote: »
    you left out the STFs entirely those missions are a cakewalk now thanks to experienced people and reward 75 marks and up on top of the 55 daily marks so 1 mission already gets ya a 10th of the way there and there are 8 STFs so ya omega marks are the easiest to come by and easiest to use. also if ya do not need BNPs just trade em in for dilithium 3 for 1000 is not bad in fact it is a discount

Right now, a lot of people hates STFs. Me included. And without STFs, the only option is Defera. And you better get a team, or you will get ridiculous ammount of omega marks doing easy runs.
    edited May 2014
    I don't know what game you're playing, because you have the order of difficulty in acquiring marks entirely wrong.

And I'm going to quote my post from page 1 again.. go read through the threads in the Tribble section that led up to the release of Season 9 when the price change was originally introduced.

I dont think so. LOl.

If you are having difficulties to gather romulan marks or nukara, for example, you are doing something really really wrong. They are by far the easiest ones. One different thing is that you need a little more time to gather enough romulan marks to be worthy, but as i said tons of times, its not always about gaining a millions of marks in 5 minutes. If you are not in a hurry, romulan marks are embarrasing easy for all the options you have to gather em. And Nukara just doing easy runs, the same.

Dyson in my opinion is easier than Omega, because you dont need to "wait" to a team. You can start a run and join everybody that is trying to get to the final stage. Thats for me is far easier than Omega. By far.
    edited May 2014
    I think this not the smartest move because the Omega Rep contains three times the amount of gear than other Reps.
    Bridger.png
  • sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps
    edited May 2014
    IT IS CHEAPER! Not by much but STOwiki still has the old prices up. They changed the amount of BNP as not they don't drop more then 1 on elite STF's now. Its was 5 now 3 MACO was 10 now 5 per item.

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a632/Sanokskyrat/cheaper_zps7d1a1c33.png

And here is a link to the wiki page.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Assimilated_Borg_Technology

PERSONALLY I WOULD LIKE THOSE 1, 6 AND 11 BNP BACK! They were great for Dilth.
    1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg