What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gained Access To Shuttlebay! Pics!!

2»

Comments

• iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Wiped out how? Do you mean because it's dark?

I'm assuming that Best Korea's government was dissolved around the Eugenics Wars or World War III.

There should be proper infrastructure and signs of cities by 2409-2410.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • noctusxxxnoctusxxx Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Wiped out how? Do you mean because it's dark?

I have to admit, I would find it slightly amusing, if after WW3, the Eugenics Wars, and the unification of Earth, that North Korea steadfastly refused to participate and is still a little dark spot on the globe.

A little lost nation so backwards not even Kahn and the other genetically modified despots wanted to touch it.
  • zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    I'm assuming that Best Korea's government was dissolved around the Eugenics Wars or World War III.

There should be proper infrastructure and signs of cities by 2409-2410.

Best korea is eternal
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • jacqueline3752jacqueline3752 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    hehe 2410 North Korea is lead by Kim Jong-un great great great grandson and the Workers' Party of Korea end like to day no power for streets lights
  • rrincyrrincy Member Posts: 1,023
    edited April 2014
    A friend of mine showed me how earlier , and had a good look around , and I echo the earlier sentiments , it's a fantastic area and a little disappointing that players have to find out secret ways of getting into it.
    Personally I'd like to see it opened up , it would make a great part of the Fed introduction tutorial , arrive to ESD via shuttle from starfleet academy , and land in the shuttlebay itself to disembark :cool:
    12th Fleet
    Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
    U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The devs may dislike stuff like this since it points out more bugs. However, this is some of the only true exploration in the game IMHO. I once nearly glitched myself down to the Reman area on New Romulus. I was getting closer and closer but I eventually gave up due to the length of time it was taking me. I remember being truly excited about the prospect of making it down there.

We could use more of this in the game.
    Hehe... one of the first things I tried to do on Mol'Rihan was jumping into the ocean. Mainly because it borders the Reman area and you could probably "swim" to the Reman area if you managed to jump in.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • blevokblevok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have long believed that "climbing" (a general term to describe the quest to reach areas that were not intended to be accessible) is the only true exploration in STO. It's always been the one thing that helps to keep me sane amidst the confined progression of most of the available content.

There are many places to climb, but ESD was the best. With it's demise, the remaining areas are not really adequate so i request that the new ESD not be crippled any more than it already is.
    It is of course a tragedy that the shuttlebay was closed off with invisible walls, and i would hope that cryptic recognizes the disappointment that a huge percentage of players will feel as they realize they can't walk through it.

If there is a way down there, don't close it off. Do as someone else suggested, put an accolade down there and leave it as a little hidden gem for explorers to enjoy. It's not hurting anyone, and in fact it serves an important function. I know that i personally would have much less game time if i didn't have these little tidbits of real adventure to engage me in between grind sessions.
    Fleet: Stargate-Union
    Pizza: Pepperoni
    Kalek shel'tek!

"Do not make me look foolish by allowing yourself to be murdered" -Lord Yu
  • icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ahh they should leave the sneaky entrance in game but add a console at each window. so say if I walk by and see a disco ball and a bunch of dancers I activate console and send them all to their death and they respawn at transporter. now that would be fun.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• bclark09bclark09 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    icsairguns wrote: »
    ahh they should leave the sneaky entrance in game but add a console at each window. so say if I walk by and see a disco ball and a bunch of dancers I activate console and send them all to their death and they respawn at transporter. now that would be fun.

I like that idea, but I would amend that such a console would drop the forcefields and vent the hangar deck to space. Anyone smart enough to be wearing an environmental suit would be lucky enough to stay in place.