test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Dyson Sphere Undine Battlezone Feedback Thread

13»

Comments

• commodoreobviouscommodoreobvious Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    A few items I've noticed in the battlezone.

*when fighting the planet killers, if the Klingon devices are supposed to be used, they seem to appear and immediately complete without being interacted with.

*the undine seem to retake zones a little too easily. We had one run where we finished all but one of the capture points, and before we took that last point five of the other zones were retaken. Kinda frustrating.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Please redo the voiceovers for the Bolian in the intro cinematic. It just sounds so laughably terrible...
  • chuzordie5chuzordie5 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    gotten 5 of these so far in the space battle zone, and they will not award any marks. unable to sell them or destroy them which is good.. but i would prefer that they at least give out the default 10 marks that the BZ here has become very efficient at handing out.

Hey DEVS what will i do with all these broken boxes please
    edited April 2014
    chuzordie5 wrote: »
    gotten 5 of these so far in the space battle zone, and they will not award any marks. unable to sell them or destroy them which is good.. but i would prefer that they at least give out the default 10 marks that the BZ here has become very efficient at handing out.

Hey DEVS what will i do with all these broken boxes please

up to 7 of these dead boxes.. goin back to holodeck til someone reads this
    edited April 2014
    It would be nice if successfully fending off an attempt by the Undine to reopen a rift awarded a small number of Undine Marks. It might encourage people to do that rather than stay at an overcrowded in-progress recapture, and it would make the battlezone more consistent (rewarding players for successfully doing something useful to the battle).

i agree.. when making sure the undine do not retake a blue area.. some reward would be nice.. half the normal reward would be great.. 5 marks for making sure you do not have to do a section completely over again .

even if you in an area ALONE.. you could possibly take an keep 3 areas clear until someone could come along to help with the other areas.. that alone would mean steady mark progression instead of just making laps for 10 marks while the zone flops back an forth from red to blue.

when a section is being contested.. ( aka fought over ) could we get a map marker to know where combat is so we can provide support.. currently all we have is the hashed marks that do not always update on some areas when combat is needed there.

If it was worth it for people starting the zone to patrol.. for half marks per se.. then the zone would complete faster for the benefit of all.
  • commodoreobviouscommodoreobvious Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I second the reward for reclaiming zones.
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Still getting my ship stuck in the flight ceiling.

Still disappointed in the complete absence of any evidence that this used to be Voth territory that they were forcefully evicted from (you already have the hulk models and the split-up city ship debris, use it).

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2014
    Rewards for preventing the re-capture of a point are too easily exploitable in too many different ways. We've considered different options, but they are all likely to result in aberrant behavior.

It's not immediately obvious, but your real reward for preventing the re-capture of a taken point, is that the zone cycle ends sooner, and you get to reap the rewards of defeating the Planet Killers. If you don't prevent those re-caps, the zone takes that much longer to cycle to the boss stage, reducing your overall reward:time ratio.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
    edited April 2014
    Rewards for preventing the re-capture of a point are too easily exploitable in too many different ways. We've considered different options, but they are all likely to result in aberrant behavior.

It's not immediately obvious, but your real reward for preventing the re-capture of a taken point, is that the zone cycle ends sooner, and you get to reap the rewards of defeating the Planet Killers. If you don't prevent those re-caps, the zone takes that much longer to cycle to the boss stage, reducing your overall reward:time ratio.

still have mark boxes from the USBZ that wont open.. i know its still a work in progress.
    but just a note that its being looked into would send a lot of good will towards the idea that theses boards are being read and acted upon.

will there be a test weekend.
    will the FE be up on tribble to test and make sure it works
    will all the Undine rep be available any time soon on a vendor for real testing in the new STF/ESTF instances by players.