test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Worst ever?

grandnaguszek1grandnaguszek1 Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Ten Forward
In all of Star Trek, who do you think is the worst character if you had to pick one from any series or movie?
say-star-wars-is-better.jpg
Post edited by grandnaguszek1 on

Comments

• helvetiamatt81helvetiamatt81 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Wesley Crusher.
  • grandnaguszek1grandnaguszek1 Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Neelix, it has to be.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    forget those characters the worst character ever is Janeway in my opinion by more then country miles or post codes, try whole galaxies worse. the worst hypocrite and mass murderer you will ever find on trek and even got promoted to admiral for her efforts.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ziyal (Dukat's daughter).
    She was so pointless...three different actresses portrayed her, and no one cared.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    forget those characters the worst character ever is Janeway in my opinion by more then country miles or post codes, try whole galaxies worse. the worst hypocrite and mass murderer you will ever find on trek and even got promoted to admiral for her efforts.

You forgot "traitor".
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited April 2014

I prefer the theory that they promoted her to Admiral just so she doesn't pull stupid stunts like that again.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I prefer the theory that they promoted her to Admiral just so she doesn't pull stupid stunts like that again.

Worst part is: This actually makes sense.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • admiraltrappittadmiraltrappitt Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Kai Winn. Definatly her.
    Proad admin of the Star Trek Battles channel. Join today!

I actually like Delta Rising.
    edited April 2014
    Kai Winn. Definatly her.

ironically for her, she is ultimately the forgotten hero who helped sisko. for all her plotting and scheming trying to be recognized as someone of importance for years to come, she got nothing from it.

i didnt find her a real pest, but rather hollow as your typical windbag politician is concerned.
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    That ghost that Crusher fell in love in at the end of TNG. Mostly since that episode is making a good chance for being the worst Star Trek Episode ever.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    rahmkota19 wrote: »
    That ghost that Crusher fell in love in at the end of TNG. Mostly since that episode is making a good chance for being the worst Star Trek Episode ever.

*hacking cough that sounds oddly like "Threshold"*
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • helvetiamatt81helvetiamatt81 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited April 2014

I almost forgot that. You're right! Ronin was his name. This was one of the worst episodes EVER!
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,110 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    In all of Star Trek, who do you think is the worst character if you had to pick one from any series or movie?

The 'Angel' played by Melvin Belli in the TOS episode "And The Children Shall Lead".
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • redsnake721redsnake721 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014

The Name of the episode was Sub Rosa. Google or lookup the wiki article on the Book "The Witching Hour" by Anne Rice. Im suprised she did not sue TNG for outright plagiarism. They even kept some of the names the same.

here is a brief summery of the books story:
    Dr. Rowan Mayfair, a brilliant neurosurgeon who is ignorant of her family history.
    Then is forced into a world of witchcraft and the occult spanning four centuries, we meet a great dynasty of witches, female healers--a family given to poetry and incest, to murder and philosophy, a family who's women over the ages are haunted by a powerful, dangerous and seductive, sexual being.

sound familliar???
  • mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Neelix - annoying, pointless, annoying, irritating, annoying. Did I mention annoying!

The whole Voyager premise could have been a carry on of the darker style of Trek that DS9 introduced, but instead was let down by poor story's (let alone the car crash that was 'Threshold') that continually used cheap quick get outs that just didn't make sense.

By the way Neelix was very annoying!
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • aeonthehermitaeonthehermit Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Neelix not only regularly killed crewmen with "Survival" skills that read more like a "How Not To Survive" pamphlet, He gave the ****ing SHIP food poisoning. I rest my case.

.... To think that I associated with two people who love the little ****. Then again, the last I saw of them was them planning My Little Pony Mary Sue Fanfic. I think I washed my hands of them at the right time.
    STO in a shellnut.
    "I always hope for the best. Experience, unfortunately, has taught me to expect the worst."
    -Elim Garak
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Captain Kurland.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Reginald Barclay.

May he burn in Gre'thor for all eternity.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • nagrom7nagrom7 Member Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Jar Jar binks... oh wait, wrong franchise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harden up Princess
    Looking for an Oceanic fleet? Check out our website:
    www.ausmonauts.com
  • dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    nagrom7 wrote: »
    Jar Jar binks... oh wait, wrong franchise.

Jar Jar Starfleet officer
    edited April 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    At least Lucas was willing to accept that pretty everyone hated Jar Jar.

Whereas Berman and co thought that the fact that Neelix was unpopular meant that we wanted to see more of him. :rolleyes:

i liked jar jar, he was the accidental hero no one could understand or appreciate.. unlike janeway who was a hidden mass murderer and as someone else put a traitor. one thing in jar jars favor is that he tried to be a good person.
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    starswordc wrote: »
    *hacking cough that sounds oddly like "Threshold"*

I said it stood a good chance. I'm not forgetting about Threshold or These Are The Voyages. It is just very high on the worst episode list.
    edited April 2014
    At least Lucas was willing to accept that pretty everyone hated Jar Jar.

Whereas Berman and co thought that the fact that Neelix was unpopular meant that we wanted to see more of him. :rolleyes:

They should have made Neelix for DS9. He could have been Quark's employee that always dreamed of being a Starfleet officer but was stuck as a waiter for the rest of his life working on minimum wage for a Ferengi. That way nobody would have suffered as much.
  • midyin84midyin84 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Janeway... All she did was get lost and get a bunch of her people killed by the borg.. lol

She should have been Dishonorably Discharged for Gross incompetence and charged with manslaughter for each and every crew member that died under her command...

Looks at watch waiting for the feminist to pounce.. :rolleyes:
    edited April 2014
    midyin84 wrote: »
    Janeway... All she did was get lost and get a bunch of her people killed by the borg.. lol

She should have been Dishonorably Discharged for Gross incompetence and charged with manslaughter for each and every crew member that died under her command...

I wonder if the producers made her that way on purpose by saying:" We have had three awesome captains so far so let's make one that is an incompetent Hippocratic killer."
  • midyin84midyin84 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I wonder if the producers made her that way on purpose by saying:" We have had three awesome captains so far so let's make one that is an incompetent Hippocratic killer."

I know, Right?... She is a shining example of every nasty dirty stereotype that every woman in i position of authority has to struggle against..

She petty(as seen at the end of "Prey" when she punishes 7o9 for dissobaying her oders AND SAVING THE SHIP), immature, never accepts advice, refuses to promote officers, Lets her emotions cloud her judgement, stubborn, Breaks the Prime Directive constantly, Treats her crew like children, Puts her ship and crew at risk all the time, and Doesn't even let her first officer do his job..

She's just a b****y know it all child in a captains chair, and her crew pays the price over and over and over again....
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    To be fair, both Threshold and TATV were just too bad for an ordinary 'worst episode' list and belong in the 'insult to the franchise' catergory.
    Agreed, completely. Ugh, still traumatized by the salamander babies...
    midyin84 wrote: »

Janeway was a complete idiot, and a poorly-written stereotype of what a bunch of middle-aged dudes thought a strong female character looks like.

A REAL strong female character is a strong character...who happens to be female. Take Picard, cast Dame Judi Dench in the role, and change the character's name to Jeanne Picard. That is a strong female character, right there.

Mad Kathy was just insane...
  • chrisedallen89chrisedallen89 Member Posts: 17,293 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    My vote is a three way tie between

Kes - Wesley Crusher - and Kai Winn.
    edited April 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Agreed, completely. Ugh, still traumatized by the salamander babies...

Janeway was a complete idiot, and a poorly-written stereotype of what a bunch of middle-aged dudes thought a strong female character looks like.

A REAL strong female character is a strong character...who happens to be female. Take Picard, cast Dame Judi Dench in the role, and change the character's name to Jeanne Picard. That is a strong female character, right there.

Mad Kathy was just insane...

picard wasnt a strong character, if he could allow the likes of Q and Lwaxana Troi to get under his skin so easily then clearly he was just as easily manipulated like anyone other character.

Janeway's sole trait is recklessness, in so in order to get under her skin, attack her ship and she will come through hell to ask what that was about or destroy you trying. Picard is arrogant, insult his honor by taking his command position away and watch him cry like a baby because he really has no power beyond the respect of those on his ship and his reputation. that is hardly what you would call a strong character.
  • marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I would say Admiral Marcus, but I can't decide if that is just a really bad cliche of a character, or shamefully OTT acting by a mediocre journeyman of an actor... So my vote goes for Neelix...
    He was incompetent, frequently exaggerated (or outright lied) about his expertise, and cost crew members their lives with his shenanigans...