test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Magical DEM damage.

2»

Comments

• ridddickxxxridddickxxx Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Except ive seen my hull drop from 100 to 0 with RSP up and shields at full strenght the whole way through.
    And I cant even replicate it by stacking every damage buff I know of with DEM3.

Should also mention I am being fired at by cannon weapons, not BFAW spam.

Elachi weapons have 100% bleedthrough proc, but still dont think cannon can put that off.
    Only BO3 can and will do it.
    But: 2.5% / (100/crtH)
    If my math is right, it is very early in the morning here to be thinking about this :confused:

EDIT: no it is not
    2nhfgxf.jpg
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Mmm, I'm thinking CRF1, APO1, BO2, APA3, DEM3, FOMM (can be applied in TT downtime), Maybe GDF (would certainly help) coupled with bleedthrough and TT doffs (for the AP buff) not forgetting disruptor weapons as have been mentioned. If they used Rommie [Pla] consoles it would make for some pretty nasty hull damage itself...

OR it could have been a team effort from what you've told us... I could imagine a sci in there with things like Scan tractor beam (though the above ship could apply this).

There are just too many things in the game you can stack before DEM is activated to max out it's capabilities, it's plain silly.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • seansamurai1seansamurai1 Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Had it in my sci ship.
    My sci is pretty squishy though.
    However, I was running a fair few buffs for resistance (shields and hull), debuffs on enemy damage that sci does.
    Heading towards the tangle of ships, no worries, blink, dead.
    I kid you not, no shield waver, just pop, through full buffs and AoE debuffs.
    Shields didn't twitch.
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    the added secret is >BO3< with the bo doffs with dem3 and faw with eptw
    But BO would interfere with your ability to FAW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Teamwork...
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Teamwork...

I'll elaborate on what virus said... The BO doff is a debuff so everyone shooting at the target gets the benefit. All a team needs to do is have each person cycle a doffed BO while everyone else uses FAW.
    edited April 2014
    rmy1081 wrote: »
    I'll elaborate on what virus said... The BO doff is a debuff so everyone shooting at the target gets the benefit. All a team needs to do is have each person cycle a doffed BO while everyone else uses FAW.

It's a trip too...run with that Omni-Directional AP Beam Turret for a BO1 with minimal weapon power...you'll get the same benefit from the DOFF as somebody dropping out a BO3 at max weapon power, etc, etc, etc.

Just an example of how there are too many gimmicky procs in the game, imho.

Picture the following:

Torp Rombush...no proc...plink plink.
    Torp Rombush...with proc...boom.

A random proc shouldn't make that much of a difference...
  • ocp001ocp001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Teamwork...

For clarification sake, I have had DEM damage of over 700+ per hit per weapon during repeated 1 on 1s. It isn't a teamwork thing.
    edited April 2014
    It's a trip too...run with that Omni-Directional AP Beam Turret for a BO1 with minimal weapon power...you'll get the same benefit from the DOFF as somebody dropping out a BO3 at max weapon power, etc, etc, etc.

Just an example of how there are too many gimmicky procs in the game, imho.

Picture the following:

Torp Rombush...no proc...plink plink.
    Torp Rombush...with proc...boom.

A random proc shouldn't make that much of a difference...

yeah, that BO doff is on my TRIBBLE Doff List. Having 3 BO doffs is about as random as 3 blue DCE doffs for at least 1 to proc. That's what...80 something percent?
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    edalgo wrote: »
    Magical DEM? Does this mean the Voldemort bug is back?

Na where just currently playing STO Season 8.0 "Doffs run wild 4.0".

Hey more special undine doffs coming soon.... Season 9 "Doffs run wild 5.0".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ah yes, a new batch of doffs to dread too
    edited April 2014
    Na where just currently playing STO Season 8.0 "Doffs run wild 4.0".

Hey more special undine doffs coming soon.... Season 9 "Doffs run wild 5.0".
    ah yes, a new batch of doffs to dread too

Undine Boarding Party DOFF...when triggering BP, there's a 99.9% chance of having an Undine Infiltrator aboard the target ship activate the self-destruct. But it's only a 99.9% chance!
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Undine Boarding Party DOFF...when triggering BP, there's a 99.9% chance of having an Undine Infiltrator aboard the target ship activate the self-destruct. But it's only a 99.9% chance!

It should force the target to play a mini game to defeat the infiltrator. Perhaps something classic like Snake hunt the undines. Who cares it makes as much sense as most everything else in STO. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
    edited April 2014
    It should force the target to play a mini game to defeat the infiltrator. Perhaps something classic like Snake hunt the undines. Who cares it makes as much sense as most everything else in STO. :)

Mini game...perfect...just like the new PvE instance though. You have to go around and question all the crew to find the infiltrator! Yay B'rel! Boo Vo'Quv! ;)
    edited April 2014
    Yay B'rel! Boo Vo'Quv! ;)

lol Just what I was thinking. In a B'rel you could just look around and say "kill that new guy over there!!!" lol