test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why is DILL so under vauled as a fleet resource?

arcadia171earcadia171e Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I have always wanted to know why dill is so under valued in fleet projects?

Dill is one of the most rare and precious resources in the game. Yet the ratio is only 1-1..

I find this shocking tbh. Why is it so low?

It should be 1-3 or even 1-4.

Dunno about you, but my fleet has tons of open projects, with every slot filled except the dill, as it's just not worth contributing it. It is needed for SO many things, and the rubbish fleet credits granted from it puts so many off filling projects.

Any plans to fix this quiet frankly broken game mechanic.?
Post edited by arcadia171e on

Comments

• dragnockdragnock Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I think it should be worth the most out of all the other resources for fleet projects 10-20 might be enough to make people want to donate dilithium.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have to say I totally agree. When fleets are at top level there is precious little opportunity to gain fleet credits. As desperate as I am for them, I can't give all my dilithium away. If the conversion were bumped way up I absolutely would. This would help all size fleets I think.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have always wanted to know why dill is so under valued in fleet projects?

Because the Lobi Consortium hasn't managed to make even a dent in the abundant supply of pickles? :P
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Getting Dilithium is extremely simple in this game. If you are a moderately skilled player you can get your 8k limit in a half an hour. If you have multiple characters you can make a considerable amount. I routinely earn and Refine 20-25k Dilithium per day without even trying hard. Plus you have events like MI that dump 50k on you for very little effort.

Dilithium is the easiest currency to get in this game; as such it really is not worth more then 1-to-1.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Could just list said half hour 8k dil routine for the benefit of everyone, rather than ignoring the majority of posters who cant...
  • ltdata96ltdata96 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Getting Dilithium is extremely simple in this game. If you are a moderately skilled player you can get your 8k limit in a half an hour. If you have multiple characters you can make a considerable amount. I routinely earn and Refine 20-25k Dilithium per day without even trying hard. Plus you have events like MI that dump 50k on you for very little effort.

Dilithium is the easiest currency to get in this game; as such it really is not worth more then 1-to-1.

Have you ever considered some players not having the time to do that for 4+ toons a day? ;)
  • realwildblurealwildblu Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Because the Lobi Consortium hasn't managed to make even a dent in the abundant supply of pickles? :P
    That's what came to my mind as well...
    edited April 2014
    ltdata96 wrote: »
    Have you ever considered some players not having the time to do that for 4+ toons a day? ;)
    If you can make 8k in 30 minutes then you have 8k you can donate to your Fleet. And most people play more then 30 minutes at a time.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014

However it is still restricted by the refine limit, as you mentioned. Not everyone knows the whole dil methods that you know. Also given how much is needed in fleet projects the 1:1 ratio really isn't an incentive to donate given the other sinks.

Common DOFFs are relatively easy to get, on a Rommy character you can get twice the amount from recruitment, yet they have a greater ratio for credits. This is excluding the grind down from higher ones.

I do think they need to increase the ration for dil:credits, however I am not sure what to. It has to be reasonable but not too high.
  • gerudongerudon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Everything is basically underrated in the fleet project. The only way to really get fleet credits are marks in my opinion.
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If you can make 8k in 30 minutes then you have 8k you can donate to your Fleet. And most people play more then 30 minutes at a time.

I'm reasonably skilled at the game (not one of the 1337 types, though). And it takes me longer to make 8000, if that much.

On my "dilithium runs", per character:

Academy Midterm: 480

Duty Officer Assignment "Cycle" (Daily): Between 135-300

Traelus Repair Run: 480

Distress Call: 480

Refueling Station: 480

Aiding The Deferi:1440

Emancipation: 480

Rescuing the Deferi: 480

Explore Strange New Worlds: 1440

Fleet Dil Mine: 580 (ballpark)

Asteroid Mining: Same as above, on average. Don't have Rich Claims from the lockboxes.

That's a "normal" run for a single character on my end. I'm not counting converting marks to dil, since I gave up on the Rep System here recently (I only bother getting marks for the 500 dil per 50) and quit playing most STFs. Nor am I counting CE Elite or Contraband, since those are not every time I play.

I also skip out on Gank Zones, like Ker'rat and Otha.

The point is, that for (at least) some, grinding dil takes a lot longer than half an hour.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If you do 2 stf and turn in marks and processor it can be 5000
    This will take me between 20 and 30 min.

Then you could do foundry for another 2000.

Then academy midterm and fleet dil mine to make up anything lacking.

I can get the 8000 in an hour. So? It is spent easily as well and builds up slowly.

With 3 or 4 to 1 exchange I happily donate a few thousand a day to the fleet.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Veteran status, and the mine will allow you to obtain 9000 a day. Still can't go over that though.

(And I can't use old memes. Sad solace is sad)
  • phoeniciusphoenicius Member Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited April 2014

not everyone has "multiple characters" , the average casual player most likely does 8k in 2 hours(considering how poorly pug STFs are, and how most players also do missions, exploration or simply fly around/etc), and thats being generous.

1-10 or even 1-20 would be excellent.
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014

I totally disagree lol.

So you are saying, that the only thing we can do is to gather dilithium to throw it away to the fleet projects?? lol, i think most of the people will want to save as well dilithium for their own use. I guess you forget dilithium is used to buy fleet equipment, reputation projects and equpiment, ships, etc.

And, yes dilithium is easy to get, but we are talking about near 1 million dilithium requirements in some projects of high fleets. It takes AGES, literally unless yo have a fleet with thousands of members. And it will be always the most hard requirement to fill, because people feels that the reward in fleet credits for the effort and sacrifice that is to throw away all your refined dilithium is not really worthy.

And again, you are one of those who thinks in 2 dimensions. A LOT of players dont have even 1 hour to play evey day. Sigh, always the same story..

So, yes the ratio should be higher. Its common sense.
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Veteran status, and the mine will allow you to obtain 9000 a day. Still can't go over that though.

(And I can't use old memes. Sad solace is sad)

Sure, or you can just buy 5000 zen, and convert it to refined dilithium and donate it to the fleet.

LOL.

And people wonders why the game is dying.. lol.
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Same here. With 8 characters, that's what, 64k dilithium each day that I could make?

It takes stamina and concentration (which is why I use iTunes for PvE grinding), but in the end you will reap the benefits.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
    edited April 2014
    I'm reasonably skilled at the game (not one of the 1337 types, though). And it takes me longer to make 8000, if that much.
    A single ESTF can take less then 5 minutes and earn you over 3,000 Dilithium between reward, Neurals, and converted Marks. There are tons of threads about this on the forum.
  • durenasdurenas Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2014

On my "dilithium runs", per character:

Academy Midterm: 480

Duty Officer Assignment "Cycle" (Daily): Between 135-300

Traelus Repair Run: 480

Distress Call: 480

Refueling Station: 480

Aiding The Deferi:1440

Emancipation: 480

Rescuing the Deferi: 480

Explore Strange New Worlds: 1440

Fleet Dil Mine: 580 (ballpark)

Asteroid Mining: Same as above, on average. Don't have Rich Claims from the lockboxes.

That's a "normal" run for a single character on my end. I'm not counting converting marks to dil, since I gave up on the Rep System here recently (I only bother getting marks for the 500 dil per 50) and quit playing most STFs. Nor am I counting CE Elite or Contraband, since those are not every time I play.

I also skip out on Gank Zones, like Ker'rat and Otha.

The point is, that for (at least) some, grinding dil takes a lot longer than half an hour.

Currently, the fastest and most efficient way to cap out a character's dilithium is to go to the dyson sphere battlezone. There are 4 dailies to do there, which will net you approximately 4k dilithium, either directly or through marks to convert into dilithium. Then by killing the silo bosses(the T-rexes) you can net another 480 +25 marks per T-rex. By defeating all 3, which isn't difficult, you will get approximately 2k dilithium, and 5 voth cybernetic implants, which can be turned in 3 for 1k dilithium.

All told, if you convert all your marks/tokens into dilithium, you can reasonably expect to obtain approximately 12000 dilithium by doing the dailies and a full run of killing dinos.

For me, being rep capped as I am, I can get 8k per character in approximately 40 minutes. I usually have quite a bit of overflow as well, so every 2 days, I can take a day off of battlezone and have enough to cap again.
    edited April 2014
    So you are saying, that the only thing we can do is to gather dilithium to throw it away to the fleet projects??
    No. I am saying that if each person in the Fleet gives 1 day's worth of Dilithium per week that your Fleet projects can get done very quickly. 10 players: 80k per week. 50 players: 400k per week. 100 players, well, you get the idea.

Things do not get done by wishing they would get done. There is far too much wishing on this forum and not enough actual doing. It grows tiring listening to people scream for immediate gratification when with even a minor amount of effort things can get done fairly quickly.
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    A single ESTF can take less then 5 minutes and earn you over 3,000 Dilithium between reward, Neurals, and converted Marks. There are tons of threads about this on the forum.

Yet not everyone does STFs Cosmic. Some won't go near them as they don't have the confidence, and regardless of what others do, they don't want to make the run a balls up for others. That means that particular route is out for them.

For those I would say do the Voth ground battle zone you get dil and marks thrown at you there plus cybernetics that converts 3:1000dil.

Even with that some prefer to conserve their dil, not everyone is as good a farmer as you. What is wrong with increasing the dil:credit ratio?
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If dil was more than 1:1 I'd probably give a whole lot more to my fleet projects.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I think the real problem here is that fleet marks are much more over valeud vs Dil. Fleet marks are easy to get (even a level 6 can que for a starbase defence so even your guilds lowbies and low level alts can farm them) and have no other purpose save for fleet projects. thus there's literally no need to save them. you get em you toss em in. these really should be the low level "basic" that make up the foundation. not the most lucretive in terms of fleet credits.

Dilithium meanwhile, has a hard refinement cap, and is used for almost EVERYTHING end game. People are going to be inclined to hoard it. as such it should proably be waaaay more valueable
  • engelenhartengelenhart Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If you do 2 stf and turn in marks and processor it can be 5000
    This will take me between 20 and 30 min.

Enjoy it while you can because it will be taken away in season 9.
  • redsnake721redsnake721 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Dude get real. 8k is a few STF's Foundry Daily, Defera Daily, Exploration daily, if you have preferred mining claims you can do the astroid and you Dil mine daily. Then do your 3 PVP battles. So you are looking at 2 or more hours of play to do all of that each day. If you can get 8k in 30 min please share.
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ltdata96 wrote: »

Sucks to be them? -shrug-
    edited April 2014
    decronia wrote: »
    Yet not everyone does STFs Cosmic. Some won't go near them as they don't have the confidence, and regardless of what others do, they don't want to make the run a balls up for others. That means that particular route is out for them.
    The fact that you can make it has no bearing on whether or not someone is willing to do it. It is possible to make tons of Dilithium in this game in a very short time. It is up to the player to decide to do it or not.

If someone wants to login and sit on their bridge making grand speeches for 2 hours a day and then log out, they are not going to make any Dilthium, but that does not mean that Dilithium is not in the game. :)
    edited April 2014
    Dude get real. 8k is a few STF's Foundry Daily, Defera Daily, Exploration daily, if you have preferred mining claims you can do the astroid and you Dil mine daily. Then do your 3 PVP battles. So you are looking at 2 or more hours of play to do all of that each day. If you can get 8k in 30 min please share.
    Dude, LTP! :)
  • philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited April 2014

"A gherkin a day keeps the doctor away."
    (the originally seems to've been slanted heavily in favor of a certain sweet fruit)
  • nesomumi2nesomumi2 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    cbrjwrr wrote: »
    Could just list said half hour 8k dil routine for the benefit of everyone, rather than ignoring the majority of posters who cant...

well, if they can't, they should learn ,and not ask for freebies.

3 elite stf's will give you 8k in 30 min. with time to spare, i do them in 15m, depending how good team i have. battlezone will give you 8k dili. in 20 min. you just need to find a zone that is active, so dont start in the zone you spawn, but look at other instances.

but sure, i would not mind for dilitium do give more credits.