test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

100% support drone boff

ovinspaceovinspace Member Posts: 310
Fabrication engineer clearly not providing 100% chance of extra drones - 'Honrethir'
Post edited by ovinspace on

Comments

• Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Wiki says 20%. Obviously it's older information, but which is correct? Is it 20% and the 100% text in-game is a bug, or is it supposed to be 100% and the wiki needs to be updated?

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Specialization:_Fabrication_Engineer

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    ovinspaceovinspace Member Posts: 310
    edited March 2014
    I would think 20% is correct
  • Options
    nlindgren57nlindgren57 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If it is supposed to be 20%, can we update the in game info to say that please?
  • Options
    mscowboymscowboy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm not so sure, 20% would make sense for a theoretical seeker drone doff, but support drones have a really high cooldown to just get a 20% chance. 100% also seems high, but I could see a case for either one being intended.
  • Options
    stormturmoilstormturmoil Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    slightly confusing here, because it's a 2 stage process here, due to the fact that purples give two bonus drones

what happens is, you have a 20% base chance of getting a bonus drone proc.
    If that bonus drone procs, you then have a 100% chance of getting another bonus drone.

So, if the bonus procs, you always get two bonus drones with the doff equipped. If it does not, you get none.

Sounds clumsy, but initially, I think it was intended that you not always get two bonus drones, but they changed it to an either/or setup.

so the proper chance should be 20%