Install Arc
Options

Is the Mogh Getting Shafter?

2»

Comments

• Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Just wanted to say, I remember the thread where your sig came from. It STILL has me laughing whenever I see it/remember it.
    hehehe...it had me laughing when i first saw it, too; that why i put it in my sig

don't know how much longer i'm going to keep it, though, since i want to put in an image of my fed/kdf/rom mains as soon as i can get it put together, and that silly sig size limit just will not let me have both
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yes and no. The Tor'kaht is actually geared far more towards cannons than the Mogh. Reason? Tor'kaht comes with the LtCmdr Tac and Lt Tac, with a Cmdr Engi and Lt Engi, which doesn't allow you to cycle EPtW as reliably/effectively. However, it will allow you to use cannon buffs regularly and nastily.

The Mogh's Universal Lt. can be set to Tac and gain an extra CSV/CRF with no trouble, unlike the Tor'Kaht's Universal Lt. which needs to be set to Sci unless you like plasma burn and lllooonnnggg cooldowns when fighting Borg and Voth, respectively. The only major downside with cannons on the Mogh is that a full cannon build with no torps or beams you end up with a pretty much wasted Ensign Tac, but the 5 forward cannons should more than make up for having just an extra BOff Trait slot.
  • Options
    majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    tom61sto wrote: »
    The only major downside with cannons on the Mogh is that a full cannon build with no torps or beams you end up with a pretty much wasted Ensign Tac, but the 5 forward cannons should more than make up for having just an extra BOff Trait slot.

I wouldn't call it wasted, dual tactical team is very effective for keeping shield arc's up while in combat. Means you can also free up a engineering slots (as you won't need to run reverse shield polarity. ;)
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • Options
    twamtwam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I wouldn't call it wasted, dual tactical team is very effective for keeping shield arc's up while in combat. Means you can also free up a engineering slots (as you won't need to run reverse shield polarity. ;)

I think he meant using the uni lt as tac too, so you can run 2 cannon skills and 2 attack patterns. That way you have 3 tac ensigns, not just two.
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I found out that a Mogh with 4Dhcs, 1 grav torp, 2 turrets + Ap turret beam, the Ap boost warp core, and the lt universal set to tactical, makes a very deadly PVE boat.

Slap fleet neutroniums on it, and you wont have trouble keeping the target in sight.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    captfabulouscaptfabulous Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    What's a good ship set for a fleet Mogh?
  • Options
    oracion666oracion666 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Mogh is best ship

Obtain Mogh

love Mogh

be Mogh
    Mogh is good.
    Get Mogh.
    Get Fleet Mogh.
    Destroy all that oppose the Mogh, with your Mogh.

Mogh is love,
    Mogh is life.
    Formerly known as Echo@Rivyn13
    Member since early 2011

• Options
    mm06360mm06360 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    While the Mogh looks good (I have a avenger and love it) I dunno if I want to get that ot the Borta for my Orion I am dusting off and playing- FOR THE EMPIRE!

Really hard to say, because both are nice.
  • Options
    jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    oracion666 wrote: »
    Mogh is love,
    Mogh is life.

I am First Jmaster29, and I am Moghless. As of this moment, we are all Moghless. We go into battle to reclaim our Moghs. This we do gladly, for we love our Moghs. Remember, Mogh is life.

Mogh is life!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Mogh is OP, Plz Nerf. :D

Cheers,

Nerf is OP, Plz Nerf, :D

Cheers,

And now so have to name a Mogh 'Nerf'

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.