test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet Galaxy Dreadnought Announcement Imminent? (Announced)

Comments

• noctusxxxnoctusxxx Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    After loving this ship, then seeing it Nerfed into complete uselessness, there are so many things that need to be fixed it is unlikely they will ever earn my respect for ANY changes they make to it.

Anything that doesn't restore it to its original stats, massively lowers the lances miss chance, returns the cloaking device to a built in item and not a console, is just an insult to those of us who purchased the ship the day it came out 3 years ago.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2014
    I'm on the edge of my seat and I hate the bloody Galaxy and Gal-X :D.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Well, they didn't bother keeping this one a surprise. Something related to the Galaxy Dreadnought is about to be announced, for sure.
  • altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    :: sounds trumpets ::

It's here! Galaxy Reboot! http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/star-trek-online/detail/3035243

Hangar bays!

Universal Ensign Boff Slots!

Fleet Galaxy!

Anti-matter spread and Saucer Separation synergy console set!

Galaxy Bundle!
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    A reboot. Looks interesting.
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited February 2014

It's here! Galaxy Reboot! http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/star-trek-online/detail/3035243

Hangar BayHangar BayHangar BayHangar BayHangar BayHangar Bay wooooooooooot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • coffeemikecoffeemike Member Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    WHAT... WHAT! It runs a hanger now!!!!????!?!?!
  • rrincyrrincy Member Posts: 1,023
    edited February 2014
    The dreadnought only , has a single hanger for some reason
    12th Fleet
    Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
    U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
  • mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Hangar bays!

Universal Ensign Boff Slots!

Fleet Galaxy!

Anti-matter spread and Saucer Separation synergy console set!

Galaxy Bundle!

.......and it does NOTHING to help what the problems actually were LOL!!!!!

The normal galaxy retrofit is still garbage it seems and and the 3 engi slots were not changed on it
  • killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Jesus, this ship just got a whole lot more desirable.

The hangar is kind of wtfish, wish that would've gone to the galaxy or constellation, but this does indeed bring it up to par with the scim, or at least, as up to par as it should be. Though really, that should be the oddy's job.

I also like that the saucer has cannons and a lance of its own. That's nifty.

Logically, I dislike it, but as it's full of toys, I WANT IT

Still needs a lance buff though.
    edited February 2014
    Eh... I wanna see the Fleet Galaxy-X first before I decide. I doubt that its the same as this ship if it's going to require a special dev blog next week.

GIVE US THE ABILITY TO USE THE REGULAR GALAXY SKIN IN THE FLEET GALAXY X!!!!

Sorry I've been keeping this to myself for 4 years...
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    What I like about it is that they D'Deridex'd it: the Tier 4 and Tier 5 Galaxy has consoles that grant bonuses to it. Particularly in turns. Imagine that on the Dreadnought Cruiser: Separate, lay down the spread to confuse people, then WALLOP!
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    coffeemike wrote: »
    Eh... I wanna see the Fleet Galaxy-X first before I decide. I doubt that its the same as this ship if it's going to require a special dev blog next week.

GIVE US THE ABILITY TO USE THE REGULAR GALAXY SKIN IN THE FLEET GALAXY X!!!!

Sorry I've been keeping this to myself for 4 years...

Wouldn't work, PvPers would be upset that all the sudden this galaxy with no cannons on the saucer or lance sudden lanced them.
    edited February 2014
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Wouldn't work, PvPers would be upset that all the sudden this galaxy with no cannons on the saucer or lance sudden lanced them.

They can go eat space dust after being destroyed then... :D
    edited February 2014

pvpers? upset? about something trivial like a graphics effect that the other 99% of the playerbase wants?

Sir, I think you may be in the wrong game's forums.
    edited February 2014
    Think I might purchase the Refit sooner or later...could be fun.
  • ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Guys, excuse me. Just need to nip out and buy another box of Kleenex. :D
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Looks like I was wrong about the cost of the Fleet Galaxy X and I'm happy about that ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captaindatoncaptaindaton Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So.... no Lt. Cmdr. Tactical? :( Not even a Lt. Cmdr. Science? Who ever raised their hand and asked for a universal Ensign Seat?

I mean, i'll take the Fleet Version for a Fleet Module, that's kinda okay, but... that's it? A useless Hangar, a meh Setbonus for two meh consoles and a NERF to the already weak Lance while seperated? Where are the two lacking Cruiser Commands? Where's the buffed Turn Rate? Where's the Lance Accuracy Fix?

I would have been happy with at least a second Lt. Tactical... well at least some of it is free. I guess. I didn't expect a lot and i'm still disappointed.
    edited February 2014
    pvpers? upset? about something trivial like a graphics effect that the other 99% of the playerbase wants?

Sir, I think you may be in the wrong game's forums.

I thought 87.526837% of the player base didn't like the Galaxy class in general? (See I can make up numbers too!)

Really isn't a trivial when it makes it look like a different ship...
  • sle1989sle1989 Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It would be cool if in the ESD Shipyard tehy swapped the places of the Avenger and the Galaxy that's in there and made the Galaxy the Galaxy Dreadnaught
    y1arXbh.png

edited February 2014
    sle1989 wrote: »
    It would be cool if in the ESD Shipyard tehy swapped the places of the Avenger and the Galaxy that's in there and made the Galaxy the Galaxy Dreadnaught

this and i hope they^^^^^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
    edited February 2014
    I thought 87.526837% of the player base didn't like the Galaxy class in general? (See I can make up numbers too!)

Really isn't a trivial when it makes it look like a different ship...

1) There actually is a dev quote floating around somewhere about eliminating pvp not even costing sto 1% of its playerbase or something like that. Someone's using it as their sig.

2) Holo emitters, cloaks, and disable-able set visuals all already exist and perform in a similar capacity, none of which are much of a problem.

Thanks for playing.
    edited February 2014
    Well guys, I'm so pleased I started this thread, seems for once I called something right. However we need to see ship stats to be sure, so many questions, especially regarding the power, CD and ACC of the Lance, Also what's this Galaxy bridge? Is that the Justice pack we already have or are they releasing a proper Galaxy bridge?

Very exciting news and going to thank the team for listening to us, but saying that with a note of caution until full details are disclosed.

maybe they doing the galaxy x bride if i do recall right it was slightly different from the original
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • sle1989sle1989 Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    All the pictures are taken at Utopia Planitia. I wonder if this is a hint or just for aesthetics?

I mean, The Enterprise-D was built at Utopia Planitia
    y1arXbh.png

• snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Also what's this Galaxy bridge? Is that the Justice pack we already have or are they releasing a proper Galaxy bridge?

Isn't there a Galaxy bridge pack? I think that's what they're referrring to. I could be wrong.
    Where are the two lacking Cruiser Commands?

On the actual Galaxy Cruiser, where they belong.
    Where's the buffed Turn Rate? Where's the Lance Accuracy Fix?

On the new set bonus. Turn rate improved by 1. That's pretty huge. Combine that with the changes made to RCS consoles and the Dread when rocking its set bonus should be quite agile, for a big honking dreadnaught.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2014
    1) There actually is a dev quote floating around somewhere about eliminating pvp not even costing sto 1% of its playerbase or something like that. Someone's using it as their sig.

2) Holo emitters, cloaks, and disable-able set visuals all already exist and perform in a similar capacity, none of which are much of a problem.

Thanks for playing.

So...just because 99% of people don't pvp doesn't mean 99% of people are for this change like they claimed.

Except Holo Emitters are the only thing that actually makes a noticeable change. How often to people even use those in pvp? Heck I don't even see them in the 99% played pve.
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So...just because 99% of people don't pvp doesn't mean 99% of people are for this change like they claimed.

Except Holo Emitters are the only thing that actually makes a noticeable change. How often to people even use those in pvp? Heck I don't even see them in the 99% played pve.

I'm not convinced a Galaxy without a third nacelle firing a lance is really an issue.

I mean if a Galaxy without a third nacelle DECLOAKED off your port, there's a pretty good chance even if you can't see the lance, you know it's there right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2014
    So.... no Lt. Cmdr. Tactical? :( Not even a Lt. Cmdr. Science? Who ever raised their hand and asked for a universal Ensign Seat?

I mean, i'll take the Fleet Version for a Fleet Module, that's kinda okay, but... that's it? A useless Hangar, a meh Setbonus for two meh consoles and a NERF to the already weak Lance while seperated? Where are the two lacking Cruiser Commands? Where's the buffed Turn Rate? Where's the Lance Accuracy Fix?

I would have been happy with at least a second Lt. Tactical... well at least some of it is free. I guess. I didn't expect a lot and i'm still disappointed.

Perhaps maybe they confused it with the Galaxy? People would ask if nothing else that the Galaxy Retrofit get a Uni Ensign.

What is there to be disappointed about, got some nice additions and if you didn't like it before than you can just go on like nothing happened.
This discussion has been closed.