test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Any beam pistols that can exploit?

ericsonxxericsonxx Member Posts: 253 Arc User
Not compression, where its a single pulse ala the new ST movies, I mean a weapon that fires a beam normally and as its exploit attack, kinda like the Voth AP Sniper rifle.
Post edited by ericsonxx on

Comments

• doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Jem'hadar Pistol is an HD rifle in pistol form, beam attack with exploit altfire. You can get it from the Second Wave mission. Bajoran Phaser Pistol is a split-beam rifle in pistol form, also with exploit altfire. It comes in the DS9 pack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Romulans do have access to split beam plasma pistols.
  • ericsonxxericsonxx Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    And if you're not romulan you're SOL?
  • defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ericsonxx wrote: »
    And if you're not romulan you're SOL?

Run the mission Second Wave, you can get a Jem'Hadar Beam Pistol as one of the reward options. It is a beam weapon with an exploit beam secondary similar to high density beam rifles as doffingcomrade said above. :)
    Not compression, where its a single pulse ala the new ST movies, I mean a weapon that fires a beam normally and as its exploit attack, kinda like the Voth AP Sniper rifle.

Perhaps they are saving that feature for WoK Phasers or Varon-T Disruptors?
  • lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Nah, Varon-T Disruptors were banned for being horribly cruel and painful, but more importantly only five were ever built and the plans for them probably don't exist any more, so some fanatic would have to reverse-engineer one of the four that the Federation government is keeping under lock and key after confiscating them from Fajo--if they didn't destroy them in the forty years since then.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Don't think that's going to stop an opportunistic Ferengi or an Orion Syndicate agent. :P
  • saxfiresaxfire Member Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Doesn't Compression pistol exploit? I'm fairly sure it does, but not enough to not leave the question mark hidden.
    Say the word, it saves the world.
    CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
    Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    saxfire wrote: »
    Doesn't Compression pistol exploit? I'm fairly sure it does, but not enough to not leave the question mark hidden.

They do.

Hurts like hell if a tac uses it on a full buff.

CrtDx3 is NOT your friend when that happens. :D
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • stormturmoilstormturmoil Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You can get the romulan split beam pistols and other types (repeater etc) though the dyson sphere store and dyson sphere dilithium store in Dyson Joint command. I don't know if the Dilithium items show up before you've been there, but try under plasma weapons in the dilithium store tab and they may be there.
    Romulan type rifles and so on are also there.
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    All the D-Store stuff shows up anywhere, even in the stock D-Store, for everyone, Romulan or not. I was not, however, willing to drop a ton of minerals on a mere handgun, so I have no idea if those fit the visual criteria demanded.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited January 2014
    mimey2 wrote: »
    They do.

Hurts like hell if a tac uses it on a full buff.

CrtDx3 is NOT your friend when that happens. :D

so true

reman sci character :D
    [Combat (Self)] Your Compression Bolt Setting deals 1452 (879) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Romulan Analyst.

The Romulan plasma split-beam pistol's secondary fire is an expose attack but still pretty fun especially if you took the bonus to plasma weapon damage trait.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Pretty sure the Bajoran Pistol from the DS9 bundle's exploit too. That's confused me many times over the years when I forgot ;-)
  • ericsonxxericsonxx Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well, I think Im a ways away from doing those Dominion missions, but thanks for the heads up. I didn't wanna use a compression pistol, I just wanted to use a classic beam pistol is kinda my point. Thanks for the info though.
  • badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Like other posters have said, Bajoran Phaser pistol is your firend. It Exploits with its' secondary. And it looks cool. Handy on boffs if you're too lazy to give them White or green gear.

The DS9 set is a great investment, imho.
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The DS9 set is a great investment, imho.

I'd argue it was the best purchase I ever made for this game.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • anshraanshra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    mimey2 wrote: »
    I'd argue it was the best purchase I ever made for this game.

It was the best purchase I ever made for this game. Purely for the Defiant Interior, which is STILL the best one, by MILES.
    - Into the jaws of hell.
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    anshra wrote: »
    It was the best purchase I ever made for this game. Purely for the Defiant Interior, which is STILL the best one, by MILES.

Could not agree more.

And my Gorn looks pure awesome in the Vedek robes......or she would, if anything except the uniform reserved costume slot worked on any of my Klingons.....grrrr.......