test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How to PM (Forums)

bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2023 in The Academy
This is not really an in-game topic, but relates to the current STO forums.

If you need to send a PM to another forum user, you can't simply click on their profile link next to their post. That will take you to Core Connect, which is currently unused by STO players because it's not fully implemented for STO yet.

To PM me or another forum user, just copy their username and go into the User CP link near the top of the forums.

That puts you into the forum control panel for your user account. Under private messages, click "Send New Message", put in the username of the person you want to contact and send your message. The Recipient Username(s) field has autocompletion and will show you the member names that match what you're entering.

There are additional options you can select for each message, including saving it to your sent items folder and showing your signature.

Just a reminder, PM's are no excuse for violating forum rules... forum rules apply there, too.

If you get a PM that violates forum rules, you can either ignore it and delete it, or report it. DON'T REPLY TO IT. Community Mods can't moderate PM's, so you'll have to contact PWE Customer Support or the Community Manager to report a problem.

There is a limit to how many messages can be stored in your message folders. There is one folder for received messages and one for sent messages. If you PM a lot, it's a good idea to click the "Empty Folder" link occasionally.

If you want to save some of those messages, you'll have to either select the messages you want to delete manually, or delete the messages one-by-one. By and large, it's probably easier and more efficient to just whack them.
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• pwetacodeathpwetacodeath Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hey BlueGeek,

Nice post, very informative.
    However, due to the high volume of threads that tend to get created in this section of the Forums, do you think you could "Sticky" this one?

It would be of great use to the community, both current and future new members (players).
    Would hate for this to get buried and forgotten.
    I am not a Mod. I am just a player. You have been informed :cool:
  • sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Is it possible to track my posts so I can pull up any responses I may have missed to other threads I moved on from?
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    sonnikku wrote: »
    Is it possible to track my posts so I can pull up any responses I may have missed to other threads I moved on from?

You can choose to subscribe to any thread you post in. That will send you a notification of any new responses. Look in the "Additional Options" section of the reply. You can unsubscribe at any time. I believe the notifications tell you how. You can also unsubscribe from your "User CP" (see the link at the top of the forums).

You can search for your own posts in Advanced Search. Plug in your own forum name as the user to search for, filter on posts newer than a month, and choose to show every post that matches.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Excellent post so thank you for the answer, something I have wondered for a while. Question tho, wouldn't it just be smarter adding a "Send message" button like most other forums have these days??

And just on a side note tangent, when are we getting rid of the badly done white border around the forum buttons?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • fungamebuy#6352 fungamebuy Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited November 2023
    If you have problems with the game
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,248 Community Moderator
    This is outdated and incorrect information now.

necro /thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.