test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Elachi Lock Box Available

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited August 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Read more about the new Elachi Lock Box in this Dev Blog and in the new FAQ. Also, purchase a Master Key from the in-game C-Store today to unlock one and claim its contents.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    fashthemighty1fashthemighty1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Am i the only one having trouble patching? It gets to 57.0% and stops patching..........
  • Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Patching is very slow for me as well, stuck at 30% now for 5mins. :confused:

Looking forward to checking out the new stuff though. :)
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Patching is very slow for me as well, stuck at 30% now for 5mins. :confused:

Looking forward to checking out the new stuff though. :)

I blame the Iconians...............
  • Options
    monkeymtv123monkeymtv123 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yep same here stuck at a certain percentage, getting like 100KB a second which is extremely slow, is it due to many people patching at the same time? This mainly seems to happen when a new patch comes out, which makes sense really. Ah well, hopefully won't be long :)
    edited August 2013
    Yep same here stuck at a certain percentage, getting like 100KB a second which is extremely slow, is it due to many people patching at the same time? This mainly seems to happen when a new patch comes out, which makes sense

Normally mine patches in seconds everytime.........
  • Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've never really had the patching this slow before, but I'll get there. Now up to 51%. :D
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    yeah, mine is patching faster aswell....
  • Options
    boweninugamiboweninugami Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ditto. This is becoming most annoying.
  • Options
    theneckercubetheneckercube Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Someone post weapon stats!
  • Options
    drliriodrlirio Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Great!!! almost all comments are about slow patching... it seems we just really don't care about lockboxes, lobi, the elachi, iconians, or anything that's been brought out since LoR.

Take note Cryptic and PWE... we are not chinese, we don't want more asian MMOs features, we don't want more ships, reps, fleet holdings, doffs, traits, boffs,... we want real ENDGAME content, we want a balanced PvP and we don't want more grind or "adventure zones" (grind zones for friends). Get the list of PvE and PVP queues to twice their size, get rid of all the "fill the sliders" and timers ingame, make reputation account bound and revamp the fleet system entirely so small fleets can actually get some advancement done,... and we will all be happy and tell everyone we know to come and play STO. Keep this chinese model... and we won't spend real money or we will quit playing. Of course this is no menace... just a friendly warning of what's happening and why people is not spending money/logging to the game as much as a few months ago.

You better react Cryptic, or STO will be shut down faster than anyone could imagine, you have completely crushed the original community this game had (a community that payed a monthly fee to play) and now you're pushing away the new community trying to milk them with lockboxes and the like... sorry it won't work. Stop the grind, the pay to win concept does not work if you force people to pay too many times... and you have more than abused the system already.
  • Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    drlirio wrote: »
    Great!!! almost all comments are about slow patching... it seems we just really don't care about lockboxes, lobi, the elachi, iconians, or anything that's been brought out since LoR.

Take note Cryptic and PWE... we are not chinese, we don't want more asian MMOs features, we don't want more ships, reps, fleet holdings, doffs, traits, boffs,... we want real ENDGAME content, we want a balanced PvP and we don't want more grind or "adventure zones" (grind zones for friends). Get the list of PvE and PVP queues to twice their size, get rid of all the "fill the sliders" and timers ingame, make reputation account bound and revamp the fleet system entirely so small fleets can actually get some advancement done,... and we will all be happy and tell everyone we know to come and play STO. Keep this chinese model... and we won't spend real money or we will quit playing. Of course this is no menace... just a friendly warning of what's happening and why people is not spending money/logging to the game as much as a few months ago.

You better react Cryptic, or STO will be shut down faster than anyone could imagine, you have completely crushed the original community this game had (a community that payed a monthly fee to play) and now you're pushing away the new community trying to milk them with lockboxes and the like... sorry it won't work. Stop the grind, the pay to win concept does not work if you force people to pay too many times... and you have more than abused the system already.

I would like to thank you personally for representing the entire playerbase with this comment. And I would also like to personally ask you to go find a black hole and jump in. Thank you and good night.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I'm half Chinese what are you talking about, and since this is not China, who elected you as the voice of the community . :P
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    airtran9906airtran9906 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013

First off you don't speak for "us" as a community. I rather like what they are doing. Of course having a job makes it easy to pay for things. I've already spent a bit of money on this game. Most likely more than you.

No one cares about your threats they mean nothing.

Grind? You don't know what a grind is. I played Ace Online back in 09 and was at a point that it would take 4 months for me to tack on a level with people grinding my account 24/7. You have no idea what a grind is. This game by far has the easiest grind I have ever done. I was up to lv 50 in 4 days. It was too easy.

Don't like the game don't play. Oh and one more thing don't let the door hit you on the way out.
  • Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    First off you don't speak for "us" as a community. I rather like what they are doing. Of course having a job makes it easy to pay for things. I've already spent a bit of money on this game. Most likely more than you.

Grind? You don't know what a grind is. I played Ace Online back in 09 and was at a point that it would take 4 months for me to tack on a level with people grinding my account 24/7. You have no idea what a grind is. This game by far has the easiest grind I have ever done. I was up to lv 50 in 4 days. It was too easy.

Don't like the game don't play. Oh and one more thing don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Battlestar Galactica Online. Pure grind. And yeah, I am never fond of people who speak for the whole community. Never in good taste.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    allarian210allarian210 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    One of the files for the patch to enable this keeps stalling on updating, also it was a slow update up until that file. It did finally update however.
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    For me, this is one of the best Boxes so far.

Maybe someone can answer me a question: My Fed has all the Lobi and I want to buy the new space gear from the Lobi Store for my Romulan. Are the items in a box when I buy them, so I can send them over to my Romulan?

Thanks for help
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Yeah really.... if you think rep grinds are hard, you should try grinding to get a Zod Rune in Diablo 2. MWHAAHAH!!!!!! Yeah, THOSE were expensive. I don't even know how many thousand lesser runes were required to make one... *reads wiki* it would take over 14 TRILLION of the lowest teir rune to make one Zod Rune.

NOTHING in STO is even close to that tedious.....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    bhthephoenixbhthephoenix Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am almost certain that it was a bad idea to have the patch time and giveaway times to coincide as it has been problematic everyday around giveaway time (changing characters).

Personally I do not care about the lock boxes as I have no desire to fly around in an alien ship. The only reason I invest in Tal Shiar lockboxes was for the duty officers and I need 4 more command codes.
  • Options
    drliriodrlirio Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I would like to answer to some, won't quote as i don't think it's needed here and would make this post even longer.

Can anybody point to me where did i say grind was hard???? IT'S BORING AND NOT FUN.

I believe i also said there was no menace intended, just a friendly warning... didn't i? Did i lie when i said almost all previous post were not about the new lockbox? Be serious. I did not threat in any way, at least that was not my intention, i WARNED about what i see/feel when playing and talking to other players, and suggested SOLUTIONS, something most people here don't.

Who said i don't have a job? Are you sure you have spent more money than me on this game? I've been LTS since the game's closed beta and i had very few things left to buy on c-store when F2P arrived (with real money), and kept spending after F2P... i've spent a fair amount of cash here.

Are more people playing now than 3-4 months ago? Are they spending money? 90% of the people i meet in the game are completely F2P (never spend real money) or LTS. How many monthly subscribers the game has? Why don't they tell us?

Do you really want cryptic to keep pumping out lockboxes, rep systems, fleet holdings and the like without adding more endgame content? And this is an MMO, endgame content should be SOCIAL content, something to be done with other people. More team missions. I'm tired of getting always new better gear to do the same old missions, which are being tweaked constantly to keep a challenge because of the new gear. It's a boring grind to get better gear to keep doing the same (or very similar) boring grind... faster? no, because you have timers. What's wrong with being tired of that? Am i really the only one here who thinks that way?. Notice i never say hard grind, i say boring and repetitive and a bit of a nonsense if the only thing you can do with that better gear is repeat the grind faster. For that to work the grind should be done with many very fun and challenging different team missions, not exactly what we have now, IMHO.

I don't speak for the community, and neither would like to. But i've been here long enough to say that most of the people that bought and played the game at the beginning are not here, only a few of those are. I've seen this forum go in flames many times, with "i quit", "i want a refund" and "game's doomed" threads all around and personally i don't want this game to disappear, i want to see it grow and be fun. If you think this is just a rage against Cryptic from someone without the money to get the new items... you are wrong. I get anything i want, i have time & money to do it, no problem there at all.

I just want the game to be fun so i have a reason to log in. Getting better gear is no reason for me if i can't do anything new with that gear, that's the whole point of my previous post. I don't have fun in having the best gear, i have fun in playing the game... if the game is all boring grind then i don't have fun and i quit. I pay to have fun, i get paid for work obligations, and i really believe most people that put real money in the game have a similar way of thinking.

No offense was intended to chinese/asian people in my previous post, but there are significant differences in the MMO game industry if you compare the western and asian markets. Games are different, and the asian model is what i don't like, not the people. Most asian MMOs are pure grind, player skill does not count at all, only daily time logged in... that's what i don't want.

And back to the thread topic... only one comment asking about wep stats and a general lobi question is all there is in this thread about the new lockbox. My previous post has produced more posts than the new lockbox... but hey, Cryptic's fanboys had to do their job. Maybe i was not so wrong. Now, how was that joke about the blackhole...?
  • Options
    ames1ames1 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I would say grinding is inevitable in a game like this. I also notice that Cryptic is actually pretty good about it in that they provide these special events to help us speed up the grinding.

The crystal entity revamp event gave us a good sizable chunk of fleet marks. You can also get them pretty easily by using your fleet base commendations doff missions (provided that you keep up with doing the regular doff missions consistently). The Epohh raising doff missions during the winter event gave me enough romy marks for all 5 tiers of reputation and some of the romy gears. Now I am working on the bird raising doff missions in the summer event to get enough Nukara marks for the 5 tiers. I started that one late so I probably won't have enough for all 5 tiers but it will definitely get me much closer.

Although I do find new reputation systems are being introduced too fast. It really takes time to get thru 5 tiers even with the special events. I wish they focus more on the actual game content. I don't mind having a heathy set of new themed lock box with the new ships and rewards. They got to make their money somehow. I think having more than 1 reputation system per year is way too much. They have got to give people more time in between to actually enjoy the game. When they introduce a new reputation, I feel like I am pressured into grinding it right away and that takes away normal game time where I could use for playing thru the new storyline missions. It is a delicate balance and one I think there is room for Cryptic to improve.
  • Options
    starblade7starblade7 Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Someone post weapon stats!

The Universal Console - Subspace Integration Circuit looks to be the new PvP "I win" button. When hit by it, you're disabled, blind, and immobilised - and then hit for some heavy damage when the rupture collapses.
    Forget the possibility of PvP, for so much has become pay-to-win, never to be balanced. Forget the promise of exploration and research, for in the grim dark future of Star Trek Online there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting publishers.
  • Options
    anielkrumenackeranielkrumenacker Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have done so many of these lock boxes and ive got jack........
  • Options
    ehlimehlim Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I would like to answer to some, won't quote as i don't think it's needed here and would make this post even longer.

Can anybody point to me where did i say grind was hard???? IT'S BORING AND NOT FUN.

I believe i also said there was no menace intended, just a friendly warning... didn't i? Did i lie when i said almost all previous post were not about the new lockbox? Be serious. I did not threat in any way, at least that was not my intention, i WARNED about what i see/feel when playing and talking to other players, and suggested SOLUTIONS, something most people here don't.

Who said i don't have a job? Are you sure you have spent more money than me on this game? I've been LTS since the game's closed beta and i had very few things left to buy on c-store when F2P arrived (with real money), and kept spending after F2P... i've spent a fair amount of cash here.

Are more people playing now than 3-4 months ago? Are they spending money? 90% of the people i meet in the game are completely F2P (never spend real money) or LTS. How many monthly subscribers the game has? Why don't they tell us?

Do you really want cryptic to keep pumping out lockboxes, rep systems, fleet holdings and the like without adding more endgame content? And this is an MMO, endgame content should be SOCIAL content, something to be done with other people. More team missions. I'm tired of getting always new better gear to do the same old missions, which are being tweaked constantly to keep a challenge because of the new gear. It's a boring grind to get better gear to keep doing the same (or very similar) boring grind... faster? no, because you have timers. What's wrong with being tired of that? Am i really the only one here who thinks that way?. Notice i never say hard grind, i say boring and repetitive and a bit of a nonsense if the only thing you can do with that better gear is repeat the grind faster. For that to work the grind should be done with many very fun and challenging different team missions, not exactly what we have now, IMHO.

I don't speak for the community, and neither would like to. But i've been here long enough to say that most of the people that bought and played the game at the beginning are not here, only a few of those are. I've seen this forum go in flames many times, with "i quit", "i want a refund" and "game's doomed" threads all around and personally i don't want this game to disappear, i want to see it grow and be fun. If you think this is just a rage against Cryptic from someone without the money to get the new items... you are wrong. I get anything i want, i have time & money to do it, no problem there at all.

I just want the game to be fun so i have a reason to log in. Getting better gear is no reason for me if i can't do anything new with that gear, that's the whole point of my previous post. I don't have fun in having the best gear, i have fun in playing the game... if the game is all boring grind then i don't have fun and i quit. I pay to have fun, i get paid for work obligations, and i really believe most people that put real money in the game have a similar way of thinking.

No offense was intended to chinese/asian people in my previous post, but there are significant differences in the MMO game industry if you compare the western and asian markets. Games are different, and the asian model is what i don't like, not the people. Most asian MMOs are pure grind, player skill does not count at all, only daily time logged in... that's what i don't want.

And back to the thread topic... only one comment asking about wep stats and a general lobi question is all there is in this thread about the new lockbox. My previous post has produced more posts than the new lockbox... but hey, Cryptic's fanboys had to do their job. Maybe i was not so wrong. Now, how was that joke about the blackhole...?

I think you are absolutely right.
    The problem and reasons you nominated are precisely what made me quit playing neverwinter right after reaching level cap. Total absence of anything worthwhile doing. You just keep repeating the same few dungeons, and so I don't see any real reason why wanting to grind ever better equipment...
    I SINCERELY hope they'll change course with STO and fast.

On the topic of this lockbox in particular, I just keep seeing payed stuff that gets your character all the more powerful... Is that really the model of MMO Cryptic wants to pursue? I've always kept their work in high regard, but recently it really got me thinking, isn't this really going toward a crude pay to win scenario??
    This haunting vision is taking away all my deep enjoyment of the recent expansions in terms of real content added (--> romulan and kdf campains introduced with LoR). This makes me a bit sad.

But then again, I know they are going to release a new season soon with end game content (feature episodes, teamed events, I hope), so.. we'll see.

(I'm a subscriber by the way)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]