test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game is Crashing

belldandy01belldandy01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Two times in a row in my game has crashed. The first time I get on the game, choose my character, go to create a uniform for one of my bridge officers and the game crashes. I log back in and let it verify my files, and log on for the second time. I go to again try to create a uniform for one of my bridge officers again, it crashes and now it's in the middle of again verifying the game files. What is going on?
Post edited by belldandy01 on

Comments

• airsoftwormsairsoftworms Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've got the exact same problem...
  • jiltedkittenjiltedkitten Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am having this issue as well. It does not happen every time, but quite often when I go to alter a BOff uniform the game crashes to desktop.
  • captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    same thing here, it's been from Satra on up in Bridge officers on the initial uniform edit for me.
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • cworth1cworth1 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Same exact problem..

Two times in a row when I went to change my new BOFF's uniform the game crashed.
  • uberawsomesniperuberawsomesniper Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    same with me. i think it has to do with the romulans because it first happened when i tried to change the outfit of the second bridge member and then after a bit i could customize them again but when i went to the romulan one it crashed
  • vvalevvale Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    doing it to me when i go to modify an alien boff. Was fine Sunday with the same Boff.
    "Magic is impressive, but now Minsc leads. SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!"
  • labs00labs00 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    my game crashed 3 times attempting to change the view on the tailor. since it went from list view, was trying to get it to large preview.
  • bentrazorbentrazor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Same here... 4 times today.

Anybody got an idea on why the game crashes ?
  • kyrtmalthornkyrtmalthorn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeap, this is my problem.
  • bearopybearopy Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've got the exact same problem...

Same here, try to change a BoFF uniform and the game crashes to desktop. Verified game files and still does it.
  • justplainz3r0justplainz3r0 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It seems to be a bug in any BOF from Satra and up
  • roman1229roman1229 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    From a patch 4 wees ago, my game now crashes changing instances, and last night in the middle of a STF it crashed again. I'm really tired of having verify my folders every time I boot this thing up.
  • forstoguyforstoguy Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am having the same issue attempting to modify outfits for bridge officers.
  • bherr80bherr80 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm having the same issue. Game crashed when I chose to skip the fed tutorial. It has crashed twice when going to change my borg boff uniform.

Also, my game keeps launching in window mode and not full screen.
  • eliwood44445eliwood44445 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Same problem here, but its only on Romulan Bridge officers, not fed or Klingon. Game just crashes straight to desktop.
  • jiltedkittenjiltedkitten Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Why was this topic moved from Game Play Bugs to the current location? It is not a PC, Network, or Other Technical Issue, it is a Game Play Bug.
  • bherr80bherr80 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't see how this is not a game play bug either. I still can not change edit my boffs at the tailor with my new Fed. As soon as I click on the boff the game crashes. I have submitted the report half a dozen times now. I hope we get a fix or some sort of response soon.
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Having the same problem, go to change my boff outfits and game crashes. Didn't have this problem before the last patch on 8/01/13
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • protocloneprotoclone Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, having same problem...almost. It seems to happen whenever I do anything relating to my Boffs.
  • karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have had the issue for weeks. I sent a ticket, but keep getting the same response which does not help. For me it happens at DS9 almost all the time. It happens anywhere but DS9 is the worst.
  • erulissedmerulissedm Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's been happening to me for all three factions. Romulan crashed a couple times on the initial X-has-joined-your-crew screen and once on the tailor Bridge Officer customize, Starfleet crashed once on tailor, but the Klingon is the worst for me- I have tried at least seven times, for two days now, tried restarting my computer, but it crashes on the tailor/Bridge Officers screen without fail. Klingon, like both other factions, also crashes on the X-has-joined-your-crew notice, which is annoying because that's during out-and-about gameplay.
    I have also tried turning the graphics down, switching to various compatibility modes, and customizing my own character before switching to the crew screen (personal customize works fine, bridge officer still crashed) ... it still doesn't work.
    (I mean obviously this isn't a major thing that will keep me from blowing things out of the stars, but I wanted to make my officers wear my ridiculous uniform ;_; )
    my sister has the same make of computer as I do and is on the same network but it has not happened to her yet.

Going to try reinstalling, will edit with result.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Casual gamer/artist who is just here because I like the game. Don't mind me =^^=
    I know I am a newb, but because I am new.... remember, everyone was a newb once.
    ---
    Leaders weave the shape of the future, but the followers spin the threads
  • lostgeographerlostgeographer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I had this issue, it crashed when in the tailor. But since then, it now hangs at the cryptic loading screen, the program wont respond and I can't get in game at all. It has run full scan probably 10 times, nothing wrong.
  • h29829282h29829282 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    did u restart your computer and if u have Windows can u post a copy of your DXDIAG
  • ncaakncaak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Same issue with just one of my Fed characters but I've noticed its always my third officer in the edit slots at ESD tailor. At first I thought it might be a saved costume I was using but it happened over and over and with different species... always the same edit slot though. Spent a bit of dilithium in the process thinking it was just a fluke officer! :( Also sent in a few tickets but they don't even show up when I try to view them :confused:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Rule #19... Satisfaction Is Not Guaranteed
  • horstpfickhorstpfick Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Have the same thing. Game crashed when I tried to select large preview in the taylor window. It was my KDF captain, small preview. Verified all files, logged back in, went to the taylor and had list. Tried to change to large preview, game crashed again. I noticed that the launcher wasn't desplaying even though it was open in the task bar after the first crash.
  • aedayaeday Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Same issue here. On-going for a fair while now, doesn't seem to be any specific species or character. I'm getting it on all of em.
    "I'm a science officer. It's my job to have a better idea."
  • thejamesphoenixthejamesphoenix Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hey guys,

I've been having two of the same problems mentioned above:

1. The fleet information being missing or greyed out, which is annoying as we try to build our fleet. Thankfully each time I've gotten this, its gone away after I move to a different area. This problem has been happening to me (and my friends on my fleet) for several weeks now.

2. The more annoying problem that just started today is the issue of STO crashing every time I try to edit the uniform on my KDF second officer. I got two officers from playing a few days ago, and I renamed my First Officer in the tailor, figuring I would edit his uniform thereafter but the game crashed when I clicked to edit the name of my second officer. I figured it was a fluke and didn't have the time to log in again until now.

Anyway, I was able to edit my First Officer to spec, and save him. Then I tried to edit my second officer again (my only other bridge officer) and when I clicked him on bridge officer select in the tailor, it promptly crashed the game the same way as before. Tried it twice more and it happened again both times. I am trying to give my officers unique uniforms to match the theme I am using for this crew, so this is incredibly annoying.

The game has never crashed for me when playing my Fed but I also haven't tried editing any uniforms on those officers in a while either. Hopefully the devs fix this soon because it's a pain.
  • horstpfickhorstpfick Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So now the game crashed while purchasing the changes to the uniform on one of my Feds. I just hope the Uniform or the EC I spent are still there... I agree, this is annoying, as I rather enjoy giving my characters and BOFFs the look I want them to have.
  • cellafestivacellafestiva Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Seems like this is a pretty common issue. Has anyone discovered a solution??

The first time the problem occurred for me I was attempting to modify my engineering officer's uniform and i was alerted by my protection software of a file named "crypticerror.exe". I didn't recognize the file so I blocked it and then the game froze. I have since changed the permissions for the file thinking it may have had something to do with crash but it hasn't had any effect. The crash has happened two more times since. Any ideas????