test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Omega / STF Accolades and Costume Projects

Comments

• betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i have an accolade still kinda bugged for HG MK XI and they are all checked, but it does not say that the actual tab is done :S but it is :(
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • elvis4410elvis4410 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am also having this issue. I have completed the MACO Commando and Omega Force Operative accolades but did not get the costume unlock

Character:

Kane@elvis441

Ticket # 1,827,865
  • captzabjudahcaptzabjudah Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm having the same issue as all, unlock the Maco costumes accolades but know option for the gear. :mad:

Zabjudah@captzabjudah
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Players log, Earthdate 6/25/2013. STF Accolade and costume bug still in existence. Fear bug is just biding its time. Will sleep with one eye open in case it tries to grind me up in its mandables and feed me to its young.
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    PWE's silence on this is deafening! Really shows us how much they care about customer service.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Can we please hear SOMETHING about what's going on?
    And if its "Working as intended"... then there will be a riot.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • issvanoraissvanora Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Can we please hear SOMETHING about what's going on?
    And if its "Working as intended"... then there will be a riot.

Ofcourse its working as intented! what are you talking about? XD
  • stulpnagelstulpnagel Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Its a sunny day today
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • projectfrontierprojectfrontier Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There have been many threads made on this subforum regarding the various apparent issues currently present in how Accolades associated with the Omega/STF Mk XI+ sets are tracked. Instead of responding to every one of those threads, please consider this your official update.

We're working on a dialogue option for Commander Roxy that may address some of these issues for players that have met Accolade completion parameters, but not received credit.

Basically, she'll attempt to reset all of your STF Accolades, and then manually check for Completion.

Before this goes live, we're performing as many test cases as we can to ensure that it works as intended, and doesn't actually cause further issues.

If you've submitted a bug report in the past, while logged into a character that you believe was experiencing this issue, please post your Ticket # as a reply to this thread. The more character copies we are able to use as test cases, the more likely it will be that this actually solves the associated bug(s).

---

Separate to the issue above is the apparent miscommunication on how the Costume options for these sets are actually handled. Let me take a moment to explain how those work.

All STF Armor of Mk XI or higher has visuals associated with it. However, these visuals are just a simple overlay, the same as the "plastic pajamas" associated with armor throughout the rest of the game. They can be turned on/off from your equipment panel, and cannot be altered using the Tailor.

Upon receiving all 3 pieces of a single Mk XI (or higher) set of Omega gear, you should see a Costume Unlock Project appear in your list of Reputation projects. This project will not appear if you claim a mixed set (e.g., 2 pieces of KHG Mk XI and 1 of KHG Mk XII, or 2 pieces of MACO Mk XII and 1 of Adapted MACO Mk XII).

It is only after running and claiming this project that you are able to modify your Omega gear using the Tailor.

At what point in the design process of this reputation system did you all decide "let's make them pay for accolade content that was previously free" and how much more of this TRIBBLE can we expect to put up with in the future?
    edited June 2013
    I like spaghetti
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    Still no fix.. guess this fix is just as existing as the Swimwear for players on risa!
    edited July 2013
    Back to page one with this thread!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • naoki9naoki9 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This is getting old... the bug is here for the entire season... and not even a word from developers...
    edited July 2013
    Still nothin new regarding the STF bugs, they only increase.........
    edited July 2013
    82 days since hopes were raised....
  • azerdracoazerdraco Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Finally complete both the MACO and Omega costume unlocks on my main.

Got the body armor (luckily).
    But now, for whatever reason, the Tailor can't seem to find my helmet for either MACO or Omega.

I have that stupid Bajoran Hood ... so I know that the "Head Type" isn't glitched.

Pardon me, Devs, but it seems like ya'll need to do some serious bug hunting in your programming. I mean, seriously, if I had turned in a project like this (citing the number of bugs present AND confirmable) in one of my programming classes, I'd not only have been flunked out of the course, I'd have been laughed off the campus.

I understand that a program as complex as STO has a LOT of layers of programming, and that running through the immense amount of code required in such a complex application nears impossible. However, a dedicated team of devs could accomplish this within a 6-month "Season" as long as their code was kept as up-to-date as possible.

My serious reccomendation is this: Close down Tribble, make a complete copy of the current LIVE server there, and set a 12-person team loose. Give them overtime pay, make sure that they have all the necessary tools and equipment, and have them fix bugs one section at a time. Start with the player interactivity (uniforms, tailor, exchange, mail, etc.) and then move on to accolades, then missions.

Once this team completes their "bug-hunt" through a section, you post their "fixes" into the Live game, thus synching both their "Test bed" and the Live server. You do this for each section stated above, and before you know it, you have a smoothly running game with a lot fewer bugs.

To keep those bugs out, you not only update the main game, but the baseline that is used to design content. In this way, new content has to "play nicely" with already existing code.

Yeah, I know ya'll already know this stuff, but it sure isn't showing in your work. Right now, STO feels like there are some Tribbles loose in the EPS manifolds...
    edited July 2013
    This thread will continue to get a bump until we get a response, as it will show how much we care, are frustrated, and/or how vocal we are about this bug.
    edited July 2013
    rattler2 wrote: »
    This thread will continue to get a bump until we get a response, as it will show how much we care, are frustrated, and/or how vocal we are about this bug.

And show how much PWE doesn't care.
  • vroupvroup Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, still waiting on a fix...not pleased one bit.
    edited July 2013
    Quite intresting fact; 'Humans carry more bacterial cells then human ones.'

Similarly; 'STO carriers more malfunctioning lines of code then functioning ones.'

BTW, Still want my STF Accolades and costumes fixed.
    edited July 2013
    BTW, Still want my STF Accolades and costumes fixed.

Take a number
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    There are some things that are just worth fighting for.

Figured I'd quote Commander James Raynor from StarCraft 2. :D
    Still waiting on a progress report.
    edited July 2013
    stulpnagel wrote: »
    Take a number

Why stop at just one number? Sure would be nice to have the telephone numbers for the mothers of all the cryptic employees so that we can call them and let them know their kids are getting a bad report card this month.
    edited July 2013
    Why stop at just one number? Sure would be nice to have the telephone numbers for the mothers of all the cryptic employees so that we can call them and let them know their kids are getting a bad report card this month.

lol thats a good idea. Ill start checking phone directory,if thers any hot momma ill let you know

:P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    Could the devs at least provide the GM's with a character editor so that when our accolade lists are bugged or other issues of an unresolvable nature occur we can at least get the GM's to fix us individually?
    edited July 2013
    i wonder when the Cmndr.Roxy thing would be on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    i wonder when the Cmndr.Roxy thing would be on

I sent a message to borticuscryptic today (since they started this thread) asking for an update....
    edited July 2013
    fadmbambam wrote: »
    I sent a message to borticuscryptic today (since they started this thread) asking for an update....

cool, well done, hope they come up with a solution
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    Agreed. I still thank Cryptic (NOT PWE) for all the hard work they're putting into the game, but getting no word on a long standing major bug from Season 7 is kinda ridiculus.

Those affected by said S7 Bug are still waiting.
    edited July 2013
    cool, well done, hope they come up with a solution

Or at least an update.