test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cancel/change fleet projects

voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Fleet System and Holdings
I can't remember, did the devs ever say if we'll be able to do this at some point?
I ask nothing but that you remember me.
Post edited by voporak on

Comments

• voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    last I remember I think they were looking into possibly adding it.The big concern was how to add it without people possibly exploiting it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah here's the big problem.

There are two ways this can work. One, you refund the resources. Two, the game eats them.

Option one doesn't work. The fleet system is pretty simple. Insert X, get Fleet Credit in return, spend Fleet Credit on Y. What happens if I dump in a bunch of fleet marks, go off and buy a MK X Romulan Kit from the Embassy, and buy 40 common Duty Officers? The Fleet Credit is gone. Do my items just poof? what if I've dumped those Common DOFFS into a totally different project and all that remains of them is a number on a counter?

This isn't workable. It's a giant exploit waiting to happen.

Option 2 is pretty much a license for bad fleet owners to troll people. And it will happen. It's a video game, with a lot of people playing. It will happen. People will get screwed over, hard.

This isn't workable either. I think a system that just eats the resources works just fine in single player reputation. In fleet... it's going to cause problems. Big ones.

As long as Fleet Credit is involved, I've yet to see a workable solution to this issue.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • lhoygowlhoygow Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree that cancelling a project in-work has many problems attached to it, but we do need to be able to cancel projects that are in the pipeline or add a project that is basically "none"
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah here's the big problem.

There are two ways this can work. One, you refund the resources. Two, the game eats them.

Option one doesn't work. The fleet system is pretty simple. Insert X, get Fleet Credit in return, spend Fleet Credit on Y. What happens if I dump in a bunch of fleet marks, go off and buy a MK X Romulan Kit from the Embassy, and buy 40 common Duty Officers? The Fleet Credit is gone. Do my items just poof? what if I've dumped those Common DOFFS into a totally different project and all that remains of them is a number on a counter?

This isn't workable. It's a giant exploit waiting to happen.

Option 2 is pretty much a license for bad fleet owners to troll people. And it will happen. It's a video game, with a lot of people playing. It will happen. People will get screwed over, hard.

This isn't workable either. I think a system that just eats the resources works just fine in single player reputation. In fleet... it's going to cause problems. Big ones.

As long as Fleet Credit is involved, I've yet to see a workable solution to this issue.

When a project is canceled, the contributions should be refunded as an equivalent number of fleet marks to the fleet bank. Leaders should have the ability to transfer fleet marks from the fleet bank to projects.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No, when a project is canceled, its inputs should stay gone. Finito. You get nothing back except an empty project slot. You already got credits for your contribution, that's all you get, cancel the project and you get nothing extra. Anything else is just a huge exploit.