test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Request] Would it be possible to please turn off the Asynchronous Warp Field effect

umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 747 Arc User
Fleet and M.A.C.O. Impulse Engines and come with this 'cool' feature that's called the Asynchronous Warp Field, which allows ships so equipped to go to Warp 12 and beyond.

Except that it's not quite that cool. Going fast is. But, in my opinion, the special effects that comes with it aren't. You get this teardrop bubble with hexagonal patterns dancing over them that also makes the image of your ship waver, and there's this drone sound that starts once you go fast enough.

Some people will love it. And it's fine if they do. But I find that looking at my ship while in such a state makes me feel queasy, and the drone really grates on my nerves.

Would it be possible, for such engines, to have a 'Disable Visuals' option that could spare us from this if we so chose? (like most other set items such as the Aegis Engines already offer) I would really appreciate it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    matthewpr1matthewpr1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does left clicking the impulse engines or deflector and disabling visual effects work? Ive never tried it but im pretty sure the option is there
  • Options
    assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    matthewpr1 wrote: »
    Does left clicking the impulse engines or deflector and disabling visual effects work? Ive never tried it but im pretty sure the option is there

Nope, it doesn't. The only way to get speeds like that (or higher) without the bubble are the Borg set engines.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • Options
    ashgrey77xashgrey77x Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is feature I would like as well. Especially since the bubble is bugged on the Klingon BOPs. The bubble covers the wings down combat position not the at warp up position, so when you are at warp the BOPs wings stick up above the bubble. It's a minor nitpick but still annoying.
  • Options
    seansamurai1seansamurai1 Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Took me a little while to figure out what was making that drone noise when LoR was first released. I use the Borg engine so I dont get it, sounds kinda cool when it goes past though.

As for disabling visuals and sound, if it annoys you that much, set auto pilot and either close eyes or switch off monitor.
    For the sound, hit the mute button.

The final less stupid idea is to zoom all the way out, not only is the sound minimised but its harder to see the visual effects as well.
  • Options
    umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As for disabling visuals and sound, if it annoys you that much, set auto pilot and either close eyes or switch off monitor.
    For the sound, hit the mute button.

The final less stupid idea is to zoom all the way out, not only is the sound minimised but its harder to see the visual effects as well.

Thank you for stating the stupidly obvious. If I was satisfied with such a solution, I would not have created such a thread.

I do agree that it's not such a big deal when it's another person making a brief nearby fly-by - no big deal. It's when you have to deal with it on your ship for prolonged lengths of time that it gets tedious (and that word is an understatement for me).

Fortunately, I do not seem to be the only person to think so and there are others of like mind. I don't believe we seek to remove the 'cool thing' others enjoy and I - for one - would be quite happy to see it get a toggle on/off option like most other set gear special effects have.