test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stuck character: server not responding on loading screen [NOW RESOLVED!]

Comments

• tcgrandpa#3038 tcgrandpa Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a ticket in 3 days now 1 of my 3 toons is stuck my kdf both my rommie and fed load fine.
  • zona75zona75 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And I still cant log in. This is ridiculous at this point. My level 50 character will not log in, all of my other characters log in just fine.
  • paulvbpaulvb Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    can we at least have some update on the issue? something other than "we're working on it". as far as I can tell your idea of "working on it" is sitting there picking your TRIBBLE.

some details, such as have you actually found the source of the issue or are you still trying to figure that out after 4 days?
  • morden2morden2 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I noticed that the transwarp to SOL was missing on my character, i was near new romulus.
    SO i went off up to PSI Velorium sector block to see if a new sector would 'fix' the bug.
    Thats when it server not responded and i have not been able to get on since soon after the Legacy Patch.

Do you expect this fix to come before the long weekend or should we plan that we will not be able to use these characters for a solid week..
  • slei4o1979slei4o1979 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic just going to disco and forgot for us :D
  • talzerotwotalzerotwo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    day 4 and still stuck

Same here for me
    [SIGPIC]http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5[/SIGPIC]
    Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
    Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
  • xenophreakxenophreak Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why am I still surprised? Bugs happen in any online game...the customer service level of this particular company however is unrivaled in their level of incompetence and lack of "give a TRIBBLE". Thanks for nothing Mr. <your name here>
    edited May 2013
    well, I looked though the logs and its pretty clear its an issue with the login server. so after 5 minutes of looking ive found out where the problem generaly is. so go fix it. at least say SOMETHING
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why on Earth do I get "server not responding" and mega lag everytime I decide to switch characters? Cryptic, and their "server stability fixes". Makes me wonder where they get their engineers from...
  • vinthebutchervinthebutcher Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Life-Sub here, been a couple days now, just want to play....

I can play my federation characters, but I spent money on a Romulus pack
    Change your timezone here.
    SEGA
    Nov. 2009
    yes, my avatar is my tattoo
    edited May 2013
    When logging into Romulus character I get the loading screen on 94% - server not responding.

Can play federation characters with no problem.

WANT to play Romulus character!

$$$$
    SEGA
    Nov. 2009
  • john53ajohn53a Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well its getting on my nerves to log on play 5 mins then get knocked offline with server not responding. So i guess they got rid of que's but ended up with knocking people offline. I understand there are problems they are working out but it just getting annoying to play 5 mins at a time getting tired of logging back in. Might wait a week and see if they ever get around to fixing this issue.
    edited May 2013
    > > > Hi Captains! The team continues to investigate an issue where some players may be stuck on a loading screen. We appreciate your continued patience! < < <

It's green now, does that mean they are getting closer to a fix?
    SEGA
    Nov. 2009
    edited May 2013
    it means its lower on their priority list....
  • harmvanriskharmvanrisk Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm stuck on 94% every time and have let it run. I wish they would look into this, haven't played in a few days now :(
  • dantherulerdantheruler Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was considering putting money into this game several days ago but fat chance now, 3 days locked out. Astonishing you have this many player characters frozen and no word or time frame for a fix. You people (Devs/owners/whatever) were not prepared for this launch and it tells me STO will never be anything but a second rate mmo with a small but loyal following.
  • fallensnow57fallensnow57 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, the character being hit by this bug is only lvl 15. I guess I could just delete and start over, maybe go federation instead of klingon. Who knows when this will end, and that might fix my issue.
  • screwregisterscrewregister Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Be glad when they get this fixed so I can play with my friends again.
  • cptshephardcptshephard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm pretty sure my Level 50 FED Engineer is having this problem as well. I tried to log in to him this morning and I had "server not responding" on the loading screen. It never went away. I alt+tabbed and closed out of STO and then reloaded the game. My Level 50 FED Science and FED Tac load fine, my Level 50 KDF Tac loads fine, and my Level 50 RRF Engineer loads fine.

Hopefully he's not lost to limbo. :-/

I recently bought him a Fleet Assault Cruiser as an "I'm sorry I'm leaving you for Romulans and the KDF" present. (I anthropomorphize a lot of things in my life.)
  • darkelfofficerdarkelfofficer Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, the character being hit by this bug is only lvl 15. I guess I could just delete and start over, maybe go federation instead of klingon. Who knows when this will end, and that might fix my issue.

There's no guarantee the new character wouldn't get hit by the same bug. Deleting and recreating is silly.
  • harmvanriskharmvanrisk Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My character is only lvl.10 but I'd rather not start over tbh
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Only time I ever get server not responding is when I attempt to move! Okay I get it on load screens due to having patch on demand turned on so server 'freezes' while stuff downloads but surely i shouldnt get that just for moving through sector space?

PS get this both in Neverwinter and here.

Games at the moment are completely unplayable for me.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • balorgafdanbalorgafdan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dirlettia wrote: »
    Only time I ever get server not responding is when I attempt to move! Okay I get it on load screens due to having patch on demand turned on so server 'freezes' while stuff downloads but surely i shouldnt get that just for moving through sector space?

Congrats, that has nothing to do with this thread.

Some of us have been waiting to log into our character that we have 3 years invested in, for three days now, but just get to stare at a loading screen while stuck in a map transition.
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually it does have something to do with this thread. I mentioned that the screen displays 'server not responding' even though the server is responding while it is downloading data in the background to patch up.

If the server is not responding for you on a load screen it could very well be that a piece of data you are missing hasnt been put on your computer correctly for one reason or another and so a force verify may even correct this, all assuming you do have patch on demand disabled. Of course if patch on demand is enabled then that is even more of an issue since the servers are currently so laggy, especially the patch servers, that your data may not be downloading at all.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • blacksouleternalblacksouleternal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guess they merged several threads here? Anyway yea, been 2 days now and still cant access my main character, (94% not responding) figured what the heck made a new one and yup can log on. =/ have been planning on getting a lifetime but really wondering now, I probably still will since I hold out hope that STO will become what it could be and I have the tendency to be loyal. Both frustrated at this massive amount of glitches, and grateful that the devs are (hopefully) working as hard as I think they are at fixing them.
  • noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually it does have something to do with this thread. I mentioned that the screen displays 'server not responding' even though the server is responding while it is downloading data in the background to patch up.

If the server is not responding for you on a load screen it could very well be that a piece of data you are missing hasnt been put on your computer correctly for one reason or another and so a force verify may even correct this, all assuming you do have patch on demand disabled. Of course if patch on demand is enabled then that is even more of an issue since the servers are currently so laggy, especially the patch servers, that your data may not be downloading at all.

Tried it, what you are suggesting, even did a complete reinstall of the game, after a register clean. Result still the same, main character jammed.
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't even get to the character selection. I'm wondering if PWE didn't just delete them out of spite. Not like they actually care about the Star Trek fan base.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • captzabjudahcaptzabjudah Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daqhegh wrote: »
    I can't even get to the character selection. I'm wondering if PWE didn't just delete them out of spite. Not like they actually care about the Star Trek fan base.[/QUOTE

Not a happy camper here over this whole ordeal! :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xenophreakxenophreak Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Doesn't work on any of my 4 machines or my friend's computers, only one of 4 chars is affected.
  • cmdrj323cmdrj323 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You mean to tell me this has been going on for three days????? I come back after a week to find this happening when I try to get into the Sol System to put some inventory into my personal and fleet banks, and find this thread and find out it's a THREE DAY ISSUE. What the hell???
This discussion has been closed.