test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unscheduled/Emergency Network Maintenance (May 9, 2013) (Complete!)

Comments

• Options
    daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Problem is they say "9am - 12pm PDT which is 3 hours.

Then they say 1600-1800 UTC which is 2 hours.

Either it's me or somone can't add up.

More than likely me :P

It's "new" math takes into account relativity
  • Options
    admiralandyadmiralandy Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    orici1701 wrote: »
    no they are not, GMT is british time and its 19:12 the server was due back on at 19:00 british time. i hate it when people cant use google to find out the correct times oh and no point telling me what time ur on as its still down for u lol

In the episode from Voyager 'Think Tank' it was mentioned that the phage had been cured.
  • Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    orici1701 wrote: »
    no they are not, GMT is british time and its 19:12 the server was due back on at 19:00 british time. i hate it when people cant use google to find out the correct times oh and no point telling me what time ur on as its still down for u lol

GMT is our standard time in the UK not "British time" however we are currently in the BST (British Summer TIme) system which places us 1 hour ahead of GMT.

PS: I'm a Brit so I know what time system I am under currently.
  • Options
    cyberpunk1977cyberpunk1977 Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone going to watch Star Trek Into Darkness tonight?

Looks sooo good!, I may go the weekend.
  • Options
    caemoscaemos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daskippa wrote: »
    So whats tea time?

A rather unfortunate miss-spelling of the name of an aspiring member of the Ankh-Morpork Guild of Assassins.
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Shhh man. D'ya want ta get lynched?!
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    qrtrmstr wrote: »
    While we are down...when are they gonna bring the Vadians into the game. You wanna talk about some creepy species, that phage thing is nasty, and them going after Voyager's crew to harvest them and their organs....they really need to bring that into the game. Similar to how the Salt Vampires are eating the Romulans in Mine Trap, the Vadians would be a pretty scary/awesome/disturbing race to bring into STO.

the vidian phage was cured later by the evil think tank, at least thats what they claimed.
  • Options
    cyberpunk1977cyberpunk1977 Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    johngazman wrote: »

Lynched why?
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Yea don't think anyone ever told em silence is golden
  • Options
    valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    caemos wrote: »
    A rather unfortunate miss-spelling of the name of an aspiring member of the Ankh-Morpork Guild of Assassins.

Isn't this "Te-ah-tim-eh"? :)
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    erathielerathiel Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Working on getting it posted :) It (the dev blog) will be up in 45 minutes.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Just wonder, this new Dev Blog you mention about will be longer (bigger) and more interesting than Legacy of Romulus Dev Blog #15 ?
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ef261 wrote: »
    The next time there's a maintenance, can it PLEASE not be right when everyone in the UK is coming home from work, or school? -_-

Does it really matter what time it is either in US or UK if emergency work needs to be done then so be it.

Read a book
  • Options
    sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013

You stand accused of Heresy on two counts
    Heresy by thought and heresy by word and heresy by deed
    On three counts

Cardinal Fang

The cushions
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    huttsbainehuttsbaine Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    never trust a krogen:D
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lynched why?

Because you mentioned JJAbrams Star Trek on this forum.

That's like poking a lion in the eye.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    eazzie wrote: »
    Does it really matter what time it is either in US or UK if emergency work needs to be done then so be it.

Read a book

Whats the time conversion if some1's playing from the ISS?
  • Options
    edited May 2013

The Wooden Spoon award goes to....

Lordy now I am grabbing the pop corn:D
  • Options
    rgzarcherrgzarcher Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lets see, how to distract a bunch of Trekkers from griping about the STO server being down...

*reviews archived threads*

Huh, from what I can see, the best way to get everyone united against a single thing that isn't complaining about the servers is to ask 'Should the Yeager class be added to the game?'

Lets see what happens :D
    "Why all the sales"?

And a merry freaking Christmas to you too, Ebenezer.
    -jonsills, 'Cryptic Why the sales..instead of Fixing XP leveling and this game?'
  • Options
    deezy611deezy611 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes. I do. :p

I'm waiting. My experience has been that to run a business, you need paying customers. Somehow, while I see the continuation of the Star Trek legacy in MMO format as one hell of an accomplishment, I don't perceive it as being an altruistic venture on the providers' behalf.
    txn8v wrote: »
    I doubt there are all that many people out there that are FTP that NEVER buy anything from the C-store.

I have spend many a real coin contributing to Cryptics bank accounts.

You're actually supporting my position here. Whether you're a subscriber or you purchase ZEN, you're still giving them money, which they in turn need to keep the server room's power and cooling on. My hypothetical said that if no one PAYS, no one plays ("pays" in any regard).

And I'm not even one of the complainers! I just want STO to succeed, and understand the simple business principle of "we're in it for our customers". Not consumers, but customers. Which, again, you are.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    rgzarcher wrote: »
    Lets see, how to distract a bunch of Trekkers from griping about the STO server being down...

Huh, from what I can see, the best way to get everyone united against a single thing that isn't complaining about the servers is to ask 'Should the Yeager class be added to the game?'

I'm all about jagermeister
  • Options
    arakim5arakim5 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I often hear sexual innuendo when talking about Star Trek, “Forward weapons in the aft quarter,” and all that, but I never hear it going the other way.

[click][Lights go out]

Girl: What was that?

STO: I’m cloaked. [Makes cloaking sound with his mouth]

Girl: You’re wearing a cape…? AHHH!

STO: Gravity Well!

Girl: Gravity…. Ohhh ok…

STO: TYken’s RIFT!

Girl: Hey!

STO: Ooo.. Aux to battery, Aux to battery…

Girl: Ox? Ok, sure, you’re an ox…

STO: Cannon Rapid Fire!

STO: Emergency power to weapons…..

STO: Attack Pattern OMEGA!

STO: TORP SPREAD THREE!

Girl: What the... get out of my house!

STO: [Makes cloaking sound with his mouth][Sound of door closing]

Girl: That’s my closet. [Sound of loud thump from closet]

STO: [Voice muffled from closet] It could have been worse. It could have been BSG.

Girl: Oh, really?

STO: So say we all.

BSG Voices: So say we all!
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *casually carries a phaser set to stun and a bunch of interrogation equipment closer to cyberpunk1977*

*whispers "You hold him, I'll torture him" to the nearest angry mob* :D

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sollvax wrote: »
    You stand accused of Heresy on two counts
    Heresy by thought and heresy by word and heresy by deed
    On three counts

Cardinal Fang

The cushions

What are the charges if you thought the first JJ alternate timeline film was good? Just curious, not saying I did after all such an admission would be dangerous, but you know a friend.....;)
  • Options
    kitsune424kitsune424 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    qrtrmstr wrote: »
    Bran...this is not good. As I discussed the communications person on FB (since the initial crashes were only being posted there) LoR is a tremendous undertaking. I, along with hordes of other real 1000+ day players and lifetime members such as myself are attempting to balance support with frustration and fear. With LoR coming, the issues going on are creating an image of complete instability. I know personal friends in game and IRL that are planning on returning to STO in 12 days for launch...I anticipate a lot of player returning to check out the new u/i, re-finished Drozana station, and of course the Romulan stuff...but it's been nearly daily now...combined we're talking at least 1.5 days of down time. The devs propagate fixes and then it all crashes or we have these emergency issues. It's player like us who try and keep things positive, remain supportive, and try and minimize the exodus of players that has been going on. Published or not, we all know the numbers are down...but even our patience gets worn thin. This makes it really difficult for us to stay positive and talk to players about why they should remain and not go back to WoW. I don't want what happened to CoH/CoV to happen here. None of us vested/invested players want that. So while you try and manage things, perhaps the week leading up to LoR's launch, you
    Should announce an extended down time of 48 hours. Take everything down and make it right, actually fix the problems going on, be the GOTY that you are supposed to be, the GOTY you won for a reason. Players understand server problems but what's happened really had been quite ridiculous and unacceptable. There is still buzz all over the Internet and CNET about EA's disaster with Sim City's reboot, with even the games creator speaking out against EA and Maxis. This is not the sort of publicity STO/Cryptic/PW needs. You only get to launch something once...if you guys TRIBBLE this up, we all suffer. Please try and remember that people talk TRIBBLE because their frustrated, but these same people completely count on you guys and your ability to be stable...this is a great game, IMO, the best MMO created, and I don't want to lose something I am so personally invested in...a lot of hours have gone into gear and sets...prior to the F2P and Rep systems...please, just don't TRIBBLE this launch up...we are all counting on this to bring the numbers back, to get large fleet and more tier 5 fleets and reduced load times for STF's because players are back and running events. Please do whatever it is you need to do to get this right.

For the player whom said that I would be affected by the mindless drones of complainers lol I say the "I shall resist you with my last ounce of strength!" ~Capt Jean-Luc Picard

I am a relatively new player, but I am also a lifelong trekkie, and I say this, I agree, we DO depend on you to keep the server up and we DO depend on you to keep it up to date, but that in mind, you need a new server for BOTH STO and NW. I have played NW and it has potential, granted it is not my kind of game at the moment. However with the looming launch of LoR, having NW and STO on the same server is a VERY bad idea the server WILL NOT be able to handle the strain no matter how much, or how well, you patch the games. I am thinking of starting a petition to send to PW for them to spring for a brand new server for STO and NW, but if you can already afford it, DO IT for the sake of STO, for the sake of NW and for the sake of CO. If you need to shut the games down for a week to do the transfer, DO IT! Trust me it'll be safer to do THAT then to kill your reputation.
    We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
  • Options
    sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

Emergency network maintenance is going really well. Our teams are moving incredibly fast to get you back in-game! Thanks for your support.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

a real long time for Emergency network maintenance
    I think you are loading a large chunk of LOR
    this wat you did before 7 launch hmm 5 hrs
  • Options
    rgzarcherrgzarcher Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Would mentioning that I desire that giant shiny new dreadnaught class ship from the movie to be added to the game be an equal offence?

I don't like JJ's movies (including Into Darkness, yes I have seen it in a manner of speaking) But I'm always for adding cool new toys to games that I enjoy playing.
    "Why all the sales"?

And a merry freaking Christmas to you too, Ebenezer.
    -jonsills, 'Cryptic Why the sales..instead of Fixing XP leveling and this game?'
  • Options
    general1devongeneral1devon Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I think everyone knows my Stance on the JJ Star Trek. and for all you who hate it there is this:

JJ Star Trek... Still better then Twilight
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thunderhawk101thunderhawk101 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    valenn1 wrote: »
    Isn't this "Te-ah-tim-eh"? :)

Wow... a Pratchett reference, now I truly have seen it all in the STO forums XD
    erei1 wrote: »
    I enjoy this kind of thread. It's like farting in the air to fight the wind. It's poetic, childish and completely useless.
  • Options
    drakeforddrakeford Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey guys !
    Just a question for you all.....
    What kind of anger will you all display when they tell us that they are extending the downtime to continue this emergency maintenance?
    I almost hope they do so that I can read the rage

I shall continue to be reasonable during the whole thing (feeding off the anger)
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rgzarcher wrote: »

Only as a debris object!
This discussion has been closed.