Hello and welcome to another edition of our writers' challenges! :cool:
Today we start the two-week run of the thirty-ninth Literary Challenge: Lone Drone
Upon entering a system in the Gamma Orionis Sector Block, sensors pick up readings that reveal debris from a destroyed Borg Probe are in orbit. As you move in closer, sensors read that a single, functioning drone is in the rubble. What happens next? Write a Captains Log entry recounting your actions and the outcome.
This is the writer's thread -- only entries should be made here.
The Discussion Thread can be found HERE
We also have an Index of previous challenges HERE
The rules may change from one challenge to another, but I'd like to remind everyone what the base rules are. These may grow as we move on, so also feel free to give feedback!
- Each Challenge will run for two weeks. For 2 weeks we will sticky the challenge and let you make your entry.
- There are no right or wrong entry.
- The background story, questions I ask, and format requested are only to serve as a platform that you can start your writing from. Feel free to change up the back-story or the way you deliver, as long as the entry stays on topic of the original challenge.
- Write as little or as much as you would like.
- Please keep discussion about the entries in the appropriate Discussion Thread.
- In the Discussion Thread, feel free to write what inspired you and what your thoughts on the topic are.
- A few other important reminders:
- Please heed the rest of the forum's rules when submitting your entry! All of them apply to these posts.
- Each poster can have one entry. Feel free to edit your post to fix typos or add/ remove content as you see fit during the next two weeks.
- After two weeks time, the thread will be locked and unstickied, as we move on to the next challenge.
- We'll have two threads: One to post the entries in and one to discuss the entries. **Cross-linking between these two threads is acceptable for these challenges ONLY!!**