test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

season 8 tweet leeks starting

Comments

• starkofthenorthstarkofthenorth Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'm with Roach on this one. Wait and see, hope for the best and enjoy what we have. The KDF, even with the few missions there are, have the best campaign missions out there. The faction has come very very far since launch an from her it can only improve. Its important to make your voice herd but at the same time some patience is prudent. Its coming, all the signs are there and the twitter leaks are only the beginning.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
    Also known as Gingie(In game) Sskald(Gates of Sto-vo-kor)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    voicesdark wrote: »
    To all KDF players,
    I'm going to say this as nicely as possible. Stop all your whining, ********, moaning, and gripping about the lack of KDF content and instead use that time to get off your asses and get more people interested in playing the KDF.
    Cryptic is a company that just so happens to develop games, and games aren't exactly cheap to make, hell their electric bill alone would make most people want to cry. That said, they have to balance player wants with what will make them money to keep development going. Fact is not only is the KDF not making them money, but as has been stated they have lost money on the KDF. And please enough with the "if you build it they will come" BS, chances are they won't. If you really want KDF content then where are the forum petitions to get cryptic to port really well made foundry missions into the official episodes, where is the push to get more people interested in the KDF, and where are the discussions both from KDF and NON-KDF players on what needs to be changed and why they don't play KDF so that can be looked at.
    Yes Cryptic wanted a KDF faction ready to go pre-launch well welcome to the real world sh%$ happens. The Biggest downfall to anything Klingon is that they are like the Borg, they've been used so much and for so long there really isn't anything new to them, and to be honest they aren't really all that interesting.
    If season 8 has the KDF content you're all dreaming of them good on you and I'll be happy for you, but if not then why not really take a step back and see what you can constructively do, seeing as the same old whine, *****, moan, grip isn't getting you anywhere other than really putting people off the idea of playing as a KDF more than anything. Simple fact Star Trek is about humans interacting with aliens, and other than a very small percentage of players that is being mirrored here as well. Time for a new strategy guys.

Really Voicedark..if theres no content to hold the players interest it doesn't matter how much we do as player to promote KDF numbers. If the content isn't there, they don't stay..

Or in other words, we've tried that.. doesn't seem to work either.

and the lack of CONTENT has nothing to do with the players and everything to do with the lack of work and development by the studio.. There is no other multifaction MMO that I know of where this sort of situation has happened.. most definatly none of the major playors in any of the MMO's have a half a faction running around in thier game.

why shouldn't KDF players want the same options and play value as the fed faction?

And after 3 years of STO all we have left is posting and ******** about it. SO if you just happen to have something in the way of a suggestion that actually WORKS (which you obviously dont!), other then stating the obvious that WE ALL KNOW..then your post is a waste of space..

Khemaraa sends
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    To be honest, if they go through with all of those new Feddy ships I may stop blowing my Dil gained Zen on keys.
    <3
  • voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Really Voicedark..if theres no content to hold the players interest it doesn't matter how much we do as player to promote KDF numbers. If the content isn't there, they don't stay..

Or in other words, we've tried that.. doesn't seem to work either.

and the lack of CONTENT has nothing to do with the players and everything to do with the lack of work and development by the studio.. There is no other multifaction MMO that I know of where this sort of situation has happened.. most definatly none of the major playors in any of the MMO's have a half a faction running around in thier game.

why shouldn't KDF players want the same options and play value as the fed faction?

And after 3 years of STO all we have left is posting and ******** about it. SO if you just happen to have something in the way of a suggestion that actually WORKS (which you obviously dont!), other then stating the obvious that WE ALL KNOW..then your post is a waste of space..

Khemaraa sends

Some of my favorite games are multi-faction games, and if what you got from my post was that the KDF is the red-headed step child that should just be locked away and forgotten about then I apologize because you misunderstood what I meant.
    As you've said the game has been around for almost 3 years now, and in 3 ears Cryptic hasn't really done anything to really interest players in playing the KDF faction, and that's why I said it's really up to the KDF players to finally do something about that. Pretty much the second you log in or load up one of the HUB areas of the game, you'll see fleet recruitment messages in zone chat. So again one of my suggestions is to try to recruit players to play the KDF like you recruit for factions.
    Throughout the forums I have given numerous suggestions on how the KDF faction could be made stronger and how it would be possible to get more people interested in playing it. The lack of content isn't the only issue, as many people have stated the HUD coloring is painful to look at for long periods of time. To be honest the Qo'nos map is like an emergency shanty town that was just thrown together without rhyme or reason to function and we all know how important first impressions are.
    Unlike Garek boasting about Cardassian artists, the Klingons have a rich cultural hostory that they don't openly acknowledge to outsiders, but it does exist. This should really be showcased by the grandeur of the first city on Qo'nos, but isn't, and Cryptic seems to only focus on the warrior side of the race.
    The point is some things really do have to be addressed by Cryptic, but there are other things that the KDF fans CAN do to constructively help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • purvee1purvee1 Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    voicesdark wrote: »
    As you've said the game has been around for almost 3 years now, and in 3 ears Cryptic hasn't really done anything to really interest players in playing the KDF faction, and that's why I said it's really up to the KDF players to finally do something about that. Pretty much the second you log in or load up one of the HUB areas of the game, you'll see fleet recruitment messages in zone chat. So again one of my suggestions is to try to recruit players to play the KDF like you recruit for factions.

And the player organised "KDF month" thing every year doesn't count?

Your solution to the problem seems to be Spamming ESD general chat? I'm sure that will go down well.
    Plus its pretty pointless as the new players have to wait until level 20+ before they can roll a KDF character.
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I expect lots of cool things for Feds and nothing for KDF but empty promises.

If more happens, I will be pleasantly shocked.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • admiralandyadmiralandy Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I've heard that one. My version of it is from J.M. Ford's "Final Reflection" as stated by Captain Krenn of the IKV Mirror.

possibly my favorite tale of Klingon life ever written.. it's an original universe pre-TOS story.

Though i'm not a vey committed Klingon, my character is Krenn and really surprised more don't know this story.

It had a very good plausible explanation for the difference between the TOS looking Klingons and the movie Klingons which I wish they'd incorporated to canon, for a time it was considered canon till the later series killed it.

Just 1 reason to get it now, immediately and oh yeah it has some space combat stuff.

Kai-Epetai Thought Admiral.

If there could be a Final Reflection Fleet that would be cool to see.
  • flotahispanaflotahispana Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    We hope to have full KDF faction finished for Season 8, playable from level 0, that lead to a fully Open PvP Dedicated Season 9.

Until that, this game's still a beta.
  • quiscustodietquiscustodiet Member Posts: 350
    edited December 2012
    Leeks ?
  • shrapne11shrapne11 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'm still waiting on the Romulan playable faction we were promised a couple years ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I hear your pain and it is reflected in the incomplete KDF. Mnay things in STO are still in the "promised" stages of development.
    We can only hope they come about before we die of old age.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    We hope to have full KDF faction finished for Season 8, playable from level 0, that lead to a fully Open PvP Dedicated Season 9.

Mr. Stahl read your question and posted a video response on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4

I am still more than a little pev'd that the Fleet B'rel is Tier 5 - so like never???
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    shrapne11 wrote: »
    I'm still waiting on the Romulan playable faction we were promised a couple years ago.

"Promised"?? - There's been talk that a playable Romulan faction is something Cryptic would like to do eventually, yes, but they've always been clear that they mean years down the line type thing. I don't remember it being "promised but not yet provided" as you're suggesting. Links or it didn't happen. ;)

Unlike the KDF Faction which was supposed to be a full PvE faction prior to launch, and for years into the game Cryptic continuted to set undelivered goals regarding the KDF (pretty much up until after Season 5 when Cryptic really "officially" started back-tracking on previous statements).

KDF History:
    http://www.stowiki.org/User:Peregrine_Falcon#The_History_Of_The_Klingon_Empire_With_Cryptic_Studios

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • andoriansrusandoriansrus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    to paraphrase a quote from Roach...

"Beads, whiskey, polio infected blankets."

I'm not holding my breath for KDF content I have been waiting for the last 3 years
    Major Xi'Zzin
    I.R.W. Raptor's Claw
    Storm Eagle Class Warbird Fleet Ha'feh
    I have never trusted humans, and I never will
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    to paraphrase a quote from Roach...

"Beads, whiskey, polio infected blankets."

I'm not holding my breath for KDF content I have been waiting for the last 3 years

And every time they say it's coming, they fail to deliver anything but excuses!
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited January 2013

this link amuses me to no end, especially after Stahl went on record of saying any news was news that shouldn't have been shared and was a bad call by employees.... because you know.... he himself used to do it a lot as well which is why i think Cryptic's adopted the policy of "silence isn't golden but it's all we'll give them until they pay us more". It's not nice i know but close to the truth because there are so many instances where it's been made clear that.... well now i'm ranting...

As for the KDF content i seriously doubt it. It's a proven fact that if it DID happen it would only be one or two missions like the sorties, awesome but not enough. I've learned that you can't trust a promise made by cryptic: EVER. So i'm very inclined to agree with Roach on this one. "Hope for the best. Prepare for the worst." I think it's more of "people don't play it because they didn't build it better" more than Cryptic's "we don't build it better because people don't play it" and that beautiful link is all too much the proof you need.

This game is still way to beta for a game that has been out a month short of three years, and if you're a fan on Champions online you'll know that the systems not going to be able to handle it much closer to four.
  • branmakmorrnbranmakmorrn Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Incoming bump off the port bow, brace for impact.

Anyone heard any info on KDF stuff circca S8 yet? I don't come here much, or follow any these people on twitter, or wherever, b/c I'm involved in other games atm.

So I'm asking you guys to keep an ear to the ground for me. Like the dirty bead-loving whiskey drinkin Reds you are. :) And then lemme know what it is.

Also,

This game is still way to beta for a game that has been out a month short of three years, and if you're a fan on Champions online you'll know that the systems not going to be able to handle it much closer to four.

I haven't played CO since ITS beta lol could you clarify the bold for me? Please with sugar on top
  • jamesburtchelljamesburtchell Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    yeah i've heard that for about two or three months now that Season 8 was gonna be a KDF season.... i won't believe it until i see it.
    The Emperor isn't please with Cryptic apparent lack of progress for the Empire. Lord Vader is on his way
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited January 2013

lol they cant handle 2 factions never mind 3.

personalys i hoped that sto would of had the major players in the shows.

fed kdf rom cardies
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    There was no "promise". Get over it, quit rumor-mongering.
  • cletusdeadmancletusdeadman Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Let?s face it, the KDF is poor. Cryptic openly admits to keeping it that way and not changing it.
    Cryptic is writing the book on how to operate a single faction MMO, or at least how to fail at a mutli-faction one.
    A single faction MMO format isn?t going to have decent PvP in the form zone combat for different sectors- no surprise why we haven?t seen improvement there.
    A single faction MMO format isn?t going to have varied experiences of game play you would get with multiple factions- example: Alpha- great, Cold Comfort- sucked.
    A single faction MMO cannot expect to have the Alpha Quadrant factions represented when its own website confuses the word faction with the words Specie or Race.

I want to have a multi-faction gaming experience in a MMO.
    I do not want my second faction to be second class to any other faction.
    Clearly, this is a gaming experience that Cryptic Studios and PWE are incapable of providing for their customers.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    Hope for the best. Expect the worst.

Fixed for you. ;)
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • mondoidmondoid Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    They usually post info about the next season a month before it releases, so the earliest we'll hear about it would be around April. There might be one or two Season 8 blogs in march be it is still to early to tell.
    edited January 2013
    I was very surprised to see confirmation of a third faction, a cross-over with Mass Effect featuring Elcor.

Kind of curious what Elcor engineering kits will look like.

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    zahinder wrote: »
    I was very surprised to see confirmation of a third faction, a cross-over with Mass Effect featuring Elcor.

Kind of curious what Elcor engineering kits will look like.

Huh? What?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
    edited January 2013
    A joke. ;)

Elcor are an elephantine species that think and react very.

slowly.

Elcor:
    http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121114125050/masseffect/images/5/52/Elcor_extraction_diplomat.png

• mondoidmondoid Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The third faction they are going to put in will be the Romulans, they said this last year. It won't be any weird race from another game series, there are legal reasons for that.
    edited January 2013
    They did not say Romulans will be a third faction.

• bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Some of us at GoS where just talking about how quiet its gotten about the future KDF content in the upcomming seasons......... It gives me that unloving feeling, so I hope its just the quiet before the new day.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • lolimpicardlolimpicard Member Posts: 309
    edited January 2013
    Content development for the KDF is a sort of inverse self-fulfilling prophecy and infinite cycle of impossibility combined.

We likely won't see more KDF content until more people play KDF which won't happen until we have more KDF content.

A deadlock only Cryptic can break through initiative. Dstahl, your move.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    He's dead, Jim.