test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

omega and romulan marks

comanderulfriccomanderulfric Member Posts: 2 Arc User
ok why is it that when doing the stf's that omega marks you get more than 50-100 depending how the optional falls but when doing the romulan marks you only get 10 or less unless you get the extra marks event. would it be plausible to make it so that you get at least 30 or more romulan marks per mission, or keep the marks the same for the easy missions and then make a harder mission like the borg stf's
Post edited by comanderulfric on

Comments

• mcconnamcconna Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The space dailies give around 60 for romulan marks, plus you have a whole zone with dailies and with like 3-4 instances with each of their own daily mission. So you pretty much just have to work for it. Although I do agree, a higher payout on the fleet action romulan mark instances would be nice and make them worth doing.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    ok why is it that when doing the stf's that omega marks you get more than 50-100 depending how the optional falls but when doing the romulan marks you only get 10 or less unless you get the extra marks event.

ok why is it that when doing the defera ground missions you only get 5 omega marks but when doing the romulan marks you get 10-15 plus more for radiation scanning plus 400 for breeding rabbits plus 100-200 more per day for winter rabbits.

:P

(seriously, though - anyone not doing the Winter Epohh thing right now is just missing out. I've got two characters that have never stepped foot in Tau Dewa sector, who have over 2-3k marks between them. For about 10min of effort a day - do a pvp race once in awhile to get some epohh tags + assign some doffs. Of course, it depends on how good you are at the pvp race / if you can get a race without many competitors. But there's lots of winter zones + 4 races per hour, so....)
  • mrtoken_1390846233mrtoken_1390846233 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    kiralyn wrote: »
    ok why is it that when doing the defera ground missions you only get 5 omega marks but when doing the romulan marks you get 10-15 plus more for radiation scanning plus 400 for breeding rabbits plus 100-200 more per day for winter rabbits.

:P

(seriously, though - anyone not doing the Winter Epohh thing right now is just missing out. I've got two characters that have never stepped foot in Tau Dewa sector, who have over 2-3k marks between them. For about 10min of effort a day - do a pvp race once in awhile to get some epohh tags + assign some doffs. Of course, it depends on how good you are at the pvp race / if you can get a race without many competitors. But there's lots of winter zones + 4 races per hour, so....)

So where do you turn them in?
    I have only just started and have a few tags and 1 epohh so far, how do you turn that into marks?
  • malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Raise the epohh's until elder level, at the contact in the winter wonderland for the ones you get there. they're all doff missions, and assign some good science doffs to them for a crit. Then when you have raised them all the way, go to New Romulus at the epohh fields and talk to the contact there, Toreth. She will take them and give you 400 marks per elder Epohh. The snow ones are just quicker to get since they only take five days to get from research to elder if you are good at the races. If you go to New Romulus to do the Epohh mission there, even with a group, you need to do the mission for about 4 or 5 days I think until you can start raising an epohh.
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
    edited December 2012
    mrtoken wrote: »
    So where do you turn them in?
    I have only just started and have a few tags and 1 epohh so far, how do you turn that into marks?

The Winter epohhs, you just grind up in the Latinum conversion console.
    100 marks for an Elder, 200 marks for a fancy Elder (one that got critted at some point in raising it).
  • mrtoken_1390846233mrtoken_1390846233 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    malkarris wrote: »
    Raise the epohh's until elder level, at the contact in the winter wonderland for the ones you get there. they're all doff missions, and assign some good science doffs to them for a crit. Then when you have raised them all the way, go to New Romulus at the epohh fields and talk to the contact there, Toreth. She will take them and give you 400 marks per elder Epohh. The snow ones are just quicker to get since they only take five days to get from research to elder if you are good at the races. If you go to New Romulus to do the Epohh mission there, even with a group, you need to do the mission for about 4 or 5 days I think until you can start raising an epohh.

Will give that a go
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    They need a Romulan mark even that is comparable to STF difficulty and length of time. It should have normal and elite versions and reward same marks and dilithium as a STF does.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    They need an Omega Mark Event that is comparable to Epohh Raising.
    marc8219 wrote: »
    They need a Romulan mark even that is comparable to STF difficulty and length of time. It should have normal and elite versions and reward same marks and dilithium as a STF does.

They could add an elite version to the Romulan events (Mine Trap, Vault, Azure Nebula) and it should be good enough. The current versions are comparable to the Normal STFs in terms of rewards and length of time. Not sure about difficulty, but all that matters is that the elite versions given comparable rewards to elite STFs and is of sufficient difficulty.
    edited December 2012
    starkaos wrote: »
    They need an Omega Mark Event that is comparable to Epohh Raising.

They could add an elite version to the Romulan events (Mine Trap, Vault, Azure Nebula) and it should be good enough. The current versions are comparable to the Normal STFs in terms of rewards and length of time. Not sure about difficulty, but all that matters is that the elite versions given comparable rewards to elite STFs and is of sufficient difficulty.

No they don't really, I have more then enough Omega marks then I know what to do with, and I burn through hundreds per character each day to turn into dil. Elite STFs will give you enough marks to run several t4 rep projects on their own. The mark costs for mk XII gear is also reasonable, you should have to run several elite STFs to get the marks for a piece, just like you had to do it several times before the rep system unless you got lucky.

You should not be able to earn Mk XII MACO gear without doing elite STFs, they especially should not add something that doesn't involve any shooting at all like raising pets.

I don't want to raise eppohs for rom marks either, I just want to earn them at the same rate I can earn Omega by only doing elite stfs, and only by shooting stuff, not raising pets.

Mine trap may be somewhat comparable to a normal, but azure and ensared are way faster and easier. They would need new missions to make it STF level.
    edited December 2012
    No they don't really, I have more then enough Omega marks then I know what to do with, and I burn through hundreds per character each day to turn into dil.

That reasoning works the other way, too..... I have buckets of Rom marks on all my characters (I've even stopped doing most of the regular dailies & quests). So, by that measure, there's no need for other sources of them.
    edited December 2012
    Just because some people can do 10 Elite STFs in a row doesn't mean others can. I can easily spend a few minutes each day tagging borg and doing duty officer assignments that would give 400 Omega Marks per week, but doing more than 2 elite STFs in a row is too painful. Romulan Marks events has a nice balance of methods to gain Romulan Marks while Omega Marks does not have that nice balance. You are stuck doing Elite STFs and Deferi missions. Not everyone does Elite STFs and Deferi missions can be like pulling teeth to do considering the poor cost they give. Romulan Marks has numerous team events, non-combat content, solo space missions, and solo ground missions to do. Having a Borg Raising event would certainly help.
    edited December 2012
    You want some of the best combat gear in the game without engaging in combat? uh no, just be glad you can get stf ground gear just by doing space or vice versa. If you dont get into combat so much I don't see why you need omega rep and gear or even play this game for that matter.

Also I might add that before s7 the only way to get that gear was through elite STFs. That should NOT change. You could always do normals, but be penalized by abysmal rep progression, and rightly so.

Omega is different then Rom rep, it is task force omega, all about fighting the borg, while rom rep is about giving aid to a colony, so a non combat method can somewhat be justified for rom rep even though I dont think epohhs should give marks myself.

You should be able to see people in full Mk XII MACO/ Honorguard and be able to have some confidence that they know what they are doing. Allowing non combat ways of getting this stuff would be wrong.
    edited December 2012
    kiralyn wrote: »
    That reasoning works the other way, too..... I have buckets of Rom marks on all my characters (I've even stopped doing most of the regular dailies & quests). So, by that measure, there's no need for other sources of them.

Yeah but there are 6 different Elite STFs that give 60-90 marks, a lot but no where near as much as epohh.

There is no way to romulan marks by actually playing the game by shooting stuff at a rate reasonable enough to get projects done and to get gear, while it is easy enough to earn Omega marks in combat.

This wanting to carebear through the omega system through a non combat way of getting marks by the 2 of you is a totally seperate issue of not being able to get rom marks, I disagree with you people completley but am not interested in discussing it further as it has nothing to do with my concern of rom marks.
  • oldkirkfanoldkirkfan Member Posts: 1,263 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    All this farming

It's unfair, I tell ya. The U.S. Government pays farmers NOT to grow crops.

I think Starfleet should pay me Omega Marks not to farm...
    edited December 2012
    If people have to play Elite STFs to get Omega Marks, then you should do Epohh Raising and other Romulan Content to get Romulan Marks. The fact that people are being forced into Elite STFs just because of some aesthetic reason means that we have more reason to complain than people spending a couple of minutes each day chasing after bunnies for Romulan Marks. There are a ton of ways to get Romulan Marks and it is a great shame that isn't the case for Omega Marks. I have just as much right to play the game my way as you do your way. So I have as much right to ask for a non-combat way to earn Omega Marks as you do for a more difficult team related activity. There are numerous ways to help Task Force Omega that don't require fighting the Borg so there should be a non-combat way to get Omega Marks.
    edited December 2012
    If people have to play Elite STFs to get Omega Marks, then you should do Epohh Raising and other Romulan Content to get Romulan Marks. The fact that people are being forced into Elite STFs just because of some aesthetic reason means that we have more reason to complain than people spending a couple of minutes each day chasing after bunnies for Romulan Marks. There are a ton of ways to get Romulan Marks and it is a great shame that isn't the case for Omega Marks. I have just as much right to play the game my way as you do your way. So I have as much right to ask for a non-combat way to earn Omega Marks as you do for a more difficult team related activity. There are numerous ways to help Task Force Omega that don't require fighting the Borg so there should be a non-combat way to get Omega Marks.

No, as much as you would like to think that there is, there is no way you can justify having Mk XII MACO Commando/ honor guard/ omega armor visuals without having earned it in STFs like everyone who has it did. Its supposed to be the hardest armor to get in the game and best unique visuals. Rom rep doesnt give anything like this so its somewhat more understandable that they have a non combat way to get marks. Not that you even need the gear anyway being a non combat player.

Like I said earlier there are 6 DIFFERENT Elite STFs, 6 normals. If that isn't enough for you there is defera and red alert. Lots of different ways to get Omega, its fine as it is and doesn't need tuning. Romulan Rep has nowhere near the same amount of space and ground missions Omega has and that is what devs need to focus on.
    edited December 2012
    Like I said earlier there are 6 DIFFERENT Elite STFs, 6 normals.

And Rom side, there's 5 DIFFERENT zone missions, 4-5 instanced dungeons, a set of doff missions, radiation scanning, and several space missions. But somehow, you still want more. While saying that anyone who wants more Omega stuff shouldn't have it.

(Don't you have to get all the STF optionals to get the top-end ground gear costumes? Or did that change? And need BNPs for the top space gear? So, gotta do ESTFs to get these things, even if you have marks? Or am I mistaken.... )

...and personally, I could care less about "the best gear in the game", or the uniform visuals. I just want those wacky green glowy ship bits that've been paraded around in front of me in every sector since I started leveling my first character. And some Borg engines, so I can get around Sector space faster, and maybe participate in the Galaxy Tour event. But even the Mk X's are 450 marks each. That's a lot of 5-mark Defera ground missions. Compared to how blindingly easy it is to be buried in Rom marks.
    edited December 2012
    None of that stuff gives as much marks as STFs do. I am not asking for an easy way to earn romulan marks like you want to do with omega, I am saying we need a harder but rewarding way to earn romulan marks that is STF level. You should have to do a few elite STFs to get the marks for a borg set. You always had to do it that way before s7 to, either run a few elites and get the EDC for the whole set or lots of normals. 5 or 6 elites even for casual player is just a couple days and you will have the marks. I can make elite STF viable build for less then 1 mil ec, have done that many times with new characters, no reason anyone else cant.
    edited December 2012
    None of that stuff gives as much marks as STFs do. I am not asking for an easy way to earn romulan marks like you want to do with omega, I am saying we need a harder but rewarding way to earn romulan marks that is STF level. You should have to do a few elite STFs to get the marks for a borg set. You always had to do it that way before s7 to, either run a few elites and get the EDC for the whole set or lots of normals. 5 or 6 elites even for casual player is just a couple days and you will have the marks. I can make elite STF viable build for less then 1 mil ec, have done that many times with new characters, no reason anyone else cant.

If I have to do Elite STFs to get Mk XII STF ground sets and various other equipment, which I have, then others should do Epohh Raising and other Romulan content to get Romulan equipment. It is rude to suggest Romulan content should have STFs while completely dismissing other people's suggestions that there should be other ways to get Omega Marks. I have no problem with the current system and I am willing to go through the dreadful grind of Elite STFs, but others have a severe problem with teaming with others.
    No, as much as you would like to think that there is, there is no way you can justify having Mk XII MACO Commando/ honor guard/ omega armor visuals without having earned it in STFs like everyone who has it did. Its supposed to be the hardest armor to get in the game and best unique visuals. Rom rep doesnt give anything like this so its somewhat more understandable that they have a non combat way to get marks. Not that you even need the gear anyway being a non combat player.

Mk XII STF gear requires going through Elite STFs due to the Borg Neural Processors so the maximum a person that doesn't do Elite STFs can get is one Mk XII STF piece due to the reward for getting to Tier 5. So it is possible to get a Mk XII STF piece without even touching an STF. So it is completely possible to have Mk XII MACO Commando/ honor guard/ omega armor visuals without having earned it in STFs. The elite optionals Mk XII uniforms is the "hardest armor to get in the game and best unique visuals." After all, I can do just ISEs to get everything from the Omega Reputation system and that proves absolutely nothing about my skill as an STF player on the ground. It doesn't even show my skill at playing STFs. Now showing off the elite optionals STF gear show that either you have some skill at doing Elite STFs or are able to tag along with a good STF team. Now if there was gear associated with the No Win Scenario, then that would be definite proof of skill since either you have the greatest team in the world and you are tagging along with them or you have skills.
  • quiscustodietquiscustodiet Member Posts: 350
    edited December 2012
    Maybe they're not supposed to be equivalent.
    Yes, Romulan Marks are harder to accumulate by several orders of magnitude, but maybe that's by design.

Not saying that I agree with that design, just playing devil's advocate.
    Some companies keep the players interested by having so much content you couldn't go through it all as fast as it's released, Cryptic achieves the same with timers.
    Got your 60 Romulan Marks? You can't get them anymore today! Enjoy the daily wait! Have fun accumulating 500 for a project!

Oh, and forget about alts!
    Running ESTFs on alts is possible, but trekking all the way to Tau Dewa, doing the daily and trekking back to ESD on several chars takes entirely too long.
    Azure Nebula and the Vault Ensnared give way too little to be justifiable.
    edited December 2012
    Maybe they're not supposed to be equivalent.
    Yes, Romulan Marks are harder to accumulate by several orders of magnitude, but maybe that's by design.

But that's the thing.... Rom marks are trivially easy to get. Just not "A couple hundred within 20 minutes of deciding I want some more, BAM! - 2 ESTFs with my regular awesome crew of fleeties".

So, basically, the ESTF crowd want a Rom equivalent of dilithium "clickies", because they can't be bothered to "put in the effort/time/do the intended content" for them.... .while insisting that anyone who wants Omega marks - has to put in the time/effort/do the intended STF content.
    Not saying that I agree with that design, just playing devil's advocate.
    Some companies keep the players interested by having so much content you couldn't go through it all as fast as it's released, Cryptic achieves the same with timers.
    Got your 60 Romulan Marks? You can't get them anymore today! Enjoy the daily wait! Have fun accumulating 500 for a project!

Oh, and forget about alts!
    Running ESTFs on alts is possible, but trekking all the way to Tau Dewa, doing the daily and trekking back to ESD on several chars takes entirely too long.

...."trekking back to ESD"? Did you forget your transwarp button?

Meh, whatever. Like I said, I've got hundreds and thousands of Rom marks spread among three characters. Admittedly, this has been helped by the winter event, which will soon go away. But it still didn't take much time at all. And I've long stopped doing most of the Rom dailies for them - getting a bunch is EASY. Just, like I said, not 200 within 30 minutes of deciding you want some.
  • natejam101natejam101 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It doesnt matter...they should have a repeatable ELITE ROMULAN STF that awards Romulan Marks instead of Omega...

Keep the ELITE Borg STF's we have now, but come up with a couple new space ELITE Romulan STF style of instances which awards comparable romulan marks (50-100) like the elite borg stf's.

You can sit there for 10 hours and farm well over 1000 omega marks in a day

WE need the same thing for romulan marks...not everyone wants to goto this boring new romulas TRIBBLE and do the stupid dailies and repeat nebula rescue over and over again for 18 marks max...not to mention pray that we get lucky and get into the tholian red alert that is still broke

As it is right now, we can obtain omega marks much quicker and a much larger amount in a day than we can romulan marks..please even this out

I have done all the dailies on new romulas once after i hit tier 5 rep, i have done all the space dailies and the red alert and still can not come close in mark gain like i can omega.

I dont want to goto new romulas anymore, i dont want to do those dailies. I really hope they come up with an elite Romulan group instance that is comparable to elite stf's :)
    edited December 2012
    Depends on playstyle. Some people are rolling in Omega Marks. Some are rolling in Romulan Marks. Although I will mention this about Tier 5 in Romulan. You don't need as much Romulan Marks as you need Omega Marks. There is the Experimental Plasma Beam Array which costs 500 Romulan Marks, the ultra-rare scorpion fighters which costs 240 Romulan Marks, various consumable items which costs 10 Romulan Marks each, then the 2 space sets that are almost identical and some would say worthless. You get 750 Romulan Marks for finishing the last cutscene mission. So trading in an epohh elder and that mission reward would give people enough Romulan Marks for the useful Tier 5 equipment assuming you want 2 ultra-rare scorpion fighters. So we really don't need a Romulan STF. What we do need is easier ways to get Omega Marks since not everyone wants to do tons of elite STFs.
  • natejam101natejam101 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Depends on playstyle. Some people are rolling in Omega Marks. Some are rolling in Romulan Marks. Although I will mention this about Tier 5 in Romulan. You don't need as much Romulan Marks as you need Omega Marks. There is the Experimental Plasma Beam Array which costs 500 Romulan Marks, the ultra-rare scorpion fighters which costs 240 Romulan Marks, various consumable items which costs 10 Romulan Marks each, then the 2 space sets that are almost identical and some would say worthless. You get 750 Romulan Marks for finishing the last cutscene mission. So trading in an epohh elder and that mission reward would give people enough Romulan Marks for the useful Tier 5 equipment assuming you want 2 ultra-rare scorpion fighters. So we really don't need a Romulan STF. What we do need is easier ways to get Omega Marks since not everyone wants to do tons of elite STFs.

The romulan and reman space sets are stil 900 marks for each piece..and alot of the other projects require 500 or more for items..the amount of romulan marks obtained from tedious dailies is not close to on par with that of omega marks not to mention the amount of a players time it takes to complete the ridiculous amount of ground dailies and just having to be on the boring romulas planet. Like I said, not everyone wants to take part in that new romulas stuff..there is variety ground/space for omega, please give us variety ground/elite space for romulan stuff as well.
  • eisenw0lfeisenw0lf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    natejam101 wrote: »
    The romulan and reman space sets are stil 900 marks for each piece..

They cost 750 Marks per item which is fairly reasonable if you have raised a few epohh's and keep the tier 5 bonus of 750 marks in mind.

Still, I agree with the statement that Romulan Marks are generally harder to accumulate. With Romulan Marks there is always some sort of waiting time involved, with both epohh's and the daily, while you can accumulate hundreds of Omega Marks in a single day by just playing a few elite STFs.
    edited December 2012
    eisenw0lf wrote: »
    TStill, I agree with the statement that Romulan Marks are generally harder to accumulate. With Romulan Marks there is always some sort of waiting time involved

So like I said.... they're not harder to accumulate. They're just harder to accumulate NOW.

That's not difficulty. That's patience.

(And this is why I keep having trouble understanding people saying that Rom marks are "harder" to get than Omega marks. Omega marks take a coordinated team, good gear, strategy, and understanding of game concepts. Rom marks just take a bit of time. How the second can be rated as "harder" than the first, boggles my mind.)
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    As I see it. There is really two things to do to get a small stack of romulan marks.
    1. Grind 300 radiationsamples gives 30 marks. It is actually not something that cost you much time.
    2. Epoohs. Breed these suckers and you'll get hundreds of marks. Make it into a routine and follow up on the epoohs daily, and marks will fill up quicker than you can use them. Litterally. (Can only refine 8000 dil...)
    /Floozy
    edited December 2012
    natejam101 wrote: »
    Like I said, not everyone wants to take part in that new romulas stuff..there is variety ground/space for omega, please give us variety ground/elite space for romulan stuff as well.

There is no variety in the Omega system. There are STFs, Borg Red Alerts, or Deferi Invasion. Compare that to Romulan Marks with team based content, red alert, various ground missions, repeatable story missions, radiation scanning, and epohh raising. The only solo content is the easy missions in the Deferi Invasions for Omega Marks. Omega Marks are easy for people that like to team, but is far more tedious for people that only solo. All thats necessary to get enough Romulan Marks to level up each day is do the Tau Dewa Daily every day or two. That is easy solo content while doing it on Deferi would take far too long each day.

If people that despise STFs need to run Elite STFs, then people that despise chasing after bunnies can do Epohh Raising. Only when there are better ways for Omega Marks through solo content should elite Romulan missions should be added.