test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Request: Efficient Trait Boffs that aren't Two Bagger Ugly.

ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Yeah, I went there.

I'm tired of looking at the eyesore crews of Letheans and Saurians I have.

One Female Borg Boff only goes so far.

Why is Efficient only limited to Saurian and Letheans?

While Gorns are no beauties, they do have Efficient as DOFFs - so why not as BOFFs?

What about Vulcans? I could easily see them be justified as Efficient.
Post edited by ussultimatum on

Comments

• sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    IDIC
    And those Letheans mothers think they are handsome
    Live long and Prosper
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You don't like the Hannibal Lechter look ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • celillarnoncelillarnon Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    How about instead they give every boff (or at least every blue/purple boff) a space trait? It'd be nice to see some variety. Maybe Accurate boffs? Or Elusive boffs?
  • ssargonssargon Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    How about instead they give every boff (or at least every blue/purple boff) a space trait? It'd be nice to see some variety. Maybe Accurate boffs? Or Elusive boffs?

This would be even better, making races actually mean something.
  • lasoniolasonio Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    you guys do know iyou are the most efficient with 2 eff boffs right? 5 is no different then 3-4 so it is best to have 2 for the 1 to each system and 4-5 give only 2. So instead you could get a borg, another eff boff and 3 of any other race you want, like human.

I do agree each race needs a space trait i mean even klinks should have some sorta space ability of not like crit or acc or something since they are a space race as well. Why are humans the the only factions with a space trait not even Vulcans have one and they have been a part of space travel for like ever right...

More space traits!

wait... then i'd have to justify the millions i spent to make an aesthetically pleasing and talented bridge... dam...
    Even god rested. No work ethic.
  • elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yeah, I went there.

I'm tired of looking at the eyesore crews of Letheans and Saurians I have.

One Female Borg Boff only goes so far.

Why is Efficient only limited to Saurian and Letheans?

While Gorns are no beauties, they do have Efficient as DOFFs - so why not as BOFFs?

What about Vulcans? I could easily see them be justified as Efficient.

Speak for yourself ;(
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • quiscustodietquiscustodiet Member Posts: 350
    edited December 2012
    At the very least, some Aliens could spawn with Efficient, Leadership or even both on some!
    Those would obviously become very expensive very fast.
  • lasoniolasonio Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    most def, or atleast allow us a chance to do a mission to genetically create an alien or two, how awesome would that be!

I would literally pay top dollar for the ability to genetically alter my boffs to have the skills I want them to have! (Drools) heck i'd pay 10-20 per! I hope you money grubbers hear me over there in pwe, you know you can smell the zen!
    Even god rested. No work ethic.
  • ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012

It would definitely be nice to see more space traits for BOFFs, and for that matter our Captains as well.

Personally I would love to see a full trait revamp, and I'd much prefer captains get something like 6 to 8 traits, but have that number be split evenly between both ground and space traits (so say, 3 space and 3 ground traits).

That would give better leeway to canon races and some of their mandatory ground traits not interfering with their allotment of space traits.

Speak for yourself ;(

Fair enough, to each his or her own. ;)
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I would love to see some more BOs have Efficiency. I agree with the argument that if non-Saurian/Leathan DOffs can be Efficient, why can't similarly raced BOs have the trait?

At the very least, I'd like to see the Efficient trait to some Aliens BOs.

Likewise, I'd vote for more Space Traits (Accurate, Elusive, etc.) appearing on BOs.
    lasonio wrote: »
    you guys do know iyou are the most efficient with 2 eff boffs right? 5 is no different then 3-4 so it is best to have 2 for the 1 to each system and 4-5 give only 2. So instead you could get a borg, another eff boff and 3 of any other race you want, like human...
    Not true. In the Attack Default Power Setting (or any other mix of 100, 50, 25, 25 power levels) each Efficient BO adds about +1.72 power to your system. Granted, that's spread +0.35 to you 50 setting and +0.70 to each of your 25 settings, but it's still there.

And while the UI rounds down, and doesn't display the fractions of power, they are reflected in the Cryptic math that affects your Abilities. Example: An Aux to SIF will heal more HP if you have 3 vs 2 BOs and are running with at Aux 70 or less. It's ain't much, but it is there.

Details:
    Setting/Display/Actual
    1 Efficient BO:
    100/100/100
    50/50/50.35
    25/25/25.70
    25/25/25.70

2 EBOs:
    100/100/100
    50/50/50.70
    25/26/26.41
    25/26/26.41

3 EBOs:
    100/100/100
    50/51/51.05
    25/27/27.11
    25/27/27.11

4 EBOs:
    100/100/100
    50/51/51.41
    25/27/27.81
    25/27/27.81

5 EBOs:
    100/100/100
    50/51/51.76
    25/28/28.52
    25/28/28.52

Note: These bonuses stack with Captain Traits and Skills.

For more information, check out my Ship Power Calculator.

:cool:

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • swankypanceswankypance Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I fully support this. Need some prettier efficient boffs.
  • catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Can you have more than oen liberated borg engineer per ship out of curiosity? I already have one, and I certainly wouldn't mind picking up more from the zen store (better than those ugly saurians) but I don't want to buy one for 500 zen only to find out there is a max of one per captain.
  • tcostiktcostik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Only one at a time. Read the description in the Z-Store. It specifically says you can only have one per character, and won't be able to open a box containing one if you already have one.
  • dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    In my opinion every race should have slight chance to get any trait, and specific race could have this chance higher for specific trait.

No one would tell me that with billions humans/vulcans/bolians/etc. there isn't any who is eficent/worrior/etc.
  • drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I would like to see each BOFF race have one race-specific passive trait which they have a good chance to get (humans for leadership, for example or Scientific Aptitude for Vulcans boosting sensor scan, maybe, so of immense value to sci captains) and for there to be random passives which each race has a 1% chance to get.
    It would really shake the exchange up, not to mention peoples' builds, if their BOFF choices weren't limited to Saurians and Humans (or Letheans) if they choose to min/max their builds.
    I know people like to have Andorians, Ferengi and Bajorans in their ship crews for aesthetics and RP reasons but to have a bigger impact on ship performance would be of immense value in the long run.
    Aliens should have a random chance of ANY trait and a smaller chance of a second.
    I'm not saying the passives should be space based exclusively. I like to ground missions too so a passive which boosted energy weapons (Bajorans maybe with some kind of Improvise trait) would be welcome too.
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    We are having a new trait system in May, perhaps this will also extend to bridge officers.
    EnYn9p9.jpg