test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hailing frequencies open:

adjudicatorhawkadjudicatorhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Ten Forward
Greetings, Captains!

My name is Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton - you can call me Hawk for short, if you prefer. :) Some of you may know me as Arbiter Hawk from Paragon Studios, where I was a Systems Designer on City of Heroes for the past two years.

I hail you now from the Systems Design team here on STO, working on exciting new powers, enemies, items, ships, and more! I've been reading various threads in the forums about your wants and hopes for the game, but I figured it was time to stop lurking and come join the conversation - so feel free to use this thread to talk about enemy groups you really enjoy fighting, ships you love seeing, or just a greeting if you want. I won't be able to reply to everyone, but I'll be reading all your input, and I look forward to meeting you all.

Signing off for now,

-Adjudicator Hawk
Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
Twitter: @JeffAHamilton
Post edited by adjudicatorhawk on

Comments

• zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hello new/old dev!

That is all
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hello and welcome
    We are not all as crazed as we seem

Promise
    Live long and Prosper
  • mattmiraclemattmiracle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Welcome aboard Hawk!
    Matt Miracle

Fleet Commander in Chief [Rank 7] for Covenant of Honor; a FED T5 Starbase
    House Leader [Rank 7] for Honorable House of Mor'gue; a KDF T3 Starbase
    Find us at CovenantofHonor.com.  My Twitter handle; @jmattmiracle
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Guess there was one good thing that came out of City of Heroes being shut down. Good devs will help other MMOs that I play. Although, my impression of the last few issues of City of Heroes was that it was getting really good with the story content and it was a tragedy that it got shut down.
  • commanderandercommanderander Member Posts: 78 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2012
    Greetings, Captains!

My name is Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton - you can call me Hawk for short, if you prefer. :) Some of you may know me as Arbiter Hawk from Paragon Studios, where I was a Systems Designer on City of Heroes for the past two years.

I hail you now from the Systems Design team here on STO, working on exciting new powers, enemies, items, ships, and more! I've been reading various threads in the forums about your wants and hopes for the game, but I figured it was time to stop lurking and come join the conversation - so feel free to use this thread to talk about enemy groups you really enjoy fighting, ships you love seeing, or just a greeting if you want. I won't be able to reply to everyone, but I'll be reading all your input, and I look forward to meeting you all.

Signing off for now,

-Adjudicator Hawk

Shut down all communications. Set the red alert. FIRE!
    Sean "Commander Ander" McCann - Content Designer
  • corethlcorethl Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Glad to see you landed here, Hawk. Keep your personal shields handy-you may need them!
  • jhunjhun Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hawkward...
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    All 18% will return fire!

Holy TRIBBLE they targeted our weapons with another nerf and put the rest of the stuff we have in lockboxes for the feds!
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hey hawk, welcome to STO!

Its great to have another dev on our side... hopefully you won't give us any POW! or ZAPS! in the game... :D
  • cmdrfreckles82cmdrfreckles82 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Arbiter Hawk! Good to see another CoH refugee in these parts.
  • obertheromulanobertheromulan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    working on exciting new powers, enemies, items, ships, and more!k

Now that sounds great. :)

Welcome!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vornek@oberlerchner123 - Join Date: July 2008
  • cowkiller75cowkiller75 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    back in the start of the game there was talk about a little game called POKER it would be nice to see it in game....

so welcome to sto.... and please poker would be nice..
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    *I look back at the crows of 10F regulars behind me and whipser "Fresh meat!"*

Ahem, welcome.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    welcome! please push the tier 4 passive fix as soon as possible please, so pvp is playable again.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hello and welcome! So you're responsible of genocides, aka the unending waves of mobs we are facing? :D

My favourite enemies are the Romulans in space because they're the toughest the game has. The borg are too easy since endgame has been nerfed so many times. I like romulans and tholians on ground too for the same reason. They offer the greatest challenges and spawn mines like crazy!
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Greetings and Felicitations!

Welcome to the team. I think you'll find working on the STO team both challenging and rewarding. :)
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    working on exciting new powers, enemies, items, ships, and more!

Uh oH, I hope you're not confined to the limited imagination of federation trek canon school.
    :D

Welcome to the danger zone.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • kingdoxykingdoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Welcome to the team, alot of us really really like this game and are glad so many updates have been made since launch. Best of luck and I hope your work is found enjoyable by all.

And Hey Guys, lets try not to scare this Dev away like we usually do.
  • meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    A new Systems Designer is most definitely welcome. The previous one hasn't exactly been doing a great job. It could only get better.
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Greetings, Captains!

Signing off for now,

-Adjudicator Hawk

The last time someone called "Hawk" worked with anything Star Trek, he was assimilated by the Borg (Lieutenant Hawk was the Enterprise-E's helmsman in Star Trek: First Contact, he was assimilated in the Deflector Dish scene). When you make your avatar, you should use him. XD If you need a source, Memory Alpha is your friend.

I never played CoH, unfortunately. But, I heard it was great, aside from almost being Cryptic's first MMO. I was still sad to see it go, but at least the devs still have jobs. CoH went from Cryptic, and after it ends, its devs come to Cryptic. It's... almost ironic. CoH was loved for a reason, so I expect great things from you. Welcome to the team, can't wait to see your handiwork!
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hailing signal received and reciprocated:

"Greetings Adjudicator Hawk, welcome to Star Trek Online!"

:cool:

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Greetings, Captains!

Signing off for now,

-Adjudicator Hawk

Well, this was meant to be a short post...

Hi and welcome to you Hawk. You've asked me to talk about enemies and ships that I enjoy fighting. I'd like instead to talk about enemies and ships that I'd like to add to the Foundry missions that I make for STO.

Your first reaction is probably something along the lines of "I have nothing to do with the Foundry," and that is probably true. But, here is the situation in a nutshell: When the Foundry was developed for STO, there was a coordinated effort to put STO things into it, such as enemies, ships, props, and environments. Then, the entire operation moved to NW.

Now, there is basically a big disconnect between the STO team that makes content for the game and Foundry authors who have really been the only source of new story content for well over a year and a half, give or take a few exceptions.

Major shifts in dev goals happened that further isolated the Foundry.

Long story short, our Foundry community enjoys making content for this game, but we need stuff from the other teams. However, the other teams have shifting priorities and almost no time to give us new enemies, new ships, new environments and particularly new assets. We are lucky if a few of the sets that were made for featured episodes finally make their way into the foundry.

It's the same story with other stuff. For example, we've been asking for 2 years for a transporter pad prop. But, instead we have to make them ourselves out of platforms and Klingon barrels. There are dozens and dozens of already made transporter pads in this game, and we can't get anyone from any team to add it our list of usable props.

Other long-term requests include: a flat primitive textured as a seamless floor or ceiling.

It's the same with almost every new ship, new species, and new enemy. So much of what has been added to the game by other teams, from TOS costumes to Tholians were never added for Foundry authors. There have been some recent exceptions, but they are few and far between.

So... I'm not really sure what you do there, and it probably has nothing to do with the Foundry. But if there is anything, and I mean anything that you or your team does, from an environmental sound effect, to a mob, to a costume, to a set, or a prop, or an emote... please do anything that you can to facilitate that the Foundry benefits from whatever your team is designing.

We need the support of other teams. Let the players also show off your work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Greetings, Captains!

I've been reading various threads in the forums about your wants and hopes for the game, but I figured it was time to stop lurking and come join the conversation - so feel free to use this thread to talk about enemy groups you really enjoy fighting, ships you love seeing, or just a greeting if you want. I won't be able to reply to everyone, but I'll be reading all your input, and I look forward to meeting you all.

Signing off for now,

-Adjudicator Hawk

Fantastic. How big of a PDF can you receive? I have 320 gigabytes of suggestions, feedback, minor improvements and simple tweaks that I would love to see in game. Shouldn't take more than a couple of patches to get most of it in and operational.
  • eklinaareklinaar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Greetings, Captains!

Signing off for now,

-Adjudicator Hawk

Welcome to STO!

For starters, I particularly enjoy fighting Romulans and Tholians in space. I think they're the most interesting and challenging enemy groups. They use a lot of CC abilities and I have to be on my toes to successfully counter them. Most other groups I can beat pretty easily. So, if you're making new groups, definitely take a look at them to see what makes for challenging content.
  • deyvidkdfdeyvidkdf Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Greetings! Welcome to the Team & Community!

I look forward to enjoying the fruits of your efforts on the various systems and items. I intend to post & reply more often on the forums, and share more feedback and ideas.

It's always great to see devs being visible and engaging the community.

wa' Dol nIvDaq matay'DI' maQap.
    We succeed together in a greater whole.
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Welcome aboard Hawk! The return of the retro Gorn skins, Voyager warship, playable Dominion faction, remastered TWoK uniforms with all of the ranks, the Future Imperfect Comm Badge, and a ton of bug fixes would be what it will take to get me playing again!
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • qutothqutoth Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    >so feel free to use this thread to talk about enemy groups you really enjoy fighting,
    As a Klingon player, I want to be able to fight other klingon factions at least in the foundry. The Duras are as cowardly as their romulan keepers!

>ships you love seeing,
    Traditional ships as seen in TV shows. Getting tired of seeing yet another exotic ship that is from yet another fringe species being the hot new drop-box ship of the quarter. Some alts will fly the breen ship but it's a perfect example of a ship that makes the game feel much less trek like (as they become more and more common)

>or just a greeting if you want.
    Code/Design long and prosper. \\//_

Path to 2409: Martok made the definitive statement of the Klingon Empire's view of the Romulan Star Empire in 2388. "
    The Klingons will offer no treaty, no aid, and no hand that is not holding a blade"
  • desdinova216desdinova216 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Welcome to the Jungle? Hawkward. I was one of the ones who came over here after the End of CoH, before i heard you were coming just because of Our old dear friend Dr. Aeon. I just hope you can do something to make ground missions interesting.

---Coh Global was @desi nova--
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Welcome to hell. :D

Since you asked, would it be possible to create a new Vesta class battleship NPC? It's a really cool ship and fighting it would be awesome.

Also, some unique Reman NPC ships would be awesome as well. They seem a bit cut-and-paste right now.

Okay, I'll stop there. :P
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • hotstuff1701hotstuff1701 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Welcome aboard!

:-)