test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Interesting that this News is on the CO Forums but not on the STO Forums

crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,100 Arc User
Interesting that this News is on the CO Forums (and on gtheir Dev Tracker); but not on the STO Forums:

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=2751631&postcount=1
Topic: # 1 Account Linking Required

We've announced it before, but just to emphasize: Today is the cutover from separate Cryptic and PWE accounts to having just PWE accounts. You can learn more in our blog post from last week, but spread the word, because today is the cutover.

Today is also the last day to claim your account linking promo item. You'll have until we start the cutover -- which should begin around 1 PM Pacific -- to claim your gift.

If you have any questions, please post them here. I'll be checking the forums periodically for anything.
^^^
So, if you haven't linked your Cryptic account to a PWE account, and can't log into the game, this is most likely the reason.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• josephdridgewayjosephdridgeway Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
    The Armada
    Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
    Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 924 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Quite within the realm of possibility that the powers that be found the post about the linking promotion ending and the end of "optional" linking to be sufficient and a reminder to be redundant, given that not much time had passed between then and now.

ROLL TIDE ROLL
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Um, yeah, this is OLD news....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • wunjeewunjee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    So, what if you haven't linked your accounts yet?

My girlfriend hasn't logged into STO in well over a year and I know she doesn't have a linked PW and Cryptic account, but I know she wouldn't want to lose her STO account either..
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2012
    wunjee wrote: »

My girlfriend hasn't logged into STO in well over a year and I know she doesn't have a linked PW and Cryptic account, but I know she wouldn't want to lose her STO account either..

She wont lose her account, she just wont be able to use the forums or log into the game until she's linked her account to a PWE account.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 924 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    wunjee wrote: »

Just means she'll have to link her account to a PW account before she can play.

ROLL TIDE ROLL
  • rustiswordzrustiswordz Member Posts: 824 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I already have A PWE account. I never had a cryptic account. Does this mean I lose out on the promotion?
    Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo... :D
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I already have A PWE account. I never had a cryptic account. Does this mean I lose out on the promotion?

To be honest, you're not going to miss much - I think the only thing worth mentioning is the 5K Dilithium, and even that is too measely of a gift, at least its free.

In regards to your question, I am assuming you are playing STO through your PWE account, if thats the case than I have to say there is no reward.

This is because PWE is pushing for Non-PWE players (Like me) to link up and be exposed to the trash they offer in regards to their F2P games.

The gifts are a nice way of saying join us while there is still time, until they jack everyone up against the wall and force them to convert, Communist style.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • paulymanpaulyman Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    this linking thing has been going on for a very long time... if you have not been worried about it all these months and never claimed your prize thats your issue. if your sisters boyfriends roommate's girlfriends nephew has an account that has not been played in years most likely they are not coming back anyway and are only making conversation with you because they dont want to talk about the booger hanging out of your nose.

this has been posted in the forums and we were told about it when account linking began. it is not any big secret. just another case of somebody with nothing better to do than push the panic button and try to start drama... get back under your bridge please we are not going to feed you.