test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do you think that a Cool down Reset Commodity would work in STO?

erraberrab Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
In my time away from playing STO I jumped over to DCUO and liked it enough to buy a membership there.

One of the things that I've noticed at DCUO is that they found some pretty interesting ways to encourage their players to invest more RL money into the game by offering replay badges that would clear all content cool downs so if you were willing to pay you could run your preferred content and get your full rewards each time whenever you wanted.

Bear in mind that you could play the content over there has much has you wanted but you become loot locked upon your 1st completion of the content and cannot earn anymore items from boss drops.

I find myself wondering could such a system be applied someway into STO to bypass the cool down system.

Here are a few examples of where I think a reset commodity might be useful:

The Dilithium refinement cap system

Daily events

Doff Assignment cool downs

I know that the 2 MMO's are quite different but if STO offered a pay item that let you clear the cool downs on all available content do you think players would use it?

The more I think about it the less sense it makes for STO; however, I'll throw this out there and see where it goes.

Thanks for your time!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by errab on

Comments

• kdawgenigmakdawgenigma Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I do not see this benefiting this game. It's too money/in game currency driven as is and would only get worse.

-Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
    -I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
    I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
    -The actions of Cryptic, on the other hand......
  • quiscustodietquiscustodiet Member Posts: 350
    edited December 2012
    I'll never understand players asking for more p2w. I just never will.
  • atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Stupid is universal.
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.