test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Romulan Singularity Harness...so what's the deal?

jamesdaxjamesdax Member Posts: 159 Arc User
So then, the plasma array and torpedo launcher that are part of this set. Are they unique?
Can you use more then one? Or do the powers that have effect all of your plasma arrays/torpedos?
Post edited by jamesdax on

Comments

• weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    If they're part of a set they're most likely one-per-ship (same as the Kinetic Cutting Beam).
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • jamesdaxjamesdax Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yeah, that's what I figured but then if I have this set on a cruiser with say 6 arrays and 2 torpedo launchers do all of my arrays and both launchers benefit?
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Only if they deal Plasma Damage so if all your weapons are Romulan and/or Plasma, then they will benefit. There is a bonus to Electro-Plasma systems so that will affect Emergency Power to Weapons, but there is no other benefit to other weapons from the set bonuses.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Think about what it'll take to fully outfit a ship this way though. 6 arrays, 2 torps, and the console, thats 4500 marks alone. 150 runs of Vault Ensnared. Ouch.
  • ungratefuldead88ungratefuldead88 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Or 9 epohhs, although that's more than a month of dailies even if you're diligent.
  • alexhurlbutalexhurlbut Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I find it amusing that they're ignoring the fact that romulan warships in canon used disruptor for their main energy weapon type and not pure plasma.
  • assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I find it amusing that they're ignoring the fact that romulan warships in canon used disruptor for their main energy weapon type and not pure plasma.

They are not ignoring it. That's what the Romulan NPCs are using. Why we get plasma is anyone's guess. Maybe they didn't want to give Klingons their native weapons so the Feddies would feel shafted.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The ones we get are all plasma disruptor hybrids.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    they will work like the other sets that are in the lobi store, and the omega gear.

there will be one special torp and there will be one special disrupter to go with the console.

there are other normal weapons that you can unlock that wont be part of the set.
    edited December 2012
    Not sure about ship weapons since I don't deal with Mk XI Store Unlocks, but the Romulan Ground Weapons are Plasma Weapons with the Disruptor proc added onto it. So it is a plasma disruptor hybrid, but not completely since it doesn't deal disruptor and plasma damage.
  • darimunddarimund Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    do we know for sure that the beam array will be unique equipped? (IE 1 per ship)
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2012
    darimund wrote: »
    do we know for sure that the beam array will be unique equipped? (IE 1 per ship)

Any item that is part of a set must be Max Equip 1 in order to function properly. Otherwise you could equip 3 of the same Beam Array (e.g.) in order to receive the 3-piece bonus.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
    edited December 2012
    they will work like the other sets that are in the lobi store, and the omega gear.

there will be one special torp and there will be one special disrupter to go with the console.

there are other normal weapons that you can unlock that wont be part of the set.

Yes I believe we all understand this. What I'm trying to ascertain is if the Experimental Romulan Plasma Beam Array and the Romulan Hyper-Plasma Torpedo Launcher have any special properties themselves outside of just being part of this set. And if they do then do those properties extend to all my Romulan Plasma Beam Arrays and Romulan Plasma Torpedo Launchers. If they don't in of in themselves have any special properties then I would assume they would be equal to the other Romulan Plasma weapons.
  • darimunddarimund Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Any item that is part of a set must be Max Equip 1 in order to function properly. Otherwise you could equip 3 of the same Beam Array (e.g.) in order to receive the 3-piece bonus.

can you provide some stats for the romulan gear? since we can't see it till we finish t4
    edited December 2012
    jamesdax wrote: »
    Yes I believe we all understand this. What I'm trying to ascertain is if the Experimental Romulan Plasma Beam Array and the Romulan Hyper-Plasma Torpedo Launcher have any special properties themselves outside of just being part of this set. And if they do then do those properties extend to all my Romulan Plasma Beam Arrays and Romulan Plasma Torpedo Launchers. If they don't in of in themselves have any special properties then I would assume they would be equal to the other Romulan Plasma weapons.

Plasma Hyperflux is the 3 set piece bonus and makes Experimental Romulan Plasma Beam Array enter into a special firing mode so I assume something like Beam Overload just for it and it has a 2 minute cooldown. There is no special properties given to other Romulan Weapons aside from the Plasma Damage bonus.
    edited December 2012
    starkaos wrote: »
    Plasma Hyperflux is the 3 set piece bonus and makes Experimental Romulan Plasma Beam Array enter into a special firing mode so I assume something like Beam Overload just for it and it has a 2 minute cooldown. There is no special properties given to other Romulan Weapons aside from the Plasma Damage bonus.

So out of my 6 to 8 beams only one gets this bonus? Seems kind of pointless to me. But I guess beam overload only effects one beam so maybe not. Anyway, I will be able to see for myself by the end of the year.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    starkaos wrote: »
    Only if they deal Plasma Damage so if all your weapons are Romulan and/or Plasma, then they will benefit. There is a bonus to Electro-Plasma systems so that will affect Emergency Power to Weapons, but there is no other benefit to other weapons from the set bonuses.

I can see a combo of the Romulan Console Set/Romulan Advanced Set/Assimilated Console set being killer. Lots of plasma. Decent Torpedo damage.
  • quiscustodietquiscustodiet Member Posts: 350
    edited December 2012

I understand that's how you have it set up, but it wouldn't've been that hard to code it otherwise, mate.
    Note, I don't particularly want to equip several, I just hate to see this cop-out used.
  • savingjsavingj Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Has anyone been able to confirm that the Romulan weapons do not apply to the 15%~20% damage reduction to STF space shields? Please no generalizations, an actual test that can prove it does or does not.