test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Add more Omega Marks to Ground STFs

brokenmirror2012brokenmirror2012 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Add more marks to the ground stfs.

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET A TEAM.
What are the incentives to do ground....
Same Dil
Same drops
HARDER then Space
Longer
So ground gives u less Marks to time.

Marks should be increasedby 20 for the IGE/CGE/KAGE and increased by 50 for Hive Ground.
Also hive space should get 30 more marks.

Hive ground is the hardest stf in STO. It should have rewards to match.

OR:

Readdo the whole tech thing...

When u reach T5 to get a Mk XII set you will need: Current rewards +20x Req

Doing a ground/Space elite stf will give 1 Req. Infected for shield/Psg req, Cure for engine/shield, KA for Deflector/armor. Now there woudl be a 100% chance for thsi to drop.

What will hive give?
Hive will give 2 universal reqs which can be used for any thing (space/ground exclusive) that way ur forced to play a minimum of 10 ground sets for a set piece at XII. forcing ppl to run 30 ground stfs is better then them not running at all...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by brokenmirror2012 on

Comments

• thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I don't thing the marks are supposed to be the reward.

If you like Ground missions, then you play ground missions.

Otherwise play Space missions.

The rewards are fine the way they are.
  • maliusnightmaliusnight Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I do think the OP has a good point, I'm not sure more marks are the solution, the reality is (and I should say I love the ground Missions, and I loving playing the ground content in STO) but the fact is that they do take longer and supply less reward then space. When i say less reward I don't mean in terms of O-Marks, ground is already worth more O-Marks, but from the stand point of drops, ground drops are Not worth as much a space drops, you don't consoles, you don't get engines or deflectors on the ground. Yes there is the point that 30ish days in people will need complete all the optionals to unlock the advanced armor costumes, but I do think discussing this seriously and trying to find an answer is a good idea.

What about adding EC drops to ground? Say 100k ec boxes at the end of runs? You get 2 or 3 deflector drops in space and you have 100k pretty easily.
    edited December 2012
    An Example:

I Love Space missions.

Not so ground missions.

Therefore I think they should increase the rewards for Space missions mostly because that's all I play.

Also, ALL STFs go on an hour cooldown from selection so regardless of how long it takes, if it's under an hour you are Golden. :)
    edited December 2012
    An Example:

I Love Space missions.

Not so ground missions.

Therefore I think they should increase the rewards for Space missions mostly because that's all I play.

Also, ALL STFs go on an hour cooldown from selection so regardless of how long it takes, if it's under an hour you are Golden. :)

Your point doesn't really hold water Thlay. Is there any trouble getting a Space stf group? Obviously not. You might have trouble finding a group that can get optional if your pugging, but odds are you won't fail.

The same cannot be said for ground. You won't get the queue to launch let alone complete the mission. Thusly it is clear the space is doing just fine. Adding something to encourage folks to play ground, is well within the
    ability of the devs and makes good sense for everyone.

If you only like space you have no interest in this thread at all, so why are you posting in it? More ground rewards won't hurt or space stfs any, in fact it will only help you and space by getting more people to run stfs.
  • edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    45 billions marks will never make people play them just because marks are not a reward.People (humans) see as reward the thingy you get after you did something or the possibility to get something with realistic chances.Marks are not a reward ,not even dilithium is not a reward because those are things easy to get from grinding.

the only way to make ground stfs played again is to add something unique to each of them.Not even purple loot wont make them more played.
    edited December 2012
    adrianm63 wrote: »
    45 billions marks will never make people play them just because marks are not a reward.People (humans) see as reward the thingy you get after you did something or the possibility to get something with realistic chances.Marks are not a reward ,not even dilithium is not a reward because those are things easy to get from grinding.

the only way to make ground stfs played again is to add something unique to each of them.Not even purple loot wont make them more played.

Enough EC will make them play more.
    edited December 2012
    Enough EC will make them play more.

nope .It will only create a inflation on the market so you keys for example will worth more just because now you have more ec in game.Nothing will change ,only the prices .

if they cant invent something unique for each ground or space stf then they will have to remove them from pve menu and keep ISE because thats what is played now and will be till stfs give or have a chance to give something .The lockbox system but without keys.
    edited December 2012
    adrianm63 wrote: »
    nope .It will only create a inflation on the market so you keys for example will worth more just because now you have more ec in game.Nothing will change ,only the prices .

Nope. Making ground give an equal amount of EC relative to the amount of time spent, will not negatively impact the economy. It will simply help encourage players to play all the content.
    edited December 2012
    Nope. Making ground give an equal amount of EC relative to the amount of time spent, will not negatively impact the economy. It will simply help encourage players to play all the content.

You probably dont know that people grind ISE for marks than play KASE or CSE.Starbase 24 gives purple consoles and weapons...you dont see many poeple doing it because people want to improve their toons ,are not after ec or marks .

remember that not only you will get more ec.Everyone will get more ec thus your ec wont value more than what they are worth now.Less loot for ec will only remove some zeroes from prices on exchange.

and I wont even look at them for ec.I have my ways of making ec without playing any mission or episode or spending zen.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    An Example:

I Love Space missions.

Not so ground missions.

That makes no sense though.

More rewards should be attached to things more people dislike to entice to people to do them.

If space is more popular, ground needs a boost in rewards.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2012
    Ground STFs award more marks than space STFs (I believe I ran KAGE during the rep hour, and with all optionals, earned 134 OMs).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • alastorforthrighalastorforthrigh Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    KAGE already gives a significant amount of Marks, Without the bonus objective I think it gives 90, with the bonus in the reputation hour it gives 134. KAGE is the only STF I've run since Season 7 went live save one run of Hive Onslaught Elite (This needs a better acronym...) with Bug Ship Brandon here and I have hundreds of Marks not counting the ones I got from my Omega crate. And yes I pug.
    2qTOAB3.gif
  • kevaldtkevaldt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You can add 1 million omega marks to ground stfs and I still wont touch them with a 50 foot pole.

now, replacing all the dilitium you just sucked out of the game may make me run a ground, but you wont do that.
    [SIGPIC]InGame - @Darth_Tauri[/SIGPIC]
    Joined - 9/2011
    "You Best Make Peace With Your Dear & Fluffy Lord" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • brokenmirror2012brokenmirror2012 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Ground STFs award more marks than space STFs (I believe I ran KAGE during the rep hour, and with all optionals, earned 134 OMs).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Brandon im saying Add more. To get a premade for a ground stf is harder then the actual STF. Took me 2 hours trying to get a team for Hive ground elite, because no one plays it because Mark:time Dil:Time reward:time is very very very bad.

Marks can be the start of making ppl play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I ran g ka elite ground over 100 but only 75 in space

space elite is harder should be same as ground being prject get more costly
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yes you already get 90 without the event, and 112 for the completion of a ground stf during the bonus hour. I think it's a fair deal. :D
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • xantrisxantris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I don't think difficulty has much to do with it, I just don't think very many folks like ground combat. The only way to get people to do them is to force them by adding unique rewards, such as the previous ground Mk XII ground armor.

I can see doing them just as many times as it takes to get the optionals to unlock the costumes, and I'll never touch them after that... Regardless of how many marks they award.

It's more of a problem with the combat engine than anything.
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Marks are ok, maybe could use a slight boost, I think ground loot needs to vendor for a higher value compared to what space loot vendors for.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited December 2012
    forcing people to do ground is not wise.. we already get pugs that show up in EV suits and bail as soon as the optional is blown..
    we dont need more people doing what they dont like to do..

although OP has a point.. ground is more expensive to gear up for and takes longer to complete missions.. and you might not win ground. for example, i have had to quit many ground stfs cause people just leave at the end.

you dont really get any rewards for ground except OM and some DIl.. which you can get other ways easier.

maybe have a guaranteed v.rare drop at the end for everyone. something along the lines of those tholian boxes..

maybe some special ground only obtained armor/shield/weapons that you can only get though ground stfs..

something that would be entirely optional to get but a nice reward for those that want to do grounds.
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
    edited December 2012
    Your point doesn't really hold water Thlay. Is there any trouble getting a Space stf group? Obviously not. You might have trouble finding a group that can get optional if your pugging, but odds are you won't fail.

The same cannot be said for ground. You won't get the queue to launch let alone complete the mission. Thusly it is clear the space is doing just fine. Adding something to encourage folks to play ground, is well within the
    ability of the devs and makes good sense for everyone.

If you only like space you have no interest in this thread at all, so why are you posting in it? More ground rewards won't hurt or space stfs any, in fact it will only help you and space by getting more people to run stfs.

I'm posting in this thread because I don't believe that ground should get a boost in rewards just because most people don't want to play it as proven by the deserted ques.

If something can be boosted because someone else wants it to be, why can't the things I want also be boosted?

Again they both have an hour cool down so no bonus for time spent.
    edited December 2012
    I'm posting in this thread because I don't believe that ground should get a boost in rewards just because most people don't want to play it as proven by the deserted ques.

If something can be boosted because someone else wants it to be, why can't the things I want also be boosted?

You don't buff somethings loot b/c its working as intended, you buff something when its needs to be fixed. Ground isn't being played there for its not working as intended. There for it needs buffing. Do you follow?

What does
    that mean to you? I don't think I understand what your trying to say.

Brandon, yes ground does get more O-Marks, but it doesn't reward at anything like the same rate for time expended. Thus it is ignored, that cannot be working as intended.
  • brokenmirror2012brokenmirror2012 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Ok So...

I do Infected Ground Elite and Hive ground elite
    Its been an hour.
    I do Infected, Cure, and KA space, AND Onslaught its been an hour.

IGE= 20m-35m
    CGE= 25m-40m
    KAGE=20m-35m
    ITHE=35m-50m
    ISE=7m-18m
    CSE=12m-20m
    KASE=12m-30m
    Onslaught Elite=30m-45m

U can run 3 Space stfs and them rerun them on a cycle. However u can only run 2 ground stfs in an hour. Therefore COoldowns are invalid.

Once i beat the 3 space stfs in 35minutes. Which gives me an extra 25 minutes to do whatever i want before i reroll.

But it takes an hour to do 2 ground stfs. If ur intention is to grind. Why would u do ground? It takes longer, and u can get a better Space STF cycle. To geta team capable of grinding ground stfs at this rate is near impossible. But anyone can grind the 4 space stfs every hour cycling (The vast majority of players couldnt dream of doing all 4 ground stfs in an hour)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2012
    You can't expect them to just make a bigger carrot when people just don't play these missions as often for whatever reason.

Why would you do ground? I wouldn't do it even if it rewarded 10X the marks.

The missions need to be fixed, made more interesting or scrapped.
    edited December 2012
    You can't expect them to just make a bigger carrot when people just don't play these missions as often for whatever reason.

Why would you do ground? I wouldn't do it even if it rewarded 10X the marks.

The missions need to be fixed, made more interesting or scrapped.

The fact that you wouldn't do ground missions regardless of reward just clearly shows you have no place in this conversation. We aren't going ever ask you to do ground Thlay, but why make us do space all the time?

I run and lead a lot of STFs and I get groans whenever i take many of these teams on to ground. When I ask why. They say b/c we can get more in space faster. There will be folks who just don't like ground, and thats fine. Now they never have to play ground if they don't want to.

But there are many, many more people who would play ground if the rewards were commiserate with the time involved.
  • quiscustodietquiscustodiet Member Posts: 350
    edited December 2012
    A large portion of the playerbase doesn't like ground, which leads to shortage in ground teams.

2 possible "solutions":
    1. Make ground more fun.
    2. Artificially incentivise ground over space, which Cryptic has been doing since S6.

(2) is the easy solution, (1) is the right solution.
    Don't encourage them to force more and more players towards an activity they don't enjoy.
    edited December 2012
    A large portion of the playerbase doesn't like ground, which leads to shortage in ground teams.

2 possible "solutions":
    1. Make ground more fun.
    2. Artificially incentivise ground over space, which Cryptic has been doing since S6.

(2) is the easy solution, (1) is the right solution.
    Don't encourage them to force more and more players towards an activity they don't enjoy.

No one is asking the devs to force anyone to do anything they don't want. That is simply untrue and insulting. We just ask that players be rewarded equally for time spent. Have you noticed that space item sell for more, and I don't mean on the exchange, I mean if you take a ground drop and vendor it vs a space drop and vendor it, which one is going to give you more EC?

Space players should always be free to ignore ground, but shouldn't ground players be free to ignore space?
    edited December 2012
    I'll try one more time.

I don't see the logic in boosting one aspect of the STFs over the other.

If they boost the ground STFs, then they need to equally boost the Space.

Just because someone likes ground over Space doesn't give them the right to shut down my opinion on the matter.

The thread is about adding more Omega marks to just the ground portion, which I am posting in because I think that would be unfair to those of us who like Space.

Try seeing it from my side for once:

"I think they should boost Omega marks for Space missions because everyone plays them."

Biased as I am, I see that would be unfair.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Why should they boost the reward for something people enjoy?

Fair is subjecting players to pain or discomfort and then rewarding them proportionate to the discomfort they experienced. It's not about benefit. It's about compensation.
    edited December 2012
    I'll try one more time.

I don't see the logic in boosting one aspect of the STFs over the other.

Just because someone likes ground over Space doesn't give them the right to shut down my opinion on the matter.

The thread is about adding more Omega marks to just the ground portion, which I am posting in because I think that would be unfair to those of us who like Space.

Try seeing it from my side for once:

"I think they should boost Omega marks for Space missions because everyone plays them."

So we are agree that one side should not be more rewarded then other, I'm glad to hear that. But then I don't follow why you do not seem to grasp that space is the side that is more rewarded at this time. Thus the imbalance.

Note no one is asking for them to nerf space, simply to buff ground.