test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Elite Fleet Space Weapons

john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
My fleet will be beginning the push to Tier 5 soon. To inform our decision on which category to push to tier 5 I have a few questions for the devs as to what to expect from the tier 5 engineering elite fleet space weapons.

1. Elite fleet space weapons are still in Tier 5 Engineering, and the text on the gui for the has been removed in error, correct?

2. Assuming they are still in the game are they going to be available in all energy damage types or restricted to just phaser like the elite ground weapons were?

Given the cost of purchasing purple mk xii energy damage consoles I hope you will make them available for all damage types, especially given that most people do not use phasers and therefor won't have the consoles for that damage type.

Either way if we can get an answer to these 2 questions you can avoid allot of the disappointment and anger that came from the phaser only surprise of elite ground weapons.
Post edited by john98837 on

Comments

• Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited November 2012
    I made sure I had 5 26.2 consoles per character
    After looking at the same thing

I think I know what elite space weapons will
    Be........ Phasers just like ground weapons

I hope I'm wrong but I prepared for the worst
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hmm, well, first, congrats on getting to that point to look at going towards tier 5. I'd guess you have tier 4 across the board on your SB?

Honestly though, something else to worry about isnt' so much the energy type restriction, but also possibly weapon type restrictions. It may be we might only see turrets, DCs, SCs, and beam arrays potentially, along with only torpedo launchers for photons and quantums only.

Could be wrong of course, but something to keep in mind. There could be one heck of a disappointing end to all this at the long long road to tier 5 to find very little.

Though the same could be said for the other two areas.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    jellico1 wrote: »
    I made sure I had 5 26.2 consoles per character
    After looking at the same thing

I think I know what elite space weapons will
    Be........ Phasers just like ground weapons

I hope I'm wrong but I prepared for the worst

Yeah XI blue consoles aren't so bad, but dropping down from 5 purple xii consoles (30%) to 5 xi blues would be a big dps drop off, and almost certainly make the elite weapons not worth using.
    mimey2 wrote: »
    Hmm, well, first, congrats on getting to that point to look at going towards tier 5. I'd guess you have tier 4 across the board on your SB?

Honestly though, something else to worry about isnt' so much the energy type restriction, but also possibly weapon type restrictions. It may be we might only see turrets, DCs, SCs, and beam arrays potentially, along with only torpedo launchers for photons and quantums only.

Could be wrong of course, but something to keep in mind. There could be one heck of a disappointing end to all this at the long long road to tier 5 to find very little.

Though the same could be said for the other two areas.

Thanks, we have Tier 4 Engineering done, tier 4 starbase upgrade finishes and the shipyard starts tomorrow.

Thats a good point, hadn't even considered weapon type restrictions on top of energy type. Hopefully someone will respond and give us some details as to what to expect. Atleast with the tier 5 shipyard we know exactly what to expect so there will be no disappointment.
  • Options
    skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    mimey2 wrote: »

I was extremely disappointed I couldn't get Elite Fleet Dual Pistols for my Fed Tac.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I was too about the limited weapon selection on elite gear. Best to bring that thought up now though, even if we might forget it in 3 months.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
  • Options
    romuzariiromuzarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Perhaps they just put it off for sometime in the future when people are nearing the point of getting them, then they were all like, oh, someone is there, maybe we should work on that now. Nah we're still busy with blank. Okay then when will we finish starbases? I-I don't know.

Why do I feel this is going to turn into another "it's not a priority we'll finish it whenever" thing? Surely they did not set out to restrict choices after all the trouble they went through with starbases. It seems like anything else in this game that gets put on the backburner. So like what was the point of starbases if they will remain in this state? Did the profits stop rolling in due to most fleets grinding to a halt so they turned their attention elsewhere? I sure hope it's not going to become another KDF situation. They're probably more concerned getting casual players to tier 5 so they can sell ship modules.

I haven't been around long enough to earn the right to say this, but everyone that has been I am certain would say, status quo as usual for Cryptic.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The Elite ground weapons didn't add anything revolutionary like a 5th modifier (I had expected a 5th modifier). Its not likely space weapons will be any different.

Swapping one of the [Dmg] mods for a rare change of minor shield heal was not, in my opinion, worthy of being called Elite, or representative of the two more tiers of starbase development needed to buy them.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Hopefully now that the weekend is over we can get some details on what to expect.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Come on guys can't we get some simple answers here as to what to expect.
  • Options
    archoncrypticarchoncryptic Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    john98837 wrote: »
    My fleet will be beginning the push to Tier 5 soon. To inform our decision on which category to push to tier 5 I have a few questions for the devs as to what to expect from the tier 5 engineering elite fleet space weapons.

1. Elite fleet space weapons are still in Tier 5 Engineering, and the text on the gui for the has been removed in error, correct?

2. Assuming they are still in the game are they going to be available in all energy damage types or restricted to just phaser like the elite ground weapons were?

Given the cost of purchasing purple mk xii energy damage consoles I hope you will make them available for all damage types, especially given that most people do not use phasers and therefor won't have the consoles for that damage type.

Either way if we can get an answer to these 2 questions you can avoid allot of the disappointment and anger that came from the phaser only surprise of elite ground weapons.

1. The weapons have not been moved or removed that I'm aware of. I will check to see why they might be missing from the UI.

2. Only Phasers are available for the Federation and Disruptors are available for KDF. All the standard space weapon types (i.e. turrets, cannons, beams, etc.) are available.

These are intended to thematically represent the latest advancements in Fed and KDF technology. High end weapons for other energy types are intended to be available through other reward systems.

I expect we will probably add more rewards to the Fleet system at a later date, but it's too early to say whether or not the new rewards will include more damage types for Fleet Weapons.
  • Options
    jam062307jam062307 Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    1. The weapons have not been moved or removed that I'm aware of. I will check to see why they might be missing from the UI.

2. Only Phasers are available for the Federation and Disruptors are available for KDF. All the standard space weapon types (i.e. turrets, cannons, beams, etc.) are available.

These are intended to thematically represent the latest advancements in Fed and KDF technology. High end weapons for other energy types are intended to be available through other reward systems.

I expect we will probably add more rewards to the Fleet system at a later date, but it's too early to say whether or not the new rewards will include more damage types for Fleet Weapons.

If only phaser is being offered for elite, why are we able to purchase all energy types for advanced fleet weapons?
    STOP THE
    tacofangs wrote: »
    We planned on doing it next weekend, but then we saw your post and were like, "Dude, we should totally move that up a week! Tee Hee!"
  • Options
    sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    just ground phaser probally won't see till season 8
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Disappointing news, but glad to know it now rather than after pushing to T5 engineer. Thanks for responding.
  • Options
    archoncrypticarchoncryptic Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    jam062307 wrote: »
    If only phaser is being offered for elite, why are we able to purchase all energy types for advanced fleet weapons?

The Elite weapons are built to have specific procs that are thematically appropriate for Federation and KDF technology. These procs would not be appropriate for the other energy weapon types.
  • Options
    ceekayzeroceekayzero Member Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The Elite weapons are built to have specific procs that are thematically appropriate for Federation and KDF technology. These procs would not be appropriate for the other energy weapon types.

Can you tell us what the special procs are, and what the normal (i.e. ACC, DMG, etc.) procs are?

Thanks.
  • Options
    naldorannaldoran Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Any chance you could share the stats or modifiers for them? The PvP'ers among the playerbase would like to know if they're available with [acc] modifiers or not, since weapons without [acc]x2 or x3 aren't really usable in PvP.
    12th Fleet | Sad Pandas | Starfleet M.A.C.O.
  • Options
    lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited November 2012

Good to know, no reason to develop t5 engineering then since i don't use either phaser or disruptors.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Going to revive my request for 29th century hand phaser with the SDisrupt proc since its signature ability in the episode it was used was to disintegrate things, including large things. Well, that and it seemed to do pretty well being fired backwards out of an 18 wheeler.

The current version seems PvP focused and as far as I know, any PvE uses people have found were classed as exploits.
  • Options
    kalanikalani Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Shouldn't this be one of those times where fun should trump cannon. That's a whole lot of time and effort for something I'm not going to be able to use and I'm confident many other people wont either. Some peoples builds are actually harmed with the use of phasers its not just that the are just not improved but they would be better with a bland weapon with no special proc. As much work as is involved in building these bases there needs to be something for everyone at the end of each holding.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    magniacapramagniacapra Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If they have [dmg]x3 modifiers I'm not sure why anyone actually cares?
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If they have [dmg]x3 modifiers I'm not sure why anyone actually cares?
    Following the same pattern as the ground weapons, they would presumably have [Dmg]x2, your choice of [Acc], [CrtD] or [CrtH] as with advanced weapons and a special unique proc that remains to be seen.

Unless that special proc turns out to be some kind of game-breaker, I certainly don't care.
  • Options
    darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited November 2012

If that is the case and the Elite equipment is supposed to be the very latest and best tech the UFP/KDF have produced. Why then, do they not come with ground and space unique visuals like the Omega, M.A.C.O. and Honor Guard have? :confused:
  • Options
    odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    john98837 wrote: »

Most people don't use phaser? You're wrong about that.
  • Options
    canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    darkenzedd wrote: »
    If that is the case and the Elite equipment is supposed to be the very latest and best tech the UFP/KDF have produced. Why then, do they not come with ground and space unique visuals like the Omega, M.A.C.O. and Honor Guard have? :confused:

Are you talking about body armor and/or shields/engines/deflectors? Because I know the Elite Fleet ground weapons do have unique visuals.
  • Options
    magniacapramagniacapra Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    darkenzedd wrote: »

Well [dmg] modifers are the most useless ones in the game, having at least 1 makes them worse than purple mk xii's, so this whole notion of them being the most advanced weapons per faction can't be taken seriously by anyone.
  • Options
    caramba3caramba3 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Have using for one month on different account on different fleet, that have the elite fleet ground gear with the Phaser Pulse Assualt rifle.

They came with a good health/shield healing buff. Puls wave rifle give me with the fleet academy event killing the klingons with my tact buffs one shot kills.

With my older account of different fleet still using the adv fleet gear and antiproton pulse rifle. Those kills are still with buffs two shots kills.

And about the elite space guns that was in the begin when the season 6 started written in the Tiers. After few patches later the text was gone. Why I don't know, it was not written in the patch notes that it was removed.

only the DEv's can answer this . But they are to busy with the next patch I think thats overdue
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    By the way, Archon, can you look at the rest of the Starbase UI? There are one or two other areas missing, I believe in science somewhere, the text just up and left. I think tier 3 science is where it is.
  • Options
    darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited November 2012
    canis36 wrote: »
    Are you talking about body armor and/or shields/engines/deflectors? Because I know the Elite Fleet ground weapons do have unique visuals.

Oh I know, I have a wide beam phaser from the elite store. I meant the other elite equipment like you said.
    The elite gear from the starbase is supposed to match or best the stf gear (as per devs statement), so they should also come with unique visuals to match as well...
  • Options
    lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited November 2012
    Don't worry, the Elite Fleet Engines are also less useful then the advanced fleet engines.
  • Options
    quiscustodietquiscustodiet Member Posts: 350
    edited November 2012
    Don't worry, the Elite Fleet Engines are also less useful then the advanced fleet engines.

In what way?
    (genuinely asking, not counter-arguing: my Fleet doesn't have Tier 4 yet and ever since the Borg change, I've been using the Advanced Fleet Engines on 1 char)