test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why does

bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
Fire at Will have a 20 second global cooldown when cannon rapid fire, scatter volley, and beam overload have 15 second global cooldowns and the cannon abilities are mostly superior to it?

This just annoys me to no end.
Post edited by bareel on

Comments

• bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The fix seems fairly self explanatory. Make the BFAW gcd 15 as well.

Though those extra 5 seconds may be because BFAW is nearly a 360 degree attack?
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    bitemepwe wrote: »

But is there or was there ever a reason for this?
  • oldkirkfanoldkirkfan Member Posts: 1,263 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    bitemepwe wrote: »

Though those extra 5 seconds may be because BFAW is nearly a 360 degree attack?

Nope. This is Cryptic remember. They'll raise the other to 20 second cds
    edited November 2012
    bareel wrote: »
    But is there or was there ever a reason for this?

No idea. I never noticed the gcd before.

R.I.P
    edited November 2012
    oldkirkfan wrote: »
    Nope. This is Cryptic remember. They'll raise the other to 20 second cds

/ chuckle

Likely

R.I.P
  • fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Another problem I have with FAW is the fact it shares a cooldown with Target Subsystems. I see FAW as a defensive abillity against incoming fighters and/or torpedoes. So it should always be ready to use. Target Subsystems are offensive abillities in my view.

I like Target Weapons, because if you cannot fire and I can, you go kapputt, but at the same time I am gimping my defense by locking out FAW.
  • xantrisxantris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    fovrel wrote: »
    Another problem I have with FAW is the fact it shares a cooldown with Target Subsystems. I see FAW as a defensive abillity against incoming fighters and/or torpedoes. So it should always be ready to use. Target Subsystems are offensive abillities in my view.

I like Target Weapons, because if you cannot fire and I can, you go kapputt, but at the same time I am gimping my defense by locking out FAW.

They're both very offensive in nature.
  • quiscustodietquiscustodiet Member Posts: 350
    edited November 2012
    Never noticed it either, but indeed, it should be brought in line to 15 so you can cycle 2 copies.

The Subsystem Targetting abilities should just not be specific to beams, but work with all Energy weapons.
    This would fix:
    - The shared cooldown with BO/BFAW. They should only share it between themselves.
    - The useless Ensign on some 'scorts.
    - The "Vesta dilemma": Aux DHCs vs at least 1 DBB for subsystems. I know the Vesta is already quite strong, but Subsystem Targetting is hardly a gamebreaker.
  • bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Never noticed it either, but indeed, it should be brought in line to 15 so you can cycle 2 copies.

The Subsystem Targetting abilities should just not be specific to beams, but work with all Energy weapons.
    This would fix:
    - The shared cooldown with BO/BFAW. They should only share it between themselves.
    - The useless Ensign on some 'scorts.
    - The "Vesta dilemma": Aux DHCs vs at least 1 DBB for subsystems. I know the Vesta is already quite strong, but Subsystem Targetting is hardly a gamebreaker.

I don't think the game engine could handle that although I could be wrong. I don't think 2 abilities can effect a weapon at the same time so if your fire at will or rapid fire was active it might go bug out crazy with that change.