test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion: Earned Dilithium Bonus for LTS & Subscribers

ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
We've yet to see any significant progress made on adding value to players willing to give money for the LTS/Subscriber benefits.

I have one suggestion, and that would be to grant an earned dilithium bonus of 25% for content completed while actively subscribed to the game or with a LTS account.

This would not allow a Sub/LTS to earn more refined dilithium per day on any one character, the refined Dilithium cap would still be 8k.

The difference is that as a subscriber you would be getting a perk of time convenience for your subscription dollars.

Example:

Player A is a current subscriber.

They complete Mission 1, which normally grants 1000 dilithium.

As a subscriber, they earn a bonus of 25% extra dilithium - so this mission grants them 1,250 dilithium.

This means the subscriber would need to do less content to earn their daily cap of 8,000 dilithium, freeing them to enjoy other content faster - thus it is a time convenience for paid support to the game.

Player A decides to cancel their subscription for a time, during this unsubscribed period they lose the +25% earned dilithium bonus on mission content an would receive 1,000 dilithium from completing Mission 1 above.
Post edited by ussultimatum on

Comments

• johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    +1 From this guy!

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    /signed Excellent idea!
    Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
  • duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    +1

nice idea
  • tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Please try and refrain from +1'ing threads guys.

If you can't post a full comment it may not be necessary to post.

In my thoughts though I approve of the concept, but I feel that 25% is a bit too much, maybe 5 or 10% would be more realistic to ask for?
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    tobar26th wrote: »

In my thoughts though I approve of the concept, but I feel that 25% is a bit too much, maybe 5 or 10% would be more realistic to ask for?

Quick question in regards to this: As I have seen no rule in the ToS about not being allowed to "+1" things (lets call it that for the sake of simplicity), what would be a appropriate "I support this suggestion, but can't add more" response to let the people in charge know that it's not just one person thinking it's a good idea?

Obviously this should be brought into daylight, to simplify and enhance forum experience, and to avoid people getting tempted to simply "+1'ing"?

Also, help me understand the the specific paragraph that is against it... I am a "need to understand" kind of guy.

Thanks

yea... 25% may be over the top, but 5-10% dosen't even make a diffrence really... perhaps 15%?

150 extra dosen't get you a Zen, but gets you 2/3'd there, where 250t would get you all the way.

So that "almost there" feeling should help?

What I think may be slightly more difficult in this, is the practical implemntation that is going to be a b*tch.
    There would need to be some sort of array that stores / reads the entire time, wich might make for some sluggishness to and from the servers.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    As someone who has been paying and playing since Beta, I would definitely appreciate a bonus like that. I could actually spend more time working on PvP'ing or earning Fleet Marks.
  • chi1701dchi1701d Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    anazonda wrote: »
    Quick question in regards to this: As I have seen no rule in the ToS about not being allowed to "+1" things (lets call it that for the sake of simplicity), what would be a appropriate "I support this suggestion, but can't add more" response to let the people in charge know that it's not just one person thinking it's a good idea?

Obviously this should be brought into daylight, to simplify and enhance forum experience, and to avoid people getting tempted to simply "+1'ing"?

Also, help me understand the the specific paragraph that is against it... I am a "need to understand" kind of guy.

Thanks

yea... 25% may be over the top, but 5-10% dosen't even make a diffrence really... perhaps 15%?

150 extra dosen't get you a Zen, but gets you 2/3'd there, where 250t would get you all the way.

What I think may be slightly more difficult in this, is the practical implemntation that is going to be a b*tch.
    There would need to be some sort of array that stores / reads the entire time, wich might make for some sluggishness to and from the servers.

Think the +1 could be seen as a "bump" style response. Giving a reason would indicate that you have read, understood and to add further discussion to the thread, 1+ doesnt add to the thread.

OT, 15% would be a nice bonus giving incentive to go gold or lts. Though being able to buy gold membership with zen would be interesting concept, similar to how they work it with eve-online.
  • hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It might be worth considering. At the prices they're listed at, I very much doubt Cryptic is selling a lot of the progress booster type items they've got up on the Z-store. Only they would know exactly how few. (But it's not like in this game anyone actually needs an XP boost, is it?)

Making those things innate to a subscription might sell a few more subs. And dilithium definately would do the most to entice people, as the other boosters are only really useful during the short time you're leveling, and cease to be after that. I suspect, though, that active LTSes currently outnumber active monthly subs. So whether enough new people might be enticed into signing up by something like this to make it seem, to Cryptic, like not just something they're giving away to LTSers with no real return to them, I couldn't guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I +1 this primarily because this game seriously lacks any reason to really pay for gold over going free to play and just paying the C-store. It's kind of a slap in the face of people still paying subs that they're getting really no benefits that can't be bought in the C-store, of which the vet rewards are now included by buying a life time. There should definitely be more of a benefit provided to gold over silvers even if it's just little things like a bonus to dilithium, or a cost discount to spending ingame money. DCUO has lock boxes as well but they allow their paying subbers to open them for free, which would be a nice touch here an d in champions online. The stippend is a nice touch, but with the raised cost of things it really doesn't seems like it's as much of a bonus any more, especially with how little we're getting out of most of the items against how much they cost.
  • darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I agree with this suggestion. It's awesome.

I also think adding a +1 is a great way to show support. It shows that the idea is popular without people saying the same thing ad nauseum.

Hell, I'm not going to give this idea +1, I'm giving it +3!!!
    edited November 2012

Thanks

In answer? :)

That was more of a 'Tobar the player' not 'Tobar the Mod' response to be fair. +1's don't give useful feedback on how to implement, discussion as to why an idea is good/bad/ugly helps feedback further to Devs. Devs like to know why we think what we do.

But yeah, as someone said, with my 'Tobar the Mod' head on it'd be a bit bumpy/petitiony - I think I'd be inclined to say it fell under the spamming paragraph of
    Numbering of a thread, IBTL, TLDR, etc.
    I guess, but yeah, didn't moderate just my personal 'may not represent PWE' type feedback :)
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    good idea but will never happen :(
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited November 2012

but its a +1 idea

any devs reading this thread ? make it so!

+1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'd be content with even a %10 bonus, honestly. %25 would be fantastic.

I support this idea.
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    960 (the "advertised" Season 7 Elite STF reward) + 25% = 1200. 8.3 E-STFs down to 6.67 E-STFs (so a savings of 1 2/3rd E-STFs/Day). In light of this, I'd say it's not that bad of a request. (aka +1)
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Never start that low when you're hoping to negotiate! :P

Just kidding, in all honesty I think 25% is probably the right area.

This is something you'd want as an incentive for people so sub, in a game where there is really no incentive to sub over the long term.

This doesn't create a dilithium earning disparity as the refining cap still stays the same as a silver - it doesn't give gold/LTS more buying power in the Cstore.

What it does do, is it means a Gold/LTS can hit their 8k refining cap after doing enough content that would normally generate 6,400 dilithium.

5% on the other hand, to use the extreme low you gave, means that a Gold/LTS needs to earn about 7,650 before they hit their 8k cap after adding in the bonus.

It becomes a fairly tiny perk at that point, and I'm not convinced a large enough incentive.
  • supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I would like this. I, for one, don't want to have to do Breen dailies over and over to fill my requirements for...
    EVERYTHING.
  • mikearoomikearoo Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This is a great idea, and easy to implement, the changes comming in season 7 are telling us there is a problem. Adding a 10-25% bonus on top of dilithium rewards would get more people subbed for sure. That would free up time for other endevors, as has been brought up, like pvp and Fleet events.
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I like your idea, and support it, with only two thoughts I want to bring up:

1. It might help dilithium farmers a LOT. Mostly the Contraband turning in ones. They'd only have to do a Contraband turn in 3 times a day, because 2,000 x 25% is 500 dil, so 2,500 three times a day is 7,500, or nearly the same amount of dil as doing it four times a day normally as we have it now.

2. It'd have to essentially come with a promise, that they wouldn't cut dil rewards across the board for ALL things because of this 'dilithium interest' we'd get, just to help sell subs and Life times. That'd MAJORLY tick off I'd say the whole game.

As an example, take the Lore daily. It stands now at giving 480 dil if you get it correct. With the 25% bonus, that would become 600. Quite nice, but if they 'cut' all dil rewards, say lowering it to 400, the 25% bonus would up that to 500, still more than it is even now, but at the cost of it being lowered in the first place.

I'd rather have no bonus being given like that, if it meant a slash of rewards for everything, 8k limit or not, especially if they did it under the reasoning of 'hurting dil farmers', through the Contraband method as mentioned above.

So I'd love it if your idea got put in, but those two things above are what worry me the most.

As a seperate thought:

Make it related to vet reward? Maybe at 100 days you'd get like 5%, 200 would be 10%, and so on? A lifer would still have the instant access to 25% though.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
    edited November 2012
    Never start that low when you're hoping to negotiate! :P

This is why I play a Bolian not a Ferengi :(
    Mimey wrote:
    Make it related to vet reward? Maybe at 100 days you'd get like 5%, 200 would be 10%, and so on? A lifer would still have the instant access to 25% though.

This may be the best idea yet...
  • martin1970giesenmartin1970giesen Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Nowing Cryptic, if they will do it, you will get 5 extra dilitium and that is every 20 hours
    Keybind: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9355971&postcount=463
    Bone1970 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
    Bone Trader don't belief in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
    Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng.
    Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
  • gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This is why I play a Bolian not a Ferengi :(

Ferengi are actually quite fun IMO, the bonus 20% discount at EC stores is nice as well. I've had mine since before season 2 myself :)

On the topic tho...

I'd rather see the bonus being given to active subs and LTS...

Making it a vet reward would only help for a short time, once people have the perm 25%. They would simply unsub from the game, having it require a sub or LTS would provide long term incentive.

My opinion may be biased since I'm a LTS and either way I'd get the bonus if its added.
  • sussethraisussethrai Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hook the timer to the same counter that gives you Veteran rewards, and make it tiered:
    Silver subscribers get +5%
    Gold subscribers get +10%
    LTS get +15%
    Rewards kick in after 100 days of being active, and reset if you drop.

This means you have to be a paid subscriber for at least 3 months before you get the benefits, which will keep people from immediately running up rewards. Otherwise , it would be a nice perk, especially for those of us who have been in since Beta and are finding the Zen rewards -- unrewarding.
    "Susse-thrai" had been the name bestowed upon her, half in anger, half in affection, by her old crew on Bloodwing; the keen-nosed, cranky, wily old she-beast, never less dangerous than when you thought her defenseless, and always growing new teeth far back in her throat to replace the old ones broken in biting out the last foe's heart.
    Romulans: left one homeworld, lost another, third time's the charm?
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'd rather see a small increase in refining pr day. I already make enough dil (one character) what ennoys me a little is the limit of refining. Especially considering doffing-prices. I haven't upgraded/downgraded a single doff since mid-S6. It is getting to me. :rolleyes:
    /Floozy
  • bladeofkahlessbladeofkahless Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I like the OP's idea.
    slightly minimizing the time sinks for LTS makes sense.
    Since the only money Cryptic/PWE is going to get from us at this point, is from the Z-store, not subs.
    Seeing as we can buy zen with dil, maybe it's not the most ideal way though, for Cryptic... financially speaking.

Perhaps 10-15%% bonus marks (of all types) instead?
    Maybe the same percentage reduction on cooldowns for rep and doff missions?

It's me, Chrome. [Join Date: May 2009]

"Oh, I may be captain by rank... but I never wanted to be anything else but an engineer." ~Montgomery Scott~
  • quiscustodietquiscustodiet Member Posts: 350
    edited December 2012

How about nothing? The popularity of a suggestion has no bearing on its quality.
    If you have nothing to add, then don't.
  • firstcavarmyvetfirstcavarmyvet Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    +1 here as well.
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Why not think about something a bit more unique than just simply "moar dilithium"?

We already have automated refinement, a higher refinement cap and 500 free Zen each month (which currently translates into ~50k refined dilithium), bonus dilithium would just add to that pile.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    They should some how tie it into the value of the Dilithium/Zen market...

Say when one Zen is worth 300 or less Dilithium, Golds & LTS' would get a 5% bonus.

... 351 to 450 would earn a 10% bonus and when ever it's over 451 it would be a 15% bonus.

This would have the effect of placing another player induced control over the market (thus, making the "Cryptic IS Fudging The Market" complaint essentially moot), and also possibly give more players a reason to dabble in the market.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • sussethraisussethrai Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I understand that "+1" doesn't really add to the thread/conversation, but how else would you have us indicate we agree with the OP? Cryptic doesn't allow a "thumbs up" or "like" poll yet.
    "Susse-thrai" had been the name bestowed upon her, half in anger, half in affection, by her old crew on Bloodwing; the keen-nosed, cranky, wily old she-beast, never less dangerous than when you thought her defenseless, and always growing new teeth far back in her throat to replace the old ones broken in biting out the last foe's heart.
    Romulans: left one homeworld, lost another, third time's the charm?