test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STF [borg] weapons broken

lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=435211

Wheres the rage ?

The weapons proc [borg] isn't doing what is supposed to, the weapons are being removed from the STF store come S7, and being redesigned to work against the borg- at additional price and more grinding.

So... those mk12 purple weapons are actually mk12 blues, and nothing from the devs about fixing them or replacing them for players who already own them. You want working anti-borg weapons, you have to buy them (again) from the rep system store.

So nobody but me is bothered by this ?
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead
giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Post edited by lordmalak1 on

Comments

• squishkinsquishkin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    lordmalak1 wrote: »

Wheres the rage ?

The weapons proc [borg] isn't doing what is supposed to, the weapons are being removed from the STF store come S7, and being redesigned to work against the borg- at additional price and more grinding.

So... those mk12 purple weapons are actually mk12 blues, and nothing from the devs about fixing them or replacing them for players who already own them. You want working anti-borg weapons, you have to buy them (again) from the rep system store.

Uh, I think you misread what's happening there, because that's not how I took it.

I read it this way:
    1. The [Borg] proc doesn't work, and has never worked.
    2. Weapons with the [Borg] proc are being removed from the STF store. They will not be replaced.
    3. All currently existing [Borg] weapons will continue to exist (unclear whether the proc will be removed, fixed, or ignored).
    4. Instead, once you hit T4 Omega reputation, one of the potential abilities is a new proc that behaves like the Borg proc- and applies to any weapon on your ship.

You won't have to buy new weapons; all your old weapons will work exactly like they've always worked. Nothing is being taken away from you, other than the potential to buy new copies of the [Borg] weapons.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    More accurately, it didn't work as designed, if/when it worked at all. For Season 7, it was redesigned as the T4 passive Kinetic proc. With slotting it into an ability slot, we no longer needed to sell the items.

I took it as meaning, by redesign the borg proc would be replaced as a kinetic proc that wont be available until the ability is earned,

...so it won't actually be: "all your old weapons will work exactly like they've always worked".
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

edited November 2012
    I took it as meaning, by redesign the borg proc would be replaced as a kinetic proc that wont be available until the ability is earned,

...so it won't actually be: "all your old weapons will work exactly like they've always worked".

..except the original proc didn't work.

So yes, the "proc that didn't work" is going to be 'replaced' by another proc at T4 Omega Rep.

But you aren't losing anything since it didn't work in the first place.
  • elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Wheres the rage ?

If your asking if it is is kind of annoying that they knew that the proc didn't work (for how long.. who knows), but said nothing about it, letting people WASTE thier proto salvages on blue gear dressed as purple gear?

Yeah, a bit.

Would be nice for a replacement gear or something, but meh, i'll likely keep the mxii defective borg weapons on my ships that have them.

This certainly feels like a 'we shall fix the decloak when contacted by mission message.. lolnvm working as intended' move again though, bleh.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    the procs worked......its just an extra 1000 rad damage...instant, not DoT....so how did it NOT work??? im always hitting that extra 1k damage against borg across all the stfs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • mb52mb52 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Your torpedoes are.. but the proc doesn't work on energy weapons.. I think?
    edited November 2012
    IF the [borg] proc doesn't work against the borg how is the new proc expected to be any more reliable ?

Are the borg being tweeked to ensure the new proc works as intended, and will that completely kill the old one that kinda/sometimes worked ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

edited November 2012
    Just the way it's framed seems to be that the new proc is totally different from the old one.
  • nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The problem with the old borg proc is that it only affects borg. When bad devs copy/paste BoPs, raptors or other ships, or just plain set up some ships incorrectly the borg flag didn't get added so the borg proc only worked sometimes. It did work, you can see it fire off in combat logs and parsers catch it.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think they're waiting to see if no one complains about it and then do nothing at all if they can.

I like Borticus saying he knew it wasn't working well and admitting the dev team did nothing for months at least, so it's unlikely this policy of "don't do it if you can" changes. :D
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
    edited November 2012
    diogene0 wrote: »
    I think they're waiting to see if no one complains about it and then do nothing at all if they can.

I like Borticus saying he knew it wasn't working well and admitting the dev team did nothing for months at least, so it's unlikely this policy of "don't do it if you can" changes. :D

Months ?

Also interesting, I just noticed this thread was moved from STO:general discussions to tribble general. Is it being buried ?
    :confused:
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited November 2012
    Angry, the devs have no idea how mad I and a lot of my fleetmates are that the last year grinding and gearing up with Mk12 weapons was for nothing. They are in effect worthless...

They can either make the [Borg] proc work correctly like proper devs would, or refund everyone 10 borg neural processors for every piece of Mk12 Borg weapon on our ships, either would be preferable.....

Regrinding through the sham that is the rep system to get back what we already should own. is not in any sense of the word, okay!
    edited November 2012
    darkenzedd wrote: »
    Angry, the devs have no idea how mad I and a lot of my fleetmates are that the last year grinding and gearing up with Mk12 weapons was for nothing. They are in effect worthless...

They can either make the [Borg] proc work correctly like proper devs would, or refund everyone 10 borg neural processors for every piece of Mk12 Borg weapon on our ships, either would be preferable.....

Regrinding through the sham that is the rep system to get back what we already should own. is not in any sense of the word, okay!

just mk 12 huh? what about the players who have mk X and MK XI?

lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited November 2012
    cynder2012 wrote: »
    just mk 12 huh? what about the players who have mk X and MK XI?

lol

I of course should have generalized, but Mk12 were a lot harder to get ;)
  • carl103carl103 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Mate if you've ever used a parser you'd know that against at least 75% of the borg out there the proc works exactly as described. I belive Donatra and the Klingon ships in CSE are the only one's it didn;t work against. And the new proc is going to work because, wait for it, it's not borg specific. It happens with every shot against every opponnent. With no race chack in the formuale it can't TRIBBLE up like the borg proc did.

Yes it would be nice to be able to trade the old stuff in and i'm REALLY upset about the whole no loot drops, (becuase this is going to make gearing infinetly harder too), but you didn't waste anything getting those weapons, they're stil the best thing to use against borg, just not quite as good as maybe everyone thought.
    edited November 2012
    darkenzedd wrote: »
    I of course should have generalized, but Mk12 were a lot harder to get ;)

hehe yeah..i know what you meant :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • flekhflekh Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    carl103 wrote: »
    Mate if you've ever used a parser you'd know that against at least 75% of the borg out there the proc works exactly as described. I belive Donatra and the Klingon ships in CSE are the only one's it didn;t work against. And the new proc is going to work because, wait for it, it's not borg specific. It happens with every shot against every opponnent. With no race chack in the formuale it can't TRIBBLE up like the borg proc did.

Mate, if you'd ever used a parser you'd know that the [borg] proc made up about 2-4% of your total dps over an average STF. :P
    Far from what the tooltip promised.
    But also quite in line with every other mod (which usually end up at 1-2%), actually quite good even - at least in STFs.

So while it wasn't "working as intended", it was definately WORKING. And it was definately worth using [borg] weapons for STFs - and still is, even compared to fleet weapons, the damage difference is marginal.

What I'm more surprised about though is that this wasn't common knowledge. :confused:
  • carl103carl103 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well of course not, AFRAIK the borg proc dosen't scale with weapons power or consles. So whilst it might add 75DPS on paper per weapon to a roughly 350-400 base DPS, in practise it's +75DPS to 1000DPS or more. It's still here and it still helps a fair bit, but it's not as OMG as maybe it first looked.

Point is it did actually do damage, unlike hat was being claimed.
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    What it comes down to is this.
    "Nerf the old gear, and make the vet STFers grind for the(New, and Improved) gear."
    For a price.:mad:
  • elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    diogene0 wrote: »

not sure this is true,

The Cloak bug was complained about,
    The Transporter officer on Qonos mixing up destinations IS being complained about
    The T4 Maurading Boff-non costume is being complained about

And none of this have yet been fixed, one has even been called 'working as planned'

then again this would bring the old kdf hate cry ^^

basically even if things get complained about... dont hold your hopes up. Its sad really :o
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

I think we're all raged out, and the dev replies have slowed down quite a bit as we get closer to S7.

Unfortunately there are just too many things that are really not in the state they should be in, and I'm actually a little burnt out hoping even half of them will get changed - which they most likely won't.
  • bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The best part is the 'fix' is a simple text edit.

[Borg] 1,000 damage against TRUE(ORIGINAL/OTHER) Borg

Bam, working as intended and described. Donotra, Raptors, etc are not true/original borg they are assimilated ships and the weapon is not supposed to proc against them anyway and the devs can tell us to go pound salt. Whatever that means.
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well in all fairness they did change the dil policy from the reputation system !

I think it's also a question of what can we live with versus spending resources adding to the game.

But I will agree the cloak bug made me not care about having a cloak at all and the whole watered down kling side is sort of its own worst enemy.
    I didn't realize it until I rolled a kling and decided I wanted a new outfit and went on the c-store :D

At the end of the day people were still able to beat stf so it's not like game breaking an I think that's the things that get priority
  • domjotdomjot Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So if they are removing {Borg} weapons cause the npc's aren't flagged correctly as Borg.
    Then what about Dlyrene does he not work right either then?
  • starkymanstarkyman Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    lets just face it they work on they greed and not what needs fixin they just see us as cash points holes in the wall they don't really care about us just money...
  • oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    starkyman wrote: »
    lets just face it they work on they greed and not what needs fixin they just see us as cash points holes in the wall they don't really care about us just money...

Your Tag say "Can't make a living off greed"

I wish that were true.. but appantly you most certainly can if you got a willing bunch of customers (read as marks, shills etc) who keep having faith that you will one day grock the idea and redem your wicked ways. Truthfully, happens all the time...Fact of the matter is, corporations count on it..

As for the [Borg] weps.. They always worked as intended as near as I've ever been able to tell.. I most certainly have noticed the differences when I DON'T have them equipped. The cloak bug is a bit more frustrating then when the [Borg] proc doesn't proc. It really to the point where as slow as I am on the keyboard anyway I just really don't even bother with cloaking other then on the approch to target. And then only in PvP. In PvE the AI tends to react as programmed when you cross a thresh hold at a set distance, or with in a certain area. Against a powerfull AI cloak is useless because if you get poped under cloak in most cases your crippled, or dead and either way unable to return fire untill the cloak effect passes... On the other hand if you had shields under cloak it might actually be usefull, but other then the limited effect of surprise..its pretty useless really. Honestly.. I've really never understood Fed player reactions to cloak.. Theres just to damd many ways for the cloak to be violated, nulified, and rendered useless.. to the point its more of a liability then an asset. One day in a PvP match against a group of fed SCI ship players brought that home to me with a passion.. Sci AOE's love to nibble on your KDF ships hull under cloak, void the cloak, and leave you unable to return fire for a small about of time..... Cloak is really not that much of an adavantage, and only BOP's and the vet rewards destryer have Battle cloak.. and the one ship that CAN fire under cloak can only fire torps..and has the weakest hull rating of any tier 5 ship in the game (and most tier 3's for that matter) Only absolute experts (with a healthy levening of luck) need apply if your going to use THAT ship in PvP.

There is one undocumented way of mtigating the worst of the cloak bug if anyone interested..go to your setting and shut off/eliminate NPC messages off! ((I don't recall the exact setting but it is there!)) This wont effect mission dialog, but it will eliminate incidental dialog from causing it. Players with good situational awareness don't need the incedental dialogs, and those that don't have it.. well.. it won't help them anyway, so from a purely gaming standpoint just shut the silly stuff off. It'll improve game performance too by eliminating calls that take CPU and VDU and in some cases audio processor cycles for players on low spec machines.
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    cptjhunter wrote: »
    What it comes down to is this.
    "Nerf the old gear, and make the vet STFers grind for the(New, and Improved) gear."
    For a price.:mad:

Huh?

Your old Borg weapons will still work as they do now. I've been using mine in STFs and seen them proccing as normal.

If this is a dig at the Borg set nerf, then that was something that's been needed ever since it came out. In fact that set needs a much bigger nerf then it got.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • chuckingramchuckingram Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    orondis wrote: »
    If this is a dig at the Borg set nerf, then that was something that's been needed ever since it came out. In fact that set needs a much bigger nerf then it got.

And why is that? Since most of us used the Borg/MACO combo against NPC's why does it tickle you so much to see it screwed up? Also, let's not forget the FACT that the combo was freely available to ANYONE who wanted to use it.

Try thinking things out before you post tripe like this.