Hello and welcome to our writers challenges!
Today we start the two-week run of the seventh Lit Challenge: The Best and Brightest
As you return back home from your last exhausting space commission; you are being hailed by the Academy. The High Command has selected a group of Cadets to get hands-on experience on board your fine ship.
This one is very open:
- You can write from the point of view of a Cadet on your ship; the group as a team or even just variations of this, such as in Log entries. Are they frightened? Excited? Bored?
- You may also write about your captain or officers as they try to handle the Cadets. Do you feel they are they competent? Are they not showing enough honour? Are they too eager?
This is the writer's thread.
The Discussion Thread can be found HERE
We also have an index page of previous stories HERE
The rules may change from one to the other, but I'd like to give a quick recap each time. These may grow as we move on, so feel free to also give feedback!
- Each Challenge will run for two weeks. For 2 weeks we will sticky a subject and have at it.
- There are no right or wrong entries. If you write 500 words of 3000: Write what inspired you and what your thoughts on the topic are - with one tiny mention:
- Please heed the rest of the forums' rules when submitting your story!
- Each poster can have one entry per character. Feel free to edit you post however to fix typos, add stuff or remove stuff as you see fit during the next two weeks.
- After two weeks time, the thread will be locked and unstickied. If you wish to write on this topic after this time, there will be a place for this in the "Latecomer" thread.
- We'll have two threads: One to post the stories, one to discuss the stories. *I will allow cross-linking between these two threads!!*
- I will index your story by name and title (if you have one) for future reference.