test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Wishlist Thread: Canon Ships Edition 2.0

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Welcome to the Canon Ship Wishlist 2.0 Thread - For Reference purposes, the old thread can be found HERE. Also HERE is a link to the old Ship Survey I ran.

The purpose of this topic is to centralize a wishlist for the "canon" ships that we'd like to be added to the game. I am using thr word "canon" in its broadest since - any ship that appeared in an officially licensed Star Trek product. This can include TV Series, Movies, Video Games, Books, Comics, Artbooks, Calendars, and other merchandise. This means that not all ships listed wil be "owned" by CBS (which licenses "Trek" to Cryptic) so do keep in mind that for many ships, additional licenses and contracts would be required, making it much harder for them to be added.

But we aren't concerned about that, we simply need to tell Cryptic what we want (and will likely pay for in the C-Store) and they can work out those issues on their own.

To Summarize the ground rules:

Some ground rules:
  • They need to appear in Star Trek licensed material.
  • It doesn't HAVE to be hard canon ships that appeared in a movie or TV series.
  • They can be from artwork, books, card games, video games, and other approved published material.
  • Ships made by a fan and not acquired by CBS can't be listed, legal ownership rights would make them too hard to acquire.
  • If there is an excellent case made, we can perhaps list these separately as something to investigate.
  • Ships shown in production notes and design mock-ups are valid, however. Including Perpetual ships
  • Please include LINKS to articles and pictures rather than attachments so I can move the links up into the main post.
  • Also, try to avoid hotlinking when an article page is available.

Below we will list the ships already in the game, those in development, and those that have been "ruled out" for now for one reason or another. Then a Kitbash/Derivative section. My 2nd post will contain the main wishlists, divided into sections for the factions.

In Development:

Confirmed Not Coming/In Limbo:
  • Enterprise J (actual J not coming, perhaps a "ship inspired by" adaptation)
  • TOS Enterprise Refit - On Hold

Finished and In Game:

Starfleet
  • TOS Constitution
  • Constitution Refit (Enterprise A)
  • Miranda/Shi'Kahr/Soyuz (Soyuz isn't technically there, but its so close to the other two that its best addressed through model tweaks rather than a new ship)
  • Centaur
  • Cheyenne
  • Saber
  • Akira
  • Zephyr (Steamrunner clone)
  • Oslo (Norway clone)
  • Noble (Sovereign Variant - Formerly NX 91001 - Some requests for its original beta design)
  • Nova
  • Olympic (from All Good Things)
  • Prometheus (Now with MVAM variant)
  • Galaxy
  • Intrepid
  • Defiant
  • Sovereign
  • Runabout
  • Luna (from USS Titan)
  • Galaxy X (From All Good Things)
  • Excelsior/Excelsior Refit
  • Nebula/Nebula Refit
  • D'Kyr Class Vulcan Ship -- Link
  • Enterprise NX-01 - Image
  • Oberth Science Ship -- Image

Shuttles
  • Type 8
  • Runabout
  • Delta Flyer
  • Captain's Yacht
  • Vulcan Support Craft (undocks from D'kyr)
  • TOS Shuttle (TOS Bundle)
  • Peregrine Fighter

KDF
  • Bird of Prey
  • Vor'cha
  • D7 Cruiser
  • K't'inga
  • Negh'var
  • Raptor (similar to Raptor from Enterprise)
  • Vor'cha Refit + new Original skin for both versions
  • B'Rel BOP (Chang's BoP from ST VI - Fires while cloaked)
  • Gorn Ship - Preview
  • Orion Ship - Preview - Post
  • Nausicaan Ship - Preview - Post

Shuttlecraft
  • Toron Shuttle -- Memory Alpha
  • Duj'hod Assault Shuttle -- (Based on Goroth's Ship
  • KDF Fighter

Also lots of Cryptic designed ships and variants which I shall not name here to keep it shorter.

A Note on Kitbashes

I'm gonna list the kitbashes people require in here, but let's try to keep it within reason. A lot of these were made simply for debris shots after battles and never received polished models. A lot of times they have wildly mismatched parts and look very bizarre. (Note: A kitbash is a ship made out of parts from Models of different ships; so a Galaxy saucer and some Excelsior hull and nacelle pieces, or something - they were
widely used as filled ships in graveyard scenes) In my opinion, it would be better for Cryptic artists to make an "Inspired by" versions of the cooler kitbashes that solve some of the weird issues rather than a straight reproduction. And yes, I am aware that a few of the kitbashes are already in game (Cheyenne, Centaur) and they aren't terrible, but they're also more "accepted" ships soft-canon wise.

FASA ships generally share the same issues; They took stock ships and added things on for variety. These types of ships will appear here, since they are numerous.

Kitbashes and Derivative Models from FASA, Etc.

Sources:
Ds9 Tech Manual Kitbashes
FASA Ship Recognition Manual

See the next post for the full Wishlists for Federation, Klingons, and "Others"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments