test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Join the OrganizedPvP channel today!

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
edited January 2015 in PvP Gameplay
Greetings FRIENDS.

I have taken over as admin of the most populated PvP channel in STO - OrganizedPvP - and would like to welcome everyone interested in PvP to join today!

Rules of Acquisition #95 - Expand or die.

#1. My first goal is to bring new players, new fleets into the mix along with many of our regular PvP STO Veterans who are already members of this populated channel.

Rules of Acquisition #74 - Knowledge equals profit.

#2. Next I would like the channel to be an educational PvP resource for inexperienced players and fleets. Instead beginners rushing to the forums to post NERF!!! or OP !!!!! maybe this resource can better prepare them for the upcoming PvP challenges ahead. It will be a place where players can have the opportunity to bounce ideas, strategies, and feedback off of more experienced PvPers.

Rules of Acquisition #34 - War is good for business

#3. The next step is to schedule regular organized events, tournaments, activities, etc. that are interesting, competitive, and sometimes casual. This will expand interest in PvP and hopefully build the PvP community.

If you are interested in serving the PvP community and would like to help, plan, schedule, or organized events please feel free to message me in game or on the forums. I have an idea for our first event idea will be posting about it shortly.

Channel Name: ORGANIZEDPVP

How to join: /channel_join organizedpvp (must be typed in your chat box)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Awesome job ninja, I have seen a lot of new faces in ground pvp lately, dont space much so not sure what it is like there with new people or not. For my next statement let me preface it with this is not meant to be eletist at all but here goes....for new people trying out ground pvp know that the klingon fleet CHC pretty much is always in ground and we have gotten really good at it, so when you do ground please do not get discouraged if you lose. We didnt start out being good, for god's sake I was terrible when I started, but we kept playing together and kept challenging ourselves and talking to people that were beating us to learn what they were doing. Long story short dont give up, just send a tell to the person that just beat you and find out what they did, a lot of the "you are exploiting/hacking" is often just from not understanding the game mechanics and the different powers each class kit has. Also use the challenge system to 1 v 1 or do team matches with other people just starting into ground pvp to get better and learn. Would suggest FvF but you can also run into some premades there that might make ya feel bad when ya first start out too
    edited September 2010
    I plan on doing a ground scramble match next or maybe even tie it in with the Space scramble. Check the other thread for details.
    edited September 2010
    BUMP for the good folks at the OrganizedPvP channel.

bump for more organized pvp, there's been a growing interest in ground pvp from the Fed side, but....
    i'd still like to see more KDF ground pvp'ers.
    CHC does primarily ground, we're there every night, but we sometimes do space too.
    i've met a lot of cool people pugging space maps, if any of you guys are ever interested in some ground pvp look us up.
    it's been a long long time since my last KvK ground match.
    we've opened comms with the Federation, and have invited some Fed ground pvp'ers into our vent; the invitation is always open to any KDF that want to talk tactics, strategy, weapons, etc.
    edited September 2010
    congrats on getting admin status on this channel. nicely done, not having someone with an admin was the only reason this channel was dying out and i/we were gonna make another one. well done. <S>
    edited September 2010
    How did you get admin of the channel ninja? WErn't you even banned from it for ages lol..

Oops didjt mean to attempt to derail the thread. Yer cmon peeps! join us!
    edited September 2010
    Never banned and always loved :). You're probably thinking of Ultime.

We're looking for more admins too if anyone is interested. We'll be promoting the next big PvP event sponsored by KT.
    edited September 2010
    Join! or else....
    edited September 2010
    Ninjaboy wrote: »
    Never banned and always loved :). You're probably thinking of Ultime.

We're looking for more admins too if anyone is interested. We'll be promoting the next big PvP event sponsored by KT.

NO...not Ultime....how could that ever happen lol :D
    edited September 2010
    me? lol banned? how possible :P

well i was kick long ago, for liek a day, by emerald, because he rage kicked me because he lost an arguments with me , to prove he was ``right`` i got kicked my him, but some1 got me back in right after
    edited September 2010
    just a minor nitpick; turns out I somehow got ownership of the channel :p
    edited September 2010
    Bump for a great thread.

Oh wait!! Its stickied! :p

Anyway, join chimpmunks!
    edited September 2010
    ultime wrote: »
    me? lol banned? how possible :P

well i was kick long ago, for liek a day, by emerald, because he rage kicked me because he lost an arguments with me , to prove he was ``right`` i got kicked my him, but some1 got me back in right after

Well that's put me of using the PvP channels, sounds like a place for the kids to go and grief.
    edited September 2010
    Kanharn wrote: »
    Well that's put me of using the PvP channels, sounds like a place for the kids to go and grief.

you might want to rejoin the channel then, management changed from 6 months ago. Punitive measures are now only doled out when actions become excessive and obstructive to the nature of the channel, and never as an arguement tool. Basically, meaning that the moderators are impartial and haven't had to moderate anyone in a LONG time - and they plan to keep it that way.

its a very "Laissez-faire" system and it works
    edited September 2010
    faithborn wrote:
    you might want to rejoin the channel then, management changed from 6 months ago. Punitive measures are now only doled out when actions become excessive and obstructive to the nature of the channel, and never as an arguement tool. Basically, meaning that the moderators are impartial and haven't had to moderate anyone in a LONG time - and they plan to keep it that way.

its a very "Laissez-faire" system and it works

I hope so, I actually close Zone chat in PvP, so I don't have to read the Arguments.
    Don't get me wrong, I like good banter and fighting talk.

I will try it when I get home, See what the crowd is like in there.

Ta for the Info ;)
    edited September 2010
    It is a good group of people on there, even if faithborn is a moderator it is a cool place to hang out. :p
    edited September 2010
    We have admin duties spread out amongst a few guys to make sure things don't get crazier then usual.

The channel has seen a pretty big usage spike recently which is good. :)

Thx everyone for joining.
    edited October 2010
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~GM Tiyshen
    edited October 2010
    So do we have to be invited to this channel, sign up or anything else special or can anyone join if interested and wants to do more of and get better at pvp (like me)? I made a comment, then faithborne made a comment and no more OrganizedPvP.
    edited October 2010
    genxcraig wrote: »
    So do we have to be invited to this channel, sign up or anything else special or can anyone join if interested and wants to do more of and get better at pvp (like me)? I made a comment, then faithborne made a comment and no more OrganizedPvP.

its still alive, your still in the channel. Just sometimes the channel goes really quiet. In situations like that throw out a question such as "anyone alive out there?"
    edited October 2010
    faithborn wrote:
    its still alive, your still in the channel. Just sometimes the channel goes really quiet. In situations like that throw out a question such as "anyone alive out there?"
    When you hear "No" I suggest Evasive Maneuvers and putting all powers to engines. Don't look back. Don't blink.
    edited October 2010
    faithborn wrote:
    its still alive, your still in the channel.

Excellent - then i look forward to e-meeting you all!

Cheers
    edited January 2011
    Thanks for keeping this channel alive. I have become a much better PvPer, with muc room for improvement from listening to the chat and advice in this channel.

If only could find a good premade to group with.......
    edited January 2011
    seanhazz1 wrote: »
    Thanks for keeping this channel alive. I have become a much better PvPer, with muc room for improvement from listening to the chat and advice in this channel.

If only could find a good premade to group with.......

start makign a ruckus in the channel, im sure some feds will join you. hell ill even fly with u as klingon in a f+k mashemup challenge game (loads of fun) glad to hear of your positive experiences.. keep on keeping on man
    edited January 2011
    EmoeJoe wrote:
    start makign a ruckus in the channel, im sure some feds will join you. hell ill even fly with u as klingon in a f+k mashemup challenge game (loads of fun) glad to hear of your positive experiences.. keep on keeping on man

Thanks, Its pretty fun to get into a FvK, and see some of the people who frequent the channel. I'll admit to trying to "hunt" a few, sometimes successfully, often not, but it makes if more fun to identify people with their in-game avatars, and go against some of the more "famous" pvpers in the game. (K'eg is a handful btw)

I've even created a Klingon to learn better tactics on te side tat practices them more often. Maybe I'll get to fly with you sooner than you tink, lol.
    edited January 2011
    i am going to try and join.
    edited January 2011
    if i join one of my captains, are they all included, or do you have to do each one separately?
    thanks
    edited January 2011
    YOu will join with all your characters - essentially your account (razzlefraggle) would be joined. YOu might set up the Chat settings on each of your characters to ensure that the channel is under the tab you want it to be displayed, and that is has a recognizable color.
    edited January 2011
    Mustrum Ridcully Season 03 - Now with twice as many posts.
    edited February 2011
    WTF does' Channel join takes 1 argument mean when I try to join the channel!
    edited March 2011
    Just to elaborate on the rules of this channel since it has been a long time since they were posted up.

1. No threats, all the channel operators will take all serious threats on the channel seriously. You will be muted and reported.

2. No bashing fleets, when you bash a fleet you are attacking all the members in their organization even those that you don't know.

3. Treat other members with respect, basically treat others as you would like to be treated.

4. Respect the community, if you have no respect for PVP or everyone else in the channel expect your stay to be very shortlived.