===========================================

A Stonewall Guide to Diplomacy.

V. 1.4

Sections:
1. Tables of Contents, Rules and Intro
2. Quests that grant DXP
3. Diplomatic Investigations
4. First Contact
5. Other Ways to get Diplomatic Experience Points (DXP)
6. Rewards
7. Misc
8. Trek Trivia Questions
9. Update Log

Rules:
You can post new information here, or email it to diploguide@stonewallfleet.com with the topic “FDC Guide”. THIS IS NOT a place that will tell you what answers to pick without having to read anything.
(Trek Trivia questions would be the only exception to this, as not everyone is obsessive about Trek Trivia!)

Intro:
Season 2 added a new facet to the game, Diplomatic Missions! These missions range from First Contact to Story Line style Diplomatic missions where you meditate disputes, negotiate treaties and learn about new races and new civilizations!

By doing diplomatic missions you gain XP, DXP and bridge officer points. DXP gain you levels in the Federation Diplomatic Corps., allowing you to rank up to get new gear, titles and other fun stuff!

I would also like to say thanks to the following people:

Zepari of Stonewall Fleet
Spark88 of Stonewall Fleet
BFelczer of Stonewall Fleet
Wolf of Stonewall Fleet
Nick of Stonewall Fleet
BettyBlue918
Mike_Koder
Superchum
Ci4nte
Doctor Comics
Sardoc
InfamousBrad
Fractal_Eye
starkaos
JemmyMcDonough
Wynn
Templar999
Ernest
PatricianVetinari

You can find the online guide by being cool and clicking here!

You can find the print-formated guide by being awesome and clicking here!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Missing the "Taste of Home" diplomatic mission. Easiest diplomatic mission ever.
    edited July 2010
    starkaos wrote: »
    Missing the "Taste of Home" diplomatic mission. Easiest diplomatic mission ever.

It's not a story line FDC mission, so it's under other ways to earn DXP
    edited July 2010
    Thanks, this is fantastic! :D
    edited July 2010
    Also Star, check the Misc section
    edited July 2010
    made a number of spelling and other minor changes to the guide
    edited July 2010
    i've done 5 exploration sequences in a row, 15 planets and not a single diplomatic mission.
    any clues why?
    edited July 2010
    shurik100 wrote:
    i've done 5 exploration sequences in a row, 15 planets and not a single diplomatic mission.
    any clues why?

Not all explore missions grant DXP.

They need to be:

Missions that have no combat objective (kill TRIBBLE squads, etc)
    Can't be Scan Anomalies
    Can't be the scan prob fragments w/ hostile aliens ground mission

Other than that, unless the mission is bugged in general, you should get DXP.

Check the guide for more details.
    edited July 2010
    Excellent post! Even more excellent than it was on Tribble!
    edited July 2010
    thank you very much!
    edited July 2010
    Excellnt guide, should make my grinding more progressive.
    edited July 2010
    Thank you everyone :D
    edited July 2010
    And where is the ambassador at? How do you get in contact with him?
    edited July 2010
    jbarradale wrote: »
    And where is the ambassador at? How do you get in contact with him?

He is at Earth Starbase, in Quinn's room.

But he doesn't give you any missions until you hit Attache level.
    edited July 2010
    Ooh this guide is lovely, thank you so much for sharing it!! ^_^
    edited July 2010
    Have made some formatting updates, reordered a few things, and added info on Jiro.
    edited July 2010
    Great guide! Thank you much!

Something I found, when you get to the specified sector for a DI, the button to start it (for me) is in the lower right and says Diplomatic Investigation...

Now, sometimes, when I finish a DI mission, the Diplomatic Investigation button is again at the lower right allowing me to take another DI mission right there without talking to the ambassador again. :)

The most I had so far was 4 in a row.. Then I was sent to another cluster by the ambassador.

Hope that helps someone.

On a side note.. There seems to be a long refresh on the ambassador giving out DI missions after you finish a batch.. Last night it was around 3 hours. Hopefully this can be reduced in the future.
    edited July 2010
    Asakara wrote:
    Great guide! Thank you much!

Something I found, when you get to the specified sector for a DI, the button to start it (for me) is in the lower right and says Diplomatic Investigation...

Now, sometimes, when I finish a DI mission, the Diplomatic Investigation button is again at the lower right allowing me to take another DI mission right there without talking to the ambassador again. :)

The most I had so far was 4 in a row.. Then I was sent to another cluster by the ambassador.

Hope that helps someone.

On a side note.. There seems to be a long refresh on the ambassador giving out DI missions after you finish a batch.. Last night it was around 3 hours. Hopefully this can be reduced in the future.

Hmmm...that may be bugged. That could be how ti is meant to be for all of us and it's not working...or it could be the other way around. Sigh. Well, you should report it.
    edited July 2010
    HAVE SAME THING EXCEPT HE (srry caps) didnt send me anywhere. and i beat your 4 in a batch.
    edited July 2010
    Check the Diploguide email, I just submitted a correction :D

Also a follow up email correcting my correction :p
    edited July 2010
    Follow-up question.

What exactly are the "Anthropology missions" You're supposed to get your first one for at Consul?
    edited July 2010
    Anthropology missions are not yet released
    edited July 2010
    Ci4nte wrote:
    Anthropology missions are not yet released

Ah, that explains why I haven't gotten them then. Thanks!
    edited August 2010
    T'Rehes wrote:

They need to be:

Can't be Scan Anomalies

This is partially untrue. If you have a scan the vessels in space mission to determine why they were damaged and there are enemies flying around (aka the ones responsible) You can destroy them and still get DPX
    edited August 2010
    Omadigan wrote: »
    This is partially untrue. If you have a scan the vessels in space mission to determine why they were damaged and there are enemies flying around (aka the ones responsible) You can destroy them and still get DPX

I can confirm that.
    edited August 2010
    May or may not want to note this on the storyline section; I expect it'll be fixed once the devs see the bug reports, but until then...

The Quarantine mission has a text bug of sorts. At one point during experimenting, it gives you the choice between Disodium or Calcium Somethingorother as a chelating agent. The Memory Alpha research states that Disodium is fatal, but using it during the experimental phase yields positive results. However, actually synthesizing the counteragent with Disodium doesn't work. So, despite it looking like it won't work, you'll need to use Calcium.

I suspect this is something along the lines of someone accidentally swapping labels on the buttons in the database. As I said, it's probably going to be fixed at some point, but until then a note might be in order on the guide?
    edited August 2010
    Omadigan wrote: »

Ahem...
    T'Rehes wrote:

They need to be:

Can't be Scan Anomalies

Those missions have no combat objective, then just happen to have people trying to kill you.

As long as it's not a mission objective, it can involve combat.
    The Stonewall Fleet Diplomatic Team feels confident that you can use the following rules to determine if an explore mission is likely to give you Diplomatic XP:

If a mission has a mission objective of killing X number of people/ships, then it will not give you DXP.

However, should a mission have peaceful objectives (scan this, fix that, etc) where you just happen to have people also trying to kill you, you will likely gain DXP. Should you have a mission with peaceful objectives and no one trying to kill you this will also grant DXP. Scan Anomalies is the only known exception to this, as it grants no XP or DXP.
    edited August 2010
    May or may not want to note this on the storyline section; I expect it'll be fixed once the devs see the bug reports, but until then...

The Quarantine mission has a text bug of sorts. At one point during experimenting, it gives you the choice between Disodium or Calcium Somethingorother as a chelating agent. The Memory Alpha research states that Disodium is fatal, but using it during the experimental phase yields positive results. However, actually synthesizing the counteragent with Disodium doesn't work. So, despite it looking like it won't work, you'll need to use Calcium.

I suspect this is something along the lines of someone accidentally swapping labels on the buttons in the database. As I said, it's probably going to be fixed at some point, but until then a note might be in order on the guide?

I've seen no Cryptic response saying it's bugged, and I'm not sure it is. Your science officer tells you something along the lines of results with on a person being more important than results with a lab, and in some of the info you're given it also says that one of the chemicals that turn positive in experimentation turned deadly when used on a person.

When I read that I took it to mean that the experimentation may be misleading. So, I made a chart, cross referencing each chemical and how it tested, AND what the research or people said about it, and got my cure from that.

Worked first time.

I think it's just an involved mission that people are reporting as bugged because they don't expect to have to look over it so closely.

I'll try it again tonight on my toon and double check my chart, to make sure it didn't change. I do say how to make a chart in the guide, as it does help for this one.
    edited August 2010
    Easy to read, concise and accurate guide. Thanks for the effort. :)
    edited August 2010
    I jsut wanted to let everyone know taht I'm in the process of making a major update to the guide.

I've been thinking on it, and I've decided to add pictures and maps, along with a smidge more detail on how to do some of the missions that people are having a hard time on (I'm STILLL not going to tell people the answers, but hopefully I'll give you just the right amount of detail that you won't need the answers handed to you).

If anyone has suggestions, you're welcome to give them. I plan to add a detailed map for Vulcan, (and all other spots, but a bit more detail for Vulcan) and a copy of the basic chart I used for Quarantine, as those look to be the ones people have trouble with. So, if you think of anything I should add, let me know.
    edited August 2010
    T'Rehes wrote:

You can find the online guide by being cool and clicking here!

You can find the print-formated guide by being awesome and clicking here!

Thanks a lot for taking the time to share this. I've been looking for a one-stop guide to FDC.