What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Keybind Questions

Comments

• Options
    maximus614maximus614 Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    what is the keybind where you hit T in team chat while in pvp to call the target your have selected? None of the ones i used worked.
  • Options
    rudiefix1rudiefix1 Member Posts: 420
    edited February 2013
    Incorporate this line in your bind:

T "team Target: >> $target <<"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

@rudiefix Feds: Rudiefix / Thron / Opa
    @rudiefix KDFs: Lill / Xifeidur / Dehr / Ugly
    @rudiefix Roms (KDF alligned): Chicita
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    rudiefix1 wrote: »
    Incorporate this line in your bind:

ok where exactly does that go? some told me to simply paste it in the chat bar,,,does that work or do i need to go to options and click key binds? If so which one do i put it in?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    The command i mentioned is used in a key bind file. If you use the spacebar key bind file from Hilbert, or my "heal bind" file posted earlier in this thread, it is already in there.

Make sure if you write your own bind file, that it is in a separate line. The T button activates the call.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited February 2013
    The command i mentioned is used in a key bind file. If you use the spacebar key bind file from Hilbert, or my "heal bind" file posted earlier in this thread, it is already in there.

Make sure if you write your own bind file, that it is in a separate line. The T button activates the call.

yeah i figured out,,thanks for the info,,i dont have to type in anything just click my target and hit T dont even have to type T in chat it auto calls it on team chat,,works great.
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I tried to mod Hilberts keybind to include rows 6+7 and somehow managed to fail .

This is what I came up with and it's not working for me .

Button4 "+power_exec Distribute_Shields"
    Space "GenSendMessage HUD_Root FirePhasers$$+trayExecBytray 5 0$$+trayexecbytray 5 1$$+trayexecbytray 5 2$$+trayexecbytray 5 3$$+trayexecbytray 5 4$$+trayexecbytray 5 5$$+trayexecbytray 5 6$$+trayexecbytray 5 7$$+trayexecbytray 5 8$$+trayexecbytray 5 9$$+trayExecBytray 6 0$$+trayexecbytray 6 1$$+trayexecbytray 6 2$$+trayexecbytray 6 3$$+trayexecbytray 6 4$$+trayexecbytray 6 5$$+trayexecbytray 6 6$$+trayexecbytray 6 7$$+trayexecbytray 6 8$$+trayexecbytray 6 9$$+power_exec Distribute_Shields"

After the first attempt to slot different powers in row 6 , I took a power from row 7 to 6 (deleted it on two 7) and that too did not fire off .

Any ideas ?
    Should I try a different file name and keybind it ?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Maybe it has to do with how you ordered your tray, because i notice that you have not a
    "mirror sequence"

See my copy/past from stowiki
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=6673801&postcount=203
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Is it possible to get both my tac teams bound to the space bar with fire all phasers?

everytime i try it takes one away and only allows me to have one on spacebar.
  • Options
    mastercode123mastercode123 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Is their a way to call the targets in team chat without having to bind everything else? I just want to be able to call targets using t, and redistribute my shields using 7 along with another weapon using 7?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Isn't that exactly what Hilbert's spacebar bind does?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    mastercode123mastercode123 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I read the hilbert guide, it only shows how to bind ALL skills to the Spacebar, not individual ones using another keybind, and I still want to remain mostly a clicker using 1-8 keys and the original set up.
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i just made a pretty big post about keybinds in my help thread stickied here as well, as far as making binds theres a much easier way of going about it then making them in word pad. it will tell you all about that too
  • Options
    martin1970giesenmartin1970giesen Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Is their a way to call the targets in team chat without having to bind everything else? I just want to be able to call targets using t, and redistribute my shields using 7 along with another weapon using 7?

Keybind: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9355971&postcount=463
    Bone1970 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
    Bone Trader don't belief in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
    Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng.
    Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    does someone knows the command to size up the buff icons of your target? I know you can size up your own buff icons, so I am hoping there is also one for your target's buffs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    pug02pug02 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    does someone knows the command to size up the buff icons of your target? I know you can size up your own buff icons, so I am hoping there is also one for your target's buffs

The keybind app can add it in on a keybind such as this (Click here for image).

The app can be downloaded here.

If you still want the command, I can dig it out for you. Or you can use the keybind app to generate the file and get the command from the text file it generated.

Good Luck
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    pug02 wrote: »
    The keybind app can add it in on a keybind such as this (Click here for image).

The app can be downloaded here.

If you still want the command, I can dig it out for you. Or you can use the keybind app to generate the file and get the command from the text file it generated.

Good Luck

I never heard about this bind generator. I will check it out. Im writing my binds in notepad, because of specific wishes....

If I fail, ill get back to you.
    Thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Hmm I tried the generator, but dont see where the file is stored or generated.

Guess it is me..

If you could dig up the line, would be great. I prefer to have the loose commands to edit tekst myself.

Never mind. I found the bind files...:rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Oh oh, please share how to do that for those of is with poor vision.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Bind the following command to a key:

<key> GenSetEarlyOverrideFloat Hud_Statustarget_Space_Bufflist scale 1.00

1.00 is 100%. I use 175%

Because it reverts to original size a few moment, I added it to the spacebar commands. Dont forget the $$ and " "

I also had to rearrange my hud because the buff icons needed more room without blocking other windows.
    You can unlock your hud by typing in your chat: /GenJailUnlock 1 so you can adjust your windows without having to go to the green screen. Dont forget to lock your hud again with /GenJailUnlock 0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Ok, this is my version of the spacebar bind which makes healing more easy, quicker and effective:

Download the bind at: http://upload.ugm.ac.id/498healbind.txt

So, in this "heal" bind, fill tray 7 with power and offensive abilities you want to cycle.

Tray 8, fill with team heals, like ES, TSS, APD, HE etc

Tray 9, fill with self heals, like evasive, BFI, PH, ramming speed.. but also TT, TSS, APD etc (the team heals)

Here an example: http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/5004/bindstray789.png

These abilities in tray 8 are connected to your team mate selecting buttons, the F buttons. Normally, you select yourself by pressing F1 and your first team mate by F2 etc. In my opinion confusing, so I changed it to:

Yourself: Esc
    First team mate: F1
    Second team mate: F2
    Third team mate: F3
    Fourth team mate: F4

Its more natural. The 4 team mates together with the F buttons in the right order, and yourself easy accessible by hitting the top left corner button?

So summarized,

spacebar activates abilities in tray 7
    F1,F2 F3,F4 , activates abilities in tray 8
    escape activates abilities in tray 9

Few notes:

All buttons have also shield distribution. You need to hit the buttons a few times to activate all abilities. This is due to activation delays (usually 0.5 sec). The bind is designed such a way that the order of activation goes from the left to the right (thus tray 7.0, 7.1, 7.2 etc), so order your tray likewise.

Place the bind file in following directory: C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live (Or same cryptic directory in your program files)

Use following command to activate your bind by typing in your chat window: /bind_load_file healbind.txt

I added the command to increase your target's buff icons to my bind. New download link:

http://upload.ugm.ac.id/822healbind.txt

After replacing the file in your STO/live directory, you may need to enter the load command for your bind file again while in space: /bind_load_file healbind.txt
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bind the following command to a key:

<key> GenSetEarlyOverrideFloat Hud_Statustarget_Space_Bufflist scale 1.00

1.00 is 100%. I use 175%

Because it reverts to original size a few moment, I added it to the spacebar commands. Dont forget the $$ and " "

I also had to rearrange my hud because the buff icons needed more room without blocking other windows.
    You can unlock your hud by typing in your chat: /GenJailUnlock 1 so you can adjust your windows without having to go to the green screen. Dont forget to lock your hud again with /GenJailUnlock 0

Blessings on your house. May you have many strong male children.
    Thanks.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    hey does anyone remember the keybind for "t" to call targets in pvp?

someone had my account for awhile and messed it up,,i dont remember how to make it a file and what it is i have to type in chat to activate it.

would be most appreciated.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

You can change the purple parts in tekst you like
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    eisenw0lfeisenw0lf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does anyone know how to make keybinds work for Romulans on tribble? The keybinds for my KDF character still work the same way as they did on holodeck after I transfered him to tribble, but nothing happens when I switch to my Romulan. Entering the load command again didn't help either.
  • Options
    ambientlanceambientlance Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eisenw0lf wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to make keybinds work for Romulans on tribble? The keybinds for my KDF character still work the same way as they did on holodeck after I transfered him to tribble, but nothing happens when I switch to my Romulan. Entering the load command again didn't help either.

I'm the @Ambience poster who originally posted in Faithborn's thread with my binds. Just came back for Romulans actually. Apparently some of the old commands have changed per a friend. That being said, I was able to reload most of my bind files.

What I did was I did a /bind_save_file from a Fed character, then switched to a Romulan and did a /bind_load_file of that output file.

I did notice that one or two of my binds now had (nop) as the bind, so apparently they were for functions no longer supported.
  • Options
    atticus74atticus74 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I want to create a keybind for certain buffs, then call it within keybinds like attack pattern Alpha $$ decloak, and attack pattern Omega $$ decloak.
  • Options
    neo1nxneo1nx Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hi guys, i don't known if there is working solution for this but...here i go.

i need somekind of keybind who would be able to distribuated the shield while i am cliking on the fire all weapons button on the hud of the game.

in other words when i am cliking on the "fire all beams" button on the tray of the game it also distributed the shields, is that even possible?
    and if so, how?

thank for your help.
  • Options
    dabelgravedabelgrave Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    neo1nx wrote: »
    i need somekind of keybind who would be able to distribuated the shield while i am cliking on the fire all weapons button on the hud of the game.

I use:
    space "FireAll $$ +power_exec Distribute_Shields $$ +trayexec 0 9"

This fires all weapons, distributes my shields, and for a fun time, activates my fireworks which is slotted in row 1, column 10.
  • Options
    hrci2907hrci2907 Member Posts: 648 Media Corps
    edited July 2013
    Can anyone advise some good ground keybinds?
    "This is your ultimate STO Youtube channel!"
    https://youtube.com/user/MyBalkanGaming
  • Options
    hummyihummyi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Is there a command line
    so that I can automatically demands with my keybind

sorry for my bad English
This discussion has been closed.