test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

controls reset by itself etc

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
edited May 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Many times a day my camera will go back to follow target even thou i put it on free camera.
Anyone else have this, and you cant set it back to what you want it if you are in a instance, playing pvp etc.
One must leave and exit map to sector space to change controls. This is one of those bugs that want you to crush somthing because its really annoying.

Why is the game trying to give me a epileptic seizure, is this a bug that only me is having or is this a thing that was put in the game not long ago ? if this is somthing that was put into the game on purpose then when in the movies series would there be red wavy lines inside the bride when under attack ? watch video
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGdUsaALgtI
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I have the exact same problem and as u ve said it is very annoying .Sometimes i change it to "Free Camera" and only seconds later it has reset to default "Follow Camera" a camera option with which its impossible to play pvp...
    Sometimes even though i turn it to free camera ,it never changes as if i had never clicked the "ok" button.
    The only way ito change it is to actually make it " Chase" for a while then go back into options to change it to "free camera"..as if u re trying to convince the damn computer that this is what u want:mad:

I cant believe that only the two of us have this bug.Its one more of the hundred cryptic bugs out there.:mad:
  • Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    tyyy wrote: »
    Many times a day my camera will go back to follow target even thou i put it on free camera.
    Anyone else have this, and you cant set it back to what you want it if you are in a instance, playing pvp etc.
    One must leave and exit map to sector space to change controls. This is one of those bugs that want you to crush somthing because its really annoying.

Why is the game trying to give me a epileptic seizure, is this a bug that only me is having or is this a thing that was put in the game not long ago ? if this is somthing that was put into the game on purpose then when in the movies series would there be red wavy lines inside the bride when under attack ? watch video
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGdUsaALgtI

Part 1: Never had this issue, but when I want to toggle camera modes between Free and Follow I use the default "X" key. Maybe you are accidentally hitting it? Try changing the keymap to a key further away from WASD

As for Part 2, that's the warning graphic that you've been boarded; the Borg beam through shields rather than using shuttles. I'd also never encountered it until facing them.
  • nanomorphnanomorph Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    Having the same problem, most noticeable when "always face forward" suddenly changes back to the default of "off." Autoattack also disables itself, and aim mode changes from toggle back to hold.

This bug last existed a couple years ago Cryptic, what happened?
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Yeah, those red lines mean you've been boarded, time to hit Tactical Team.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D