test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Introducing myself

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Ten Forward
I've been a Trekkie since the early 90s (when I was about 10), and have been a collector of Star Trek computer games, no matter how badly many of them may have sucked. I've stayed away from MMORPGs until now, but I've been following the progress of this one for years now, and if anything can get me into an MMORPG, it's Star Trek.

In the past I've been active in a few online communities, specifically those for Elite Force and Starfleet Command, and went by the username Mr_Tricorder. I've made and modified ships for the Starfleet Command games and have released some of my creations and conversions to the community. I have also worked on a mod team for Star Wars Empire at War to create a Knights of the Old Republic mod for that game.

I am and always shall be a Trekkie at heart, but I have also become quite a fan of other Sci-Fi movies and series, such as Babylon 5, Star Wars, and Stargate. I'm also looking for new projects for 3D graphics and am working on earning a bachelor's degree in game art and design.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Welcome to STO. :)

Long time Star Trek fan myself. At the risk of dating myself, I used to watch TOS as a kid on network syndication. Fan of Starfleet Command and its parent Star Fleet Battles. You have entered a weird, weird universe. :cool:
    edited January 2010
    I am also a Trekkie i grew up with the Star trek the next generation and the OS.
    My father has the entire collection of star trek trading cards it is pretty awesome.
    edited January 2010
    Rohlan wrote:
    I'm also looking for new projects for 3D graphics and am working on earning a bachelor's degree in game art and design.

Welcome :) Student here also. I'm hoping to get into a fleet with some like-minded players who would most likely have the same number of hours in study commitment as myself. I'll be online in early Feb as i'm waiting for the retail package.