test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Role Play Fleet, Mature....please....

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Ten Forward
I have been playing MMO's for a long time now... Yes I'm a Geek/Nerd, and I love to Role play and develop my character. I am looking for like minded individuals who not only want to enjoy the game but to make a character and meet friends to work and play with. If there is a Mature Role play fleet out there send me a shout, or if a group would like to form up let get things started.:D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    :( Guess I'm alone in this universe.....:(
    edited January 2010
    Duhkrok wrote: »

Depends on your definition of what a mature roleplayer is. If you mean acting like an adult you won't find it on these forums.
    edited January 2010
    Hi Duhkrok,

I lead 1st Fist of Light, a 9 year old RP guild. We'll be 10 in February. We're a dedicated group of RP'ers, that do PvE, Crafting, PvP, you name it. We're not RP TRIBBLE's, but we have a really good time with everything. Here is a thread I made on the forums that will tell you a bit more. We are mature and we're very big on respect as well.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=88503&page=2

If you have any questions feel free to ask.
    edited January 2010
    Thank you I'll keep an Eye out, do you all meet someplace like DS-9 or someplace else?:o
    edited January 2010
    Usually we fly around doing missions and what not. But we've been known to hang out on the bridges of each others ships from time to time. Although if you look in THIS thread...

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=88503

We also have a collection of RP'ers hanging out too.

We've been talking, not as us the guild, but as RP'ers, meeting in Quark's Bar in Deep Space 9.
    edited January 2010
    I'll keep an Eye out for your group.....:)
    edited January 2010
    I too am an avid RPer. I am an author IRL and write supernatural/adventure fiction and comedy. I tend to RP in every game I'm in. Sometimes I use RP as a means for character development. I try to write characters that are lifelike, imaginable, and believable. RPing helps me in this process.

As for STO, I haven't quite pinned down what type of RP I'll be getting in to. I am a freeform RPer, meaning that I don't script. I assume a role, and interact with others. This lets me RP with non RP and RP players alike. Albeit it is much more fun with other RPers.

I fathom that it'll probably take me a few days to get a sense of what I want to do in the RP sense. In most games I do tend to start rather large RP guilds, so look for that in the coming days as a few of my old crew comes over to assist!
    edited January 2010
    I've always found that characters often take a bit of time to figure out what exactly you want to do as is. Usually they just start out with an idea, and evolve from there as you play them out. It's like driving a new car for the first time and getting used to how it handles.
    edited January 2010
    Hello and welcome! You will find me talkin to most everything and picnicing on exploration missions :) There are quite a number of RPers here, I believe.
    edited January 2010
    Duhkrok wrote: »

Far from it :) I'm also an RP'er. I currently do text only and have never played an MMORPG. I am looking for some other people that I can RP with in the STO universe. I'd love to collaborate on some exploration and diplomatic missions. I'd certainly like some combat here and there, but I don't want to turn the experience into one that is akin to a war story.
    edited January 2010
    Nope you are not alone, you may want to take a look at http://startrekonlineroleplayers.com. ;)
    edited January 2010
    I'll welcome any RPing, though i don't go out of my way lookin for it. Suppose it would be something more interesting to read than all the whining and moaning in zone chat!

RP's for years in table-top and web based games, tried in a couple of MMO's without much success, many long established groups in those other games seem a bit unwelcoming at times and suppose it could be good to get in with one at ground level as it were.

I always make game characters as though i were creating them for an RP anyway, so would be good to use some of all the planning to use!