test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Jees, no Borg Captain

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I was hoping to use the Borg Captain with Headstart but no such luck although it did show all 4 slots.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    To make a Borg Character, you must first make another character, log in to the game, open the C-Store, click on the "Unlocks" tab and claim the Liberated Borg Race.

Thanks,

Stormshade
    edited January 2010
    is the borg up yet
    edited January 2010
    What about our spay-shul uniforms? Or will those come in the e-mail on the 2nd?
    edited January 2010
    Just checked. No it isn't unless I need to log out and back in.
    edited January 2010
    malvolti wrote: »
    Just checked. No it isn't unless I need to log out and back in.

I just tried that, it's still not working.
    edited January 2010
    just checked on no its not, ****ing me off a little now
    edited January 2010
    Borg are still borked.
    edited January 2010
    Vraesh wrote: »
    Borg are still borked.

You mean borgeked.
    edited January 2010
    StormShade wrote:
    To make a Borg Character, you must first make another character, log in to the game, open the C-Store, click on the "Unlocks" tab and claim the Liberated Borg Race.

Thanks,

Stormshade

This isn't working yet. You can unlock your borg character, but it does not show up in the character screen.
    edited January 2010
    What the f!!!!! It´s been almost 3 hours into the so called head start and still they haven´t fixed the C-Store for us to get our Borg. I´m getting qite bor(g)ed here... FIX IT NOW CRYPTIC!!!!!!!! Should have let us test it in BETA if you can´t handle it at launch.
    edited January 2010
    yep also getting ****ed off, 239US dollars for lifetime and playable borg at headstart, not "when we get around to fixing it"

Can understand beta etc but we are NOW PAYING FOR THE GAME,
    edited January 2010
    On some level, I guess I understand the unhappiness about the Liberated Borg...

But come on guys - if you're really lifers, three hours isn't going to make a difference.
    edited January 2010
    StormShade wrote:

Thanks,

Stormshade

Nope. Doesnt work.
    edited January 2010
    Aurangzeb wrote:

But come on guys - if you're really lifers, three hours isn't going to make a difference.

YES 3 hours of non playing does make a difference since we are all OBSESSED with this game
    edited January 2010
    StormShade wrote:

Thanks,

Stormshade

but not right now, other people are more important than the people who already forked over enough to pay for 16+ months of the game.

TRIBBLE us, we can play later.
    edited January 2010
    Laminblake wrote: »
    YES 3 hours of non playing does make a difference since we are all OBSESSED with this game

Normally I would say chill out but I hate to say it but I agree with you. KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!
    edited January 2010
    StormShade wrote:

Thanks,

Stormshade

Nice copy and paste there. Also what you said is not working.
    edited January 2010
    Of course its not working, in game they are announcing that its not working and have been, on the forums, a different message to get into game, to learn that its not working. Is this crisis management? You bet. Have we already paid for lifetime subscription and kinda tertiary to maintain as players? Sorta..
    edited January 2010
    Aurangzeb wrote:

I really don´t wanna eat a chill pill right now. I wanna play my Borg. They should AT LEAST have this sh*t sorted for head start. I´ve looked forward for this for a long time, and don´t wanna miss out on what might be my first night in game. It just sux more then a vacuumcleaner not being able to play what you´ve paid for.
    edited January 2010
    The idea of head start is exactly that you pay something a little extra to get into a live gaming environment before the general public. The sole reason for this is to level up before you have to deal with the 5 million others asking "where's Sulu...." My tolerence is very low at this point and Im considering the need for some compensation from Cryptic. I can not level my character which i paid for in advance becuase your system wont work. I see a case here does anyone else?
    edited January 2010
    Taran wrote:
    The idea of head start is exactly that you pay something a little extra to get into a live gaming environment before the general public. The sole reason for this is to level up before you have to deal with the 5 million others asking "where's Sulu...." My tolerence is very low at this point and Im considering the need for some compensation from Cryptic. I can not level my character which i paid for in advance becuase your system wont work. I see a case here does anyone else?

Couldn´t agree more...
    edited January 2010
    Taran wrote:

QFT. Totally agree.
    edited January 2010
    Aurangzeb wrote:

I have to agree and I just plan to go through the tutorial. I want my preorder stuff before moving on. :cool:
    edited January 2010
    Taran wrote:

Agreed.

Why wasn't this tested before launch?
    edited January 2010
    I would almost feel bad if I didn't have to wait until Tuesday for my Joined Trill to become available. You have no sympathy from me unless it takes longer than Tuesday to get your Borg characters.

In the meantime level up another character and have fun until it's sorted out. That's what I'll be doing until Tuesday.
    edited January 2010
    Lahuzer wrote: »
    I really don´t wanna eat a chill pill right now. I wanna play my Borg. They should AT LEAST have this sh*t sorted for head start. I´ve looked forward for this for a long time, and don´t wanna miss out on what might be my first night in game. It just sux more then a vacuumcleaner not being able to play what you´ve paid for.

I have to agree. Many of us who lifetime subscribed did so with friends and fleet mates, with the intention of playing through much of the early game with them. It is not so desirable when you understand that everything you do will require doing over and this time not with your mates (some of whom are already playing their borg captains). We think this is unfair, and most of all, unnecessary. By requiring us to log in on a throwaway character to unlock yet a different character, then disabling that mechanic becuase..it was being used? Only they have the numbers of people who life subbed, they should probably know how many will try to make a borg. If they knew they could not handle that many people attempting to unlock the feature via the c-store..why did they make that the avenue to unlock it?
    edited January 2010
    Primus01 wrote: »
    I have to agree and I just plan to go through the tutorial. I want my preorder stuff before moving on. :cool:

I've got the Borg BOff, so I figure I'll just save up some skill points for her, and it'll be alright. i could understand waiting for the Trill unlock, though. The Connie would be nice to have from the beginning, too, but if you only play for a few hours at a time, you'd probably still get use out of it.
    edited January 2010
    Loxone wrote: »
    I would almost feel bad if I didn't have to wait until Tuesday for my Joined Trill to become available. You have no sympathy from me unless it takes longer than Tuesday to get your Borg characters.

In the meantime level up another character and have fun until it's sorted out. That's what I'll be doing until Tuesday.

Yes, but everyone knows that the Joined Trill is due tuesday. Then it´s those peoples choice to wait til then to play it. Even though I think that sux as well. Lifers paid for getting Borg from the first minute of launch. And while I sit here and wait. My fleetm8s are lvling up, and I have to do all this bag of poo by myself later on. Very fun indeed...
    edited January 2010
    vipeness wrote: »
    from my understanding....

the Borg skin is just a patch over your pre-existing character. After applying that re-skin, you get it's ability stats. I don't know why so many people are waiting... play play play, then apply once fixed.

This can´t be true. Then my alien should have 6 traits all in all... And that wouldn´t be fair.
    edited January 2010
    from my understanding....

the Borg skin is just a patch over your pre-existing character. After applying that re-skin, you get it's ability stats. I don't know why so many people are waiting... play play play, then apply once fixed.
This discussion has been closed.