test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

=/\=Lotus Fleet=/\=

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Earth Spacedock
Lotus Fleet is a Star Trek Online / Roleplaying Federation Fleet. What Lotus Fleet intends to accomplish is the idea that while we will maintain a Starfleet Structured military ranking system, we do not want to take our members for granted, as it is them that allows the Fleet to exist and succeed both within Star Trek Online and outside. With that said, its our goal to offer as much Web content that we can by allowing RPing and also positions that would allow Fans to assume Ranks Ranging from Cadet in the Academy through the Enlisted Ranks found in the Lotus Fleet Operations and finally up to Captain in Lotus Fleet Command. Positions above the rank of Captain are available but only to those that are the most dedicated and truly feel that they can make a difference in how our members can further be engaged.

Many Fleets that are Star Trek Fan based do in fact have and support Forums and Chat room based RPing, If your not familiar with the MMO type of game play Lotus Fleet is designed to offer a robust and scalable Starfleet Academy that will help new Star Trek fans become familiar with both in game content and the Star Trek Universe as whole while allowing seasoned Star Trek Fan the ability to reminisce upon the things that has made Star Trek so great in everyone's mind. Our cadre of Academy Staff have dedicated many combined years to all things Trek, and are more then prepared and pleased to bestow that knowledge on new members of the fleet. Another Feature is that the term Fleet(s) currently preparing for STO are in fact equivalent to what you might call Guilds that you might find in WOW, SWG or COH. What that means is should you decide to become member of Lotus Fleet will not only have the honor of attending Starfleet Academy but will also have the support and dedication to you that can only come with a group of dedicated members that all share the same goal of living out their dream of being a Starfleet Officer and exploring the great unknowns that the universe has to offer.

Upon graduation from the Academy new fleet members will embark on a journey that will continue to develop and support the idea of member based Fleet support and allow dedicated members that want to see Lotus Fleet become one of the most Elite and Fun Fleets that they can be proud of.

Lotus Fleet would also like offer an extended invitation to all services members where ever you might be. whether you will have the ability to play STO or not you will always have a welcome home here and, we would still like to offer a little piece of home and show our appreciation for what you do.

Fleet Admiral Nova
Fleet Commanding Officer
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    It's a great day to be an STO fan. Let's have some fun with one of the best fleets in the game.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Glad to see the Lotus Fleet thread back up on STO!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Back and better than ever, of course!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Livin it up.. Finally everything I do in game will count towards something:)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I'm back y'all!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Lotus Fleet ~ An Observation

I have been playing MMOs for many years. Everything you can thing of…from Everquest I & II, Matrix Online, Lord of the Rings Online, Star Wars Galaxies, Sword of the New World, CoH, CoV, Champions, Tabula Rosa, and many more. In each one of these I have had a strong guild that supported its members. Guilds that would watch over new recruits and all the while allowing members to grow and explore on their own. This was the especially the case in SWG, MXO, and LOTRO.

I set about looking for a guild that would be as supportive and cool as the ones I had known in other MMOs when Star Trek Online was getting closer to going live. And, I found one, Lotus Fleet!

My Fleet experience started with a crash course in Lotus Fleet Starfleet Academy! Lotus Fleet Academy is the training and education division of Lotus Fleet. The Academy is free and open to anyone and everyone who wishes to learn about Star Trek with no commitment to join. What a great way, I thought, to immerse yourself in Star Trek knowledge and lore. After The Academy I joined the Fleet as a full member and have enjoyed it everyday since then. We are serious with our guild jobs and serious about having fun when we play! Our RP Department has a strong presence in our fleet. Although RPing is not required at any level, the choice is yours. Being former military myself, I have notice a strong work ethic in the Fleet that seems to come from some of our former military members; I certainly welcome and appreciate this attitude. It is a very well organized guild and allows members to contribute as much or as little as they want. I have seen nothing but great attitudes, laughs, Star Trek fandom, and gaming expertise, with no drama!

If you find that after checking out our website ( http://www.lotusfleet.com/ ) that you are interested our Fleet. Please give a PM and I will be more than happy to assist you in anyway I can.

We are a great group of guys and gals (a lot of us are seasoned gamers) that have tons of experience with MMOs and a love of Star Trek.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Outstanding fleet, outstanding website, outstanding people. Can't wait to experience STO with you all :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Cant wait to explore the universe with friends
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Greetings Lotus Fleet
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Well with the first day of HS behind us it looks like everything is actually running pretty well.:)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hail Lotus Fleet
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    It's kinda sad all those pages of posts are gone now
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    It's not sad it just means we'll have to get back there again! Think of all the great conversation that'll be going on! Game tips, strategies... all sorts of good stuff!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    It's not sad it just means we'll have to get back there again! Think of all the great conversation that'll be going on! Game tips, strategies... all sorts of good stuff!

Very true, but it is a long way to go to get the number of pages we had before.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    and back to the beginning with posts we go again *sigh*
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Bin Hawkins reporting for duty. The hazard team will be On standby 24/7.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Greetings Lotus Fleet. Just an afternoon shout out from your resident Cardassian.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Back to the front page with us.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I hope our members enjoyed our first STO fleet event today (even if it was rather short due to a server crash). We will be having many more!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    This thread lacks coffee induced silliness, but due to having to much fun playing STO, i'll just use some slighly old coffee induced silliness

Engineering 501 - Ellif D'Wulf

(or what the academy doesn't teach you about crisis management)

Engineering is a busy hectic job at the best of times, when the ship goes to red alert things can get a lot busier before the words "red alert" fade away. To avoid confusion and possible errors that endanger the ship we've compiled this handy guide

* Turn the music off, for some reason the Bridge never seem to appreciate having the spitting image chicken song or other great hits playing in the background when they ask you for a report.

* Hide the Foosball table, but make sure the score is noted and kept safe for later. Another oddity about the Bridge crew, they don't seem to appreciate the fine art of the sport called Foosball and it's role in the development of solutions to engineering problems (namely, the computer can handle most stuff it's own self)

* Be aware of your appearance at all times, take those few seconds to check your hair and uniform, untidy hair and a disheveled or slightly torn uniform gives an impression of how hard we work down in engineering, we don't want them to think it's all just sitting around playing "spot the pattern in the warp core effect" do we?

* If you should have to talk to the Bridge, be sure to use a raised voice, yes I know the comm system can easily pick up our voices from background noise and clear it up so the bridge can hear us, but it's dramatic and again gives the impression of just how tough it is down here

* Take a lesson from the greatest starfleet engineer of all time, always (and I can't stress this enough) over estimate the time taken to fix something, be prepared for the CO or XO to cut that time in half (so you must make sure your estimate is more than twice the time you need). Likewise never inform the bridge when something is ready if it's before your estimated time, let them ask so you can say "almost done" and then activate it. It's much more impressive that way

* Make sure you know the location of the hidden smoke machines and who's responsible for turning them on, if a Bridge officer wanders down to "help" (stop laughing in the back) we want the place to look dangerous and that we're giving our all here. The same goes for the jars of soot and grease for use on face and hands

* Hide the cookie jar (this applies to non crisis situations as well). Bridge officers will always attempt to "share" our cookies with themselves

With this information you are now ready to be a part of a skilled trained engineering team that can cope with any crisis situation aboard a starship

oh one final note: The Foosball tournament sign up sheet is on the master systems display console, please take the time to sign up
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Haha classic
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I'm enjoying Star Trek Offline immensely.

Actually, I think these disconnects are Cryptic's method of telling us...

we really should go to bed now...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    okay, that's the bed thing done now and again ready to boldly go.... :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    bah.. altaholic + Cryptic's alien race designer = me busy for over an hour before i log in new alt :P
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Morning everyone.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Other than a few server crashes, everything has been going great.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    And it's down again. >_>

Wants moar servers!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The good side of the server crashes are that i can get some work done finally ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hmm Seems like my little trip to "router died on me" land was not a complete waste. Oh well, still a day until real launch. break the servers now, rather than tomorrow....

right?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hey guys I'm looking for a decent fleet to level with. I have been playing WoW since 2006 and have been raiding in end-game guilds since then. If you're looking for some people to fill out your ranks send me a tell!