test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New twist on the missing away team

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
So my away team was missing when I beamed down to the planet's surface in the Task Force Hippocrates mission and I was a spaceship. So I beamed back up to my ship and then back down as this usually corrects the problem. Well when I arrive, my away team also appears so I take off to engage some nearby Gorn.

After opening fire, I realize that my away team is not following me, their portraits are not appearing on my screen, they are unselectable, and I cannot issue orders to them.

As an experiment, I pull the Gorn back to the Away Team, hoping they will autonomously engage. Sadly they did not. Well I am pretty well armed so I proceed to take down four of the five Gorn in the group I attacked.

Then things get REALLY weird. All of sudden my action bar changes to a similar setup of my one I use in space except I cannot use any of the powers, my phaser rifle disappears, I suddenly cannot move, and my hit points shoot up to 16250, the same as my ship. So there I am, weaponless, with 16250 hp, and a lone gorn with a pistol plinking away. I cannot log out, cannot beam out, cannot fight back.

I had to ctrl-alt-del out of that mess.

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Have the same problem with my awayteam in the first groundmission onbeard the USS Kirk during the City of Never Quest
  • Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Ravenstein wrote: »
    So my away team was missing when I beamed down to the planet's surface in the Task Force Hippocrates mission and I was a spaceship. So I beamed back up to my ship and then back down as this usually corrects the problem. Well when I arrive, my away team also appears so I take off to engage some nearby Gorn.

After opening fire, I realize that my away team is not following me, their portraits are not appearing on my screen, they are unselectable, and I cannot issue orders to them.

As an experiment, I pull the Gorn back to the Away Team, hoping they will autonomously engage. Sadly they did not. Well I am pretty well armed so I proceed to take down four of the five Gorn in the group I attacked.

Then things get REALLY weird. All of sudden my action bar changes to a similar setup of my one I use in space except I cannot use any of the powers, my phaser rifle disappears, I suddenly cannot move, and my hit points shoot up to 16250, the same as my ship. So there I am, weaponless, with 16250 hp, and a lone gorn with a pistol plinking away. I cannot log out, cannot beam out, cannot fight back.

I had to ctrl-alt-del out of that mess.

HAHA i need the chuckle at the end of a long day.