test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ship on Ground

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
This is probably going to be the most annoying LAG bug of all time. Yes, it's caused by lag and server overload. What the bug is, is when you beam down on a planet, your in ship form, you wait a little bit and your in human form. This however is where missions become difficult, because YOUR BY YOURSELF IN MISSIONS, AND YOU CAN NOT CALL FOR BACK UP.

I'm sure the Dev's know this by now, but don't know what cause's it, I'm telling you, this only happens during peak hours or when the servers are full. Thus, it's caused by lag and servers not responding.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    problem still exist and makes easiest quests pain in the a** 5 min scan quests took an hour at best if those mobs are not bugged
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I am getting this a lot, in human form when entering space and shp form on the ground

trek.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I feel your pain lol I got bored of waiting for my ship to turn into my human form so I started moving towards mobs and the greatest thing ever happened....I shot a photon torpedo at them and they died..I loled then got dc'ed..

That mission the Kumah'whatever is the one I am continuously bugged on. No away team and the Torres chick is invincible
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Getting this bug every time! VERY annoying.

Great game so far though.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    it happens when you are on a team
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    It seems to be worse for me when playing Klingon
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    im not in team and happeds to me aslo
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    It happens to me whenever I go from ship to ground or ground to ship no matter if I am on a team or solo.

I have some funny screens from it though.

http://www.xfire.com/profile/brockenstein/screenshots/?ss_file=f32aa4b6c54a488119be45321ccffc2d83864931.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Had this happen to me twice tonight were the ship materialized on the ground, I thought I was in land of the giants for one moment.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    yep , the same , everytime , now i just wait around 1 or 2 min before going "myself" again ...very frustrating in ground pvp .
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    This also happens to me, I can't remember if it ever hasn't happened. Very annoying.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    i can confirm... should it not be? :D
    I always have this lag bug since i started to play. NPC also jumping around because of the serverload. Hope Cryptic will fix the serverload problem when STO goes gold.