test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Beaming to Ground as Ship/To Space as Character?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I'm not sure if this is just lag, but often it lasts for about a minute before my character changes. When I beam down to a planet, a lot of the times I'll spawn as a ship, on the ground. Relative size of course, but I'm a ship with all the animations, and I move VERY slowly. I do have the Ground Action bar though.

Same thing for beaming back up to space, I'll stay as my Ground Character for a few moments.

I hope I explained it accurately.

Anyone else having this problem?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    same issue here.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yep I've had this loads of times, seems quite common.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    It's an Incredibly "common" problem. And I'm not sure if part of the issue is code related or not. What I do know is that it happens far less frequently when it's in the middle of the night and the Server Load drops off.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Extremely common. I just hope I don't go for the dreadnaught. :D and then everyone in room gets squashed. :D
    JK. But I too get the ship on ground/starbase and walking in space.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Stingray4 wrote: »
    Extremely common. I just hope I don't go for the dreadnaught. :D and then everyone in room gets squashed. :D
    JK. But I too get the ship on ground/starbase and walking in space.

HEY! dreadnought is my ship, don't u dare taking her from ME!!!!
    (joking ^^)

im having the same problem, but it seems to lower the time as whe enter the night. maybe it is caused by a delay on the client/server response caused by the stress of many connections.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I'm having the same problem, but I'm also not getting my away team on missions. It really sucks when you have a group of armed Kilngons gunning for you and nobody is watching your back.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    the only way i found to fox it is to log off and log back on . that a choir to get back on in it self but that the only way ito fix it.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    same problem
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Just wait a minute or two and it corrects itself. Same with away teams not spawning.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Raliant wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this is just lag, but often it lasts for about a minute before my character changes. When I beam down to a planet, a lot of the times I'll spawn as a ship, on the ground. Relative size of course, but I'm a ship with all the animations, and I move VERY slowly. I do have the Ground Action bar though.

Same thing for beaming back up to space, I'll stay as my Ground Character for a few moments.

I hope I explained it accurately.

Anyone else having this problem?

stop ship before beam down. it seem to work for me.when i beam down to sol station while my ship had some movement i seem to always take the ship with me.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I used to be able to wait it out. More recently though, it seems like whenever this happens, my client will crash to desktop. Anyone else finding this too?

Also, when reloading the patcher after, it seems to always redownload the most recent patches/updates.... wierd?... 'tis quite annoying.

Edit: Since posting, it has happened like 5 times again. Each time redownloading that damned patch.