test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Warning: Do not dance in space!

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Hey all, I ran into a nasty client crashing bug that I'd rather none of you hit, so I figured I'd post a warning.

You know how sometimes, due to lag, you'll beam off a planet or spacedock and end up standing in space as your character? Well, last night it happened but I was in the middle of a bunch of ships, so I figured I'd entertain them while I waited for my ship to load and dance for them.

DO NOT DANCE IN SPACE!

If you type "/em dance" while your character is in space, you will crash the client and force the patcher to do a file verification, which means not only will you get booted from the game, you'll have to wait 10-15 minutes while the patcher checks your game files before you can log back in.
I've repeated this bug three times, just now, and it looks like performing any persisting emotes while your character is in space will crash the client and force a file verification.

I'm guessing that once they get the avatar models transferring over properly this will remedy itself, but until then, if your character is in space, don't move and don't emote. Just wait 10-20 seconds and your ship will eventually appear.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    You can cancel the check, but yeah I've found out if you do anything whilst that bug is in effect it'll really crash the client out.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I recorded a fraps video of dancing in space hehe, didn't crash me :P THO IM STILL STUCK IN DSE!!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    It must be for particular systems only. I have moved around in space and haven't had any problems.....yet lol